Who is America?

""Children under 5 will also have elevated levels of the pheromone called "Blink-182", produced by the part of the liver called the "Rita Ora". This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the "Cardi B" neural pathway to the "Wiz Khalifa" 40% faster."

LOL

I watched it last night on Showtime on demand...just when you think Sacha Baron Cohen couldn't go any further...well....the first episode was wild...shock comedy, to say the least...several face-palm & wtf moments throughout....:lol:

And whoever does his makeup deserves an Academy Award.  

On 16/07/2018 at 3:58 AM, downzy said:

""Children under 5 will also have elevated levels of the pheromone called "Blink-182", produced by the part of the liver called the "Rita Ora". This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the "Cardi B" neural pathway to the "Wiz Khalifa" 40% faster."

LOL

He literally lifted that from the Brass Eye Drugs episode.

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

I watched it last night on Showtime on demand...just when you think Sacha Baron Cohen couldn't go any further...well....the first episode was wild...shock comedy, to say the least...several face-palm & wtf moments throughout....:lol:

And whoever does his makeup deserves an Academy Award.  

I thought it was okay. I'm not sure what Bernie was doing on there. I didn't see the point of it. I actually felt a little sorry for the Republican couple. Thought that the bit with the artist lady was a bit rapey to be fair. The only bit that was slightly edgy was the NRA bit at the end but it's not like that's not been done to death a million times over. In short. Nothing we haven't seen done much much better a bunch of times before.

Edited by Dazey

You're only new once.

Sascha did Ali G for the UK. Then he took the program to America. Then he made the movies, at that point, the reality piss-taking was very well exhausted.

As much as I admire him for returning to what I adored about Da Ali G Show -real people being made complete fools of- it doesn't work to the degree it used to. 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I thought it was okay. I'm not sure what Bernie was doing on there. I didn't see the point of it. I actually felt a little sorry for the Republican couple. Thought that the bit with the artist lady was a bit rapey to be fair. The only bit that was slightly edgy was the NRA bit at the end but it's not like that's not been done to death a million times over. In short. Nothing we haven't seen done much much better a bunch of times before.

Yeah I thought the conservative family handled it quite well, all things considered.  I've only seen a handful of Sacha Baron Cohen's stuff so I guess that's why it still shocks me at times. 

I think Cohen's brand of comedy and satire only works on targets who deserve it.  Pushing boundaries on unsuspecting decent people doesn't really work (Bernie Sanders, conservative couple, gallery owner).  In those cases the joke is on Cohen's character, not on the unsuspecting person he's playing off.  And for me, those portions don't really work.  

Where it does work is on idiots who think training three year olds shooting guns is a sensible thing to do. 

Some people deserve to be lampooned.  Others do not.  

• Like 1

On 18/07/2018 at 4:24 AM, downzy said:

I think Cohen's brand of comedy and satire only works on targets who deserve it.  Pushing boundaries on unsuspecting decent people doesn't really work (Bernie Sanders, conservative couple, gallery owner).  In those cases the joke is on Cohen's character, not on the unsuspecting person he's playing off.  And for me, those portions don't really work.  

Where it does work is on idiots who think training three year olds shooting guns is a sensible thing to do. 

Some people deserve to be lampooned.  Others do not.  

But then it gets into that messy argument of deserves it according to who?  I think nobody should be safe.

On 2018-07-19 at 5:39 AM, Len Cnut said:

But then it gets into that messy argument of deserves it according to who?  I think nobody should be safe.

True.  To a certain extent, SBC's schtick reminds us that people on both sides of the ideological divide are decent and respectful.  

Then again, it's never as funny as when he gets asshats to do this:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

True.  To a certain extent, SBC's schtick reminds us that people on both sides of the ideological divide are decent and respectful.  

Then again, it's never as funny as when he gets asshats to do this:

Yeah, I'll give him that one! :lol: 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not bloody surprised! :lol:  That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase making an arse of yourself.

I'm actually kind of shocked he stepped down.  He said initially that he had no plans to do so. 

Maybe shame does still exist in American politics.  

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'm actually kind of shocked he stepped down.  He said initially that he had no plans to do so. 

Maybe shame does still exist in American politics.  

Shouting n!gger a thousand time, doin’ a chinky mimic and being splashed across tellys around the world with your trousers down trying to booty bump Sascha Cohen, I’m surprised he still shows his face in public :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shouting n!gger a thousand time, doin’ a chinky mimic and being splashed across tellys around the world with your trousers down trying to booty bump Sascha Cohen, I’m surprised he still shows his face in public :lol:

Have you noticed who's President of late?

• 3 weeks later...

Most of this week felt like outtakes where Sasha failed to get the intended reaction or asked the wrong questions, but there's always these types;

Just wondering though what they're saving for the season final. They obviously didn't get Trump.

Palin, who else?

• Haha 1

Its getting a bit shit to be honest, he's doing the same things over and over, which to a point all of his stuff was but it was a little more different and creative.  I didn't watch all of the episode before this one and I haven't seen this one yet either, was getting a bit samey.

• Like 1