Appetite for Distortion Ep. 74 - "Leaker's Revenge"

7 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

When “Alfred” started doing these strikes he was talkin about getting mygnr shut down. Not sure how . 

Downzy commented on Copyright democracy thread that mygnr was indeed attacked by similar methods around the same time the take downs started received copyright notices etc, and frans posted previously showing an actual screen shot of that strike notice ....could be a "coincidence"  eyeroll.

8 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

When “Alfred” started doing these strikes he was talkin about getting mygnr shut down. Not sure how . 

This talk has been going on for eight or more years.  I guess they're still at the drawing board stage...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

So wait, let me get this right:

The person initiating the copyright takedown requests is doing so because he/she thinks removing the leaked bootlegs from streaming sites will preserve the value of his/her bootlegs?

What a fucking idiot

the only reason the leaks are on streaming sites in the first is because he is the one that leaked them.

i reckon other members of the hoarding community have threatened to give him a good kicking down a dark alley if he dont get them out of circulation, thats why after leaking all that he is now hell bent on getting everything shut down.

if you watch his youtube videos you will see that he clearly has some mental health issues.

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Official, but never released for unknown reasons.

It was said in interviews and articles back in the day that they were going to do another video for TSI apart from Since I Don't Have You and Slash was "in charge" of that. Hair Of The Dog was mentioned as the song likely for a video, but it seems they made one for IDCAY instead, and either they didn't like the result or it was something like a test video.

you wouldn't usually make a video unless its going to be a single. now can you imagine how many bleeps you would need in that song to play it on the radio ? take out the word "fuck" and there would be nothing left. maybe thats why it got shelved.

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They aren't talking about the after-show party clip. They are talking about Evader's "studio" version. That one wasn't supposed to leak (was a personal project of him) and ended up in the wrong hands. It's obviously fake, and they say it took him 3 years to make it.

I remade the instrumental back in 2012, after the concert intro was identified. I wasn't asked to "clean up" the cellphone clip until about a year ago.

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

And Evadur based his remake off of what exactly?

The 2 minute cellphone clip.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, donny said:

you wouldn't usually make a video unless its going to be a single. now can you imagine how many bleeps you would need in that song to play it on the radio ? take out the word "fuck" and there would be nothing left. maybe thats why it got shelved.

They had made a video for The Garden although it wasn't a single, not even a promo one. There also was that semi-official Bad Apples video.

It's strange that they didn't make a video for Ain't It Fun. Michael Monroe had said that Axl planned to do it when they recorded it. I guess by the time TSI came out the plans had changed and Axl wanted to do a video for SIDHY, although Ain't It Fun was still released as the first single.

Christine - I just wanted to let you guys know that you're my favorite band and I just want to know, are you planning on making any videos off "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Slash - We're talking about it.

Axl - Yeah, we're talking about "Since I Don't Have You", and Slash is working on a project for "Hair Of The Dog", actually. I have no idea…

Slash - [laughs]

http://www.a-4-d.com/t618-1994-01-03-interview-with-axl-and-slash

No video for Hair Of The Dog was made eventually either (or maybe there was a video and it's in the vault?). Maybe they did IDCAY instead and planned to release it on home video only (like the ISE video) but they didn't like it? A problem could have been that TSI songs weren't performed live and they finally thought that videos made from live footage for them would be unfitted/look fake. Or it was lost somewhere/forgotten as the band was falling apart? Or maybe IDCAY was a tryout thing.

Edited by Blackstar

42 minutes ago, evader said:

I remade the instrumental back in 2012, after the concert intro was identified. I wasn't asked to "clean up" the cellphone clip until about a year ago.

The 2 minute cellphone clip.

Thought it was based off this 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, donny said:

not GNR and not the General. 

I know, I’m just trying to have some light hearted humor since this band is so depressing.  Maybe I need to take a trip somewhere and relax. I’ll have to check flights on GNAIR

• Haha 2

I'm still sitting around waiting for Evaders version of the General that Was discussed. For Rick that was a real shittty situation he got dragged through and all of us who have enjoyed HOB New Years owe him more gratitude than we can give. I know The General is fanmade from the cell phone clip but since its fan made I figured getting it out to the fans would be a great idea as long as we know it's not a finished song. But I know some do not want it out. Still I will hope and wait.

Edited by jdfdemocracy1979

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Or it was lost somewhere/forgotten as the band was falling apart? Or maybe IDCAY was a tryout thing.

definitely the video is very late, MADE in 1994 so the band was already scattered to pieces by that time, so they probably didn't care at that point. 

+ IDCAY is probably one of the least known "GNR songs" ever, because not everyone, including the hardcore fans, listen to the whole Spaghetti album, and this is the last listed track.

6 hours ago, donny said:

the only reason the leaks are on streaming sites in the first is because he is the one that leaked them.

i reckon other members of the hoarding community have threatened to give him a good kicking down a dark alley if he dont get them out of circulation, thats why after leaking all that he is now hell bent on getting everything shut down.

if you watch his youtube videos you will see that he clearly has some mental health issues.

I’ve heard about these videos.  Can you share them?  I’m very curious to see them. 

Killer podcast.  I’m new here, but not new to reading the forums since 1995/6ish.  Been a member of another supposed “truthful” forum but after listening have left that forum as I started seeing/hearing names mentioned negatively pop-up.  I haven’t heard an 1/8th of this stuff, aside from silkworms which I found a few days ago and was able to stream.  Very cool.  Hope this all sees the light of day.  I know Axl said he wasn’t sure about writing a book and doing things justice with truths and whatnot etc in his interview not too long ago. I think it would rule if he just wrote a book on the CD period about the sessions, his life, thoughts and that period of time.  I still love going back and reading those Chinese whispers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

These have been removed - for fucks sake...

I think its time to start reporting the GunsNRosesVevo channel along with other major artists.  Its the only way to bring this insane process to light and get YouTube to pay attention to it.  

Did the mentally ill person from the "truthful" board likely create an 'IFPI' fake account to do this?  I shouldn't do this from my personal account right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I think its time to start reporting the GunsNRosesVevo channel along with other major artists.  Its the only way to bring this insane process to light and get YouTube to pay attention to it.  

Did the mentally ill person from the "truthful" board likely create an 'IFPI' fake account to do this?  I shouldn't do this from my personal account right?

I vote targeting that lazy ass Move to the City lyric video first 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sidman69 said:

is it possible it was a promo video just done for the spaghetti incident like they did for teh appetite songs when UYI came out?

Maybe, but to me It's so easy is a top song, Mr.Brownstone is a top song. On Spaghetti there's tons of songs better than  "I don't care about you", but I guess taste is subjective.