Appetite for Distortion Ep. 74 - "Leaker's Revenge"

2 hours ago, WAR41 said:

I think its time to start reporting the GunsNRosesVevo channel along with other major artists.  Its the only way to bring this insane process to light and get YouTube to pay attention to it.  

Did the mentally ill person from the "truthful" board likely create an 'IFPI' fake account to do this?  I shouldn't do this from my personal account right?

1) one Copyright Takedown Request is enough to remove the video. so it's extremely easy to do that, if you do it the right way (they don't really examinate the claims much, mostly they remove the video instantly).

2) of course doing that from your personal account is a bad idea. but there are much smarter ways ;) 

3) there's not just Youtube. for example, the imbeciles' forum is hosted on Proboards, and Proboards also have their abuse policy ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not too clear on what was being spoken about - does Rick have the real General, or just the fan-made one? The impression that I got was that he had the real one and was impressed with how close the fan-made one was in comparison.

And are they talking about the Evader version? Is that the 8 second version that "leaked" with all that wind-chime sounding stuff over the top? I couldn't hear any lyrics anywhere near as clearly and Rick seemed to (No offence to Evader, who's work is actually awesome).

56 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I'm not too clear on what was being spoken about - does Rick have the real General, or just the fan-made one? The impression that I got was that he had the real one and was impressed with how close the fan-made one was in comparison.

And are they talking about the Evader version? Is that the 8 second version that "leaked" with all that wind-chime sounding stuff over the top? I couldn't hear any lyrics anywhere near as clearly and Rick seemed to (No offence to Evader, who's work is actually awesome).

A version that Evader made that's 2 minutes and 28 seconds is what was being discussed. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

A version that Evader made that's 2 minutes and 28 seconds is what was being discussed. 

So when the guys said "I have The General", that's what they meant?

Does anyone know what the lyrics were in Evader's version, other than the line Rick mentioned? The 8 sec clip is too short to make anything out. If those are the actual lyrics, then that's dark as fuck.

Edited by Azifwekare

12 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Does anyone know what the lyrics were in Evader's version, other than the line Rick mentioned? The 8 sec clip is too short to make anything out. If those are the actual lyrics, then that's dark as fuck.

My hopes, my dreams have died

Now I rest my hate in the rumors as they're pushin' through

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Correct, that's the version they were talking about; the version Evader made. 

I don't know what the lyrics are but I imagine they're a guess at best. Maybe a great guess, but still, a guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chandler72 said:

I have been questioning the motives of some of the folks on the "truthful" forum for sometime now.  Thanks for the interview Brando. It really sheds some light on some of my suspicions.

Yeah the fact that over there with such truth or what’s supposed to be truth you can’t even discuss what’s leaked, or unreleased songs is just pretentious, ridiculousness.  Even with no bad intent.  It’s stupid.

2 hours ago, D.. said:

Would love to hear the Evader version of The General :)

That's kind of up to him to share. Personally, I think it's amazing and SHOULD be shared. 

@evader what say you? I don't want to put it out there without your blessing, but I think it should be heard for what it's worth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

That's kind of up to him to share. Personally, I think it's amazing and SHOULD be shared. 

@evader what say you? I don't want to put it out there without your blessing, but I think it should be heard for what it's worth. 

Is there a firm count of how unreleased CD tracks with actual vocals?

3 hours ago, UYI4 said:

Yeah the fact that over there with such truth or what’s supposed to be truth you can’t even discuss what’s leaked, or unreleased songs is just pretentious, ridiculousness.  Even with no bad intent.  It’s stupid.

Here's my thing; I've always thought the name of that forum was suspect. 

Just because you tell the "Truth" doesn't mean you're not a fan. Hell, @ZoSoRoseand I have had big arguments in person about how my opinions differ from his. Neither of us have ever accused each other of being less of a fan over it. Different strokes, right?

Shit. He and I recently drove to Cleveland together to see Sons of Apollo and argued almost the whole way there and back about GNR. 

Does that mean he or I should be shunned?? Nope. Not at all. It just means we're two different people with different perspectives, yet we both love us some GNR. 

So when I saw a site named "Truth" but was dedicated to just spewing "facts" as "truth", I just didn't like it. 

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Is there a firm count of how unreleased CD tracks with actual vocals?

I truly think that's all been leaked. 

What Evader did is amazing, but it's all based on the CD / RB vocal stems, not true Axl vocals. It's fucking amazing though, for sure. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

i tell you what Russ, if you leak it everyone on the forum will tell Evader that Alfred did it :):) 

on a more serious note. about 3 weeks ago Evader said "I really don't want this thing going public, so no. It won't be me. But unfortunately it is out there, which is why I have a presence here today. I'm trying to block it." so i doubt he will change his mind.

would be nice if he did though.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, donny said:

i tell you what Russ, if you leak it everyone on the forum will tell Evader that Alfred did it :):) 

on a more serious note. about 3 weeks ago Evader said "I really don't want this thing going public, so no. It won't be me. But unfortunately it is out there, which is why I have a presence here today. I'm trying to block it." so i doubt he will change his mind.

would be nice if he did though.

Ah, ok. I hadn't seen that comment from Evader. I cannot believe someone took his work and traded it towards other GN'R leaks. Crazy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's my thing; I've always thought the name of that forum was suspect. 

Just because you tell the "Truth" doesn't mean you're not a fan. Hell, @ZoSoRoseand I have had big arguments in person about how my opinions differ from his. Neither of us have ever accused each other of being less of a fan over it. Different strokes, right?

Shit. He and I recently drove to Cleveland together to see Sons of Apollo and argued almost the whole way there and back about GNR. 

Does that mean he or I should be shunned?? Nope. Not at all. It just means we're two different people with different perspectives, yet we both love us some GNR. 

So when I saw a site named "Truth" but was dedicated to just spewing "facts" as "truth", I just didn't like it. 

I truly think that's all been leaked. 

What Evader did is amazing, but it's all based on the CD / RB vocal stems, not true Axl vocals. It's fucking amazing though, for sure. 

I am the TRUE fan :lol:

Honestly, arguing is GOOD. Sjit gets boring if everyone has the same opinion!

• Like 3

To those who want to hear this, it is already "out there". I've even been sent public, streaming links to it - people wanting me to verify it was mine. It has been shared with so many people I can't believe you all haven't heard it already.

Please don't PM me for links. I'm terrible at saying "no" but in this particular case I don't feel I have a choice. You'll have to get it from one of the other 50 members of this forum that already have it. When you do hear it, if you don't like it, then I didn't make it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, evader said:

Russ, I wouldn't have a huge problem with someone trying to trade it for something else. It is when they are trying to sell it for thousands of dollars - and claiming it is a real studio track - that I have to draw the line. People that live paycheck to paycheck who have families were being scammed.

Right on. 

Great podcast as usual. 

I have no idea as to how someone is so ignorant that they believe that they can purge something off the net. As was stated earlier, it will just result in more people being interested in it, and it being moved to a more secure platform. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

1 hour ago, evader said:

To those who want to hear this, it is already "out there". I've even been sent public, streaming links to it - people wanting me to verify it was mine. It has been shared with so many people I can't believe you all haven't heard it already.

Please don't PM me for links. I'm terrible at saying "no" but in this particular case I don't feel I have a choice. You'll have to get it from one of the other 50 members of this forum that already have it. When you do hear it, if you don't like it, then I didn't make it. :lol:

I've only been able to find the 8 sec clip, not the 2+ min one. If this was more easily found, then surely it would stop people trying to sell it for thousands

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I've only been able to find the 8 sec clip, not the 2+ min one. If this was more easily found, then surely it would stop people trying to sell it for thousands

I'm pretty sure anyone willing to pay big bucks for unreleased material already knows the "studio" clip is fake. I've been screaming about it for over a month on the largest GNR fan forum in the world, despite desperately not wanting to be any part of this mess.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, junior201 said:

Someone?

Um resumo nao existe no forum do gunsnrosesbrasil.com? Se nao, talvez o Manets ou Neon pode ajudar com isso? Desculpe meu portugues, por favor. Faz anos sem falar.

3 minutes ago, donny said:

sounds like Evader has given the go ahead :) 

now who can sort us out with a link ? 

Eu nao entendo nada. Quero caipirinha, por favor.