Appetite for Distortion Ep. 74 - "Leaker's Revenge"

I heard:  “Twas in the darkest depths of Mordor I met a girl so fair.  But Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her…”

Dear, Axl... please come and save us from this void of creativity thou hast wrought upon us.  In the vacuum you have unwillingly (or willingly) created we have descended into madness.  

• Haha 2

"my hopes my dreams have died,
now i rest my hate in the rumors as they're pushin through
there's a child now chained to the bed now"

Start I do recognize also now....my english sucks like hell... without having read them before I wouldn't hear it at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, evader said:

I cleaned up the cellphone clip well enough that I could figure out most of the lyrics and some of the additional instrumentation that wasn't part of the concert intro. I used common sense and educated guesses to fill in the blanks. If school history is a good indicator, I'm good for about 75% accuracy on educated guesses. Then, I rebuilt all of it - vocals and instrumentals - using numerous sources. Vocals are entirely from the CD multis - one ahhhh, oooooh, ohhhh, eeeee, ihhhhh, and ayyyyeee at a time. Why vowels? Because you can't always hear low-frequency consonants in the cell clip if you rip out the crowd noise.

Basically, figure out the vowel, then figure out it's pitch, then find it in the multis, then shape it, then stick it into the puzzle. If it doesn't quite fit, you find another piece that does.

Your Atlas comparison doesn't quite work because that particular puzzle didn't come with a reference picture on the box lid. At least this one I worked on had a blurry picture to work from (cellphone clip). The more hours I worked on the puzzle, the clearer the picture on the box lid became. Am I close? I'll let you and history determine that. Either way, I'm quite certain GNR wouldn't want the "Evader Version" to be the public's first perception of a long-vaulted song meant for a future album.

Also, the guitar solo from my clip does not match the cell clip. My version is from Buckethead's Factory V. I have one very old version that MAY be "out there" which has Bucket playing an extended version of the solo from the clip.

"I have a very old version that MAY be "out there""..????

What are you referring to? Another, older version of The General or something else?

i think there are several versions of the General.

a bucket/finck version where the intro was played as a concert intro.(same as cell phone)

a bumble/ashba version as 4tus said they had all been in the studio working on stuff.

maybe a pitman/ashba/brain remix ???

its been said that slash has done his guitar part on atlas shrugged. only one song ? nah. if true then a newer slash version is probably somewhere.

a remade Evader version(still yet to hear the full clip)

now take into account that there are 2 clips. cell phone and intro, and both have been worked on by various line ups of the band and Evader. 

there is a lot around but only in small bits. and its getting hard to tell whats real and whats fan made. 

surely its time to just release the fuckin thing officially or let one of the many people that have worked on it in the past to let it "slip" out

2 hours ago, Estrangedfx said:

"I have a very old version that MAY be "out there""..????

What are you referring to? Another, older version of The General or something else?

A previous version of The G that I made, back in March, which I think found it's way to Florida. I believe that old version is the one which was being sold. However, I believe Rick also received the newer version, with the Factory V solo and some improved editing on the vocals, which I believe is superior.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, evader said:

A previous version of The G that I made, back in March, which I think found it's way to Florida. I believe that old version is the one which was being sold. However, I believe Rick also received the newer version, with the Factory V solo and some improved editing on the vocals, which I believe is superior.

so you made 2 versions ? talk about dangle a carrot. put us out of our misery. i don't mean robert de nero style either 

This message is for the gnrtruth guys reading this particular thread.  Yes, I signed up to be a part of your forum with absolutely no intention whatsoever of hating on your page.  I'd never even heard of your site and decided to check it out... more facets of GNR fandom is a good thing in my opinion, and I'm mature enough to allow room for opinions that don't reflect my own.  Apparently, you saw my screen name in this thread and pre-banned me for simply being a part of this forum.  That is some weird strand of paranoia you've got going on.  Life is short... ease up just a bit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pastortine said:

This message is for the gnrtruth guys reading this particular thread.  Yes, I signed up to be a part of your forum with absolutely no intention whatsoever of hating on your page.  I'd never even heard of your site and decided to check it out... more facets of GNR fandom is a good thing in my opinion, and I'm mature enough to allow room for opinions that don't reflect my own.  Apparently, you saw my screen name in this thread and pre-banned me for simply being a part of this forum.  That is some weird strand of paranoia you've got going on.  Life is short... ease up just a bit...

cult/sociopath behavior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donny said:

so you made 2 versions ? talk about dangle a carrot. put us out of our misery. i don't mean robert de nero style either 

Oh no. There were WAY more than 2 versions, and I could make 100 in a day because all the tracks are split. But, the early version that I think made it to Florida had the ending vocal of a previous verse that leads into what I believe is the chorus. I think that it goes "I always wanted you to leave......" and is the beginning of the cellphone clip. Could also be "I always wanted you to be" but "leave" seemed more appropriate. That version also had a "Bucket-headed" solo which was very similar to the cellphone guitar solo, which is most likely Finck. That was the last version I shared with anyone who may have sent it to Florida.

The version that is leaking - I think - is the same version Rick received. It has a different solo, also Bucket (Factory V). No intro pre-chorus vocal.

So now I consider there to be 3 versions, none of which I will ever consider to be "done".

1) The version Rick discussed (2:28)

2) The full version with the aforementioned vocal (just a few extra seconds)

3) The Shacklers Remix-style version, which is my current favorite, but most of you would f'ing hate (3:43)

Edited by evader
clarification

That's how much of a fan I am and how much I think the relationship between this band and it's fans needs repairing.

I totally agree.  hopefully they dont wait until it's too late.  you know, after 7 yrs of this tour, same set list, no interviews, more skeleton t shirts.  Eventually even the diehard fans will grow tired and move on.

in regard to the General, I don't think I want to hear it now that I know what it's about. being a parent brings that stuff into a different perspective.  But at the same time we can't just put our head in the sand and pretend this evil doesn't exist.

would be cool if and when they released that song they donated all proceeds feom that song to a child abuse shelter/ charity.  God knows the victims could use the money... and outside of having to pay Perla, do these guys really need 500 million dollars?  im not one to penalize or criticise those who have earned a successful living, just saying it could be a cool thing to do.

......or perhaps they can just reinvest the money for another clothing line with skeletons on them.  the world certainly needs more of that!!!

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 4