17/7/1993 - a quarter of a century ago

17 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Give me the fuckin Blu Ray from fuckin Argentina 1993, last fuckin concert and the fuckin Blu Ray from fuckin Troubadour 2016.. I want fuckin History at my fuckin Home on my fuckin TV who can ultra fuckin HD.

Too fucking right mate ;)

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

Give me the fuckin Blu Ray from fuckin Argentina 1993, last fuckin concert and the fuckin Blu Ray from fuckin Troubadour 2016.. I want fuckin History at my fuckin Home on my fuckin TV who can ultra fuckin HD.

Please try not using this type of fucking language. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Please try not using this type of fucking language. 

To quote the sticker on my UYI II: "This album contains language which some listeners may find objectionable. They can F?!* OFF and buy something from the New Age section."

:)

Edited by Waemoth
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

And still not oficially released...

Don't know what's the quality of the master telefe tapes (I guess worse than mtv broadcasts), but if they recorded it in a decent way, quality should be similar to this.

Just imagine Argentina 93 with that quality

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a lame show to end a mammoth, one-for-the-ages, 2+1/2 year world tour with ... :facepalm:

The UYI started off on a high in mid '91, and peaked in late '91, early '92 with those epic 2+1/2 to 3 hour shows, goofy costumes, erratic behaviour, and most importantly -> CRAZY setlists, stuffed with goodies, 'deep' UYI cuts like 'Perfect Crime', 'Pretty Tied Up', '14 Years', 'Estranged' etc ... rotated in and out, mixed up with blasts from the past like 'Rocket Queen', 'Move To The City', 'My Michelle'  ... At any given time you could even be surprised with 'Locomotive', 'Coma', 'Breakdown', ...

Then they took off for Europe and the shows never recovered ... they developed a kind of standard 2 hour set, with little to no changes/surprises ...

By the time they got to Europe the next year in May '93, shows were often dropping under 2 hours, there was ZERO excitement and/or setlist changes/surprises, the welcome change of the acoustic set had become boring and repetitious, dragging on for up to 45 minutes. :shrugs:

They decided to end the tour in Argentina, for 2 shows tacked on to the end of that snooze-fest of a European leg. 2 Nights in a massive football stadium, packed to the rafters with crazed South-American fans ...

... and THIS is what they got :wacko: :

07.16.93 - Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Welcome To The Jungle, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

07.17.93 - Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina
set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Yesterdays, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Pinball Wizard & Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dust In The Wind [Intro] / November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

Instead of the above <_< , GNR should've gone all out for one last time, to end the most important tour of their career, the end of an era, the end of the REAL GNR, and served up something like this :

01.28.92 - San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, CA
set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Don't Cry, My Michelle, Nightrain, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Move To The City, You Could Be Mine, So Fine, Piano Solo, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Yesterdays, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

I would just have picked 'Perfect Crime' as an opener, moved up 'Welcome To The Jungle' a few places, and maybe added in 'Locomotive' and 'Pretty Tied Up', but hey, it's GNR, you can't have it all :lol:

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

What a lame show to end a mammoth, one-for-the-ages, 2+1/2 year world tour with ... :facepalm:

The UYI started off on a high in mid '91, and peaked in late '91, early '92 with those epic 2+1/2 to 3 hour shows, goofy costumes, erratic behaviour, and most importantly -> CRAZY setlists, stuffed with goodies, 'deep' UYI cuts like 'Perfect Crime', 'Pretty Tied Up', '14 Years', 'Estranged' etc ... rotated in and out, mixed up with blasts from the past like 'Rocket Queen', 'Move To The City', 'My Michelle'  ... At any given time you could even be surprised with 'Locomotive', 'Coma', 'Breakdown', ...

Then they took off for Europe and the shows never recovered ... they developed a kind of standard 2 hour set, with little to no changes/surprises ...

By the time they got to Europe the next year in May '93, shows were often dropping under 2 hours, there was ZERO excitement and/or setlist changes/surprises, the welcome change of the acoustic set had become boring and repetitious, dragging on for up to 45 minutes. :shrugs:

They decided to end the tour in Argentina, for 2 shows tacked on to the end of that snooze-fest of a European leg. 2 Nights in a massive football stadium, packed to the rafters with crazed South-American fans ...

... and THIS is what they got :wacko: :

07.16.93 - Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Welcome To The Jungle, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

07.17.93 - Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina
set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Yesterdays, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Pinball Wizard & Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dust In The Wind [Intro] / November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

Instead of the above <_< , GNR should've gone all out for one last time, to end the most important tour of their career, the end of an era, the end of the REAL GNR, and served up something like this :

01.28.92 - San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, CA
set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Don't Cry, My Michelle, Nightrain, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Move To The City, You Could Be Mine, So Fine, Piano Solo, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Yesterdays, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

I would just have picked 'Perfect Crime' as an opener, moved up 'Welcome To The Jungle' a few places, and maybe added in 'Locomotive' and 'Pretty Tied Up', but hey, it's GNR, you can't have it all :lol:

They added Nightrain for the 17th show after not playing it for over a month!! :lol:

There still isn't a full version from the 16th either