Weird dreams/Nightmares

Gibson87

I think there was a thread for this a while ago but I don't want to bump it so I'm making a new one. 

I had a really bad one last night. I had a fear of thunderstorms growing up and in this nightmare, I was in the kitchen of my childhood home with my parents and brother. The thunder sounded similar to a bomb going off and we were all huddled around each other like we were going to die. All of us were screaming in fear and saying our goodbyes. I woke up around 5AM and the sun was starting to rise and the birds were awake. I felt a bit off for about 20 minutes 

Feel free to share any weird/bad dreams here!

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

I almost never remember my dreams, but the rare ones I do remember are fuckin weird. They're almost always either set at night or I 'see' them in black and white, and they make absolutely no sense. For example, one probably about a year ago involved myself and a crowd of people running along a sidewalk only to stop at an intersection until traffic was going towards our crosswalk, then sprint through the crosswalk dodging cars and buses and shit. But then suddenly I turn a corner and I'm taking a nice stroll along a boardwalk. That one was set at night, but was in colour... random shit like that. :lol:

• Haha 2

My dog running over a cliff edge is the worst nightmare I've had. I've only had it a few times in his 11 years with me, but every time I wake up in cold sweats and can't get back to sleep :(

On a brighter note, I've also experienced lucid dreaming on quite a few occassions which is a lot of fun. It's basically where you're consciously aware that you're dreaming, so you can control your dreams :)

• Like 1

Frequently I spend part of - if not the entire - night in a very light sleep. Im not really dreaming but kinda am drifting in and out of almost dreams. So often I'll be fully woken up by the oddness of the 'dreams' like, "Wait. What? That doesn't make sense?" It is annoying to say the least :lol:

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Frequently I spend part of - if not the entire - night in a very light sleep. Im not really dreaming but kinda am drifting in and out of almost dreams. So often I'll be fully woken up by the oddness of the 'dreams' like, "Wait. What? That doesn't make sense?" It is annoying to say the least :lol:

You don't think your dreams make sense? :lol:

I don't think any dreams really make sense to be honest. It's one of the things I hate about television/film depictions of dreams, they can't show them realistically because the normal rules of reality don't apply, like when you're talking to someone you know, but they're actually someone else, or they can transition into being someone else midway through your conversation... Or when you're in a 'familiar' place, but it's some sort of bizarre alternative version that your mind's come up with. 

I dream a shitload...a few a night.  But its almost always obvious, at least to me, where they came from.  People I met during the day, things that occured to me, thoughts I had, something I saw on the telly, something I talked about, just a weird unrelated mish mash.  I had one the other day that included a bird I spent the day with, Michaelangelo (the Sistine Chapel one, I was watching a documentary) and Neymar.  All round the house I grew up with :lol:

I stopped smoking skunk in November and it made me dream tons.  A lot more than usual.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I just found it funny that a christian would look at his dreams and claim they don't make sense :lol:

...That doesn't make any sense at all... 

Your complete misunderstanding of Christianity is a constant source of comedy :rofl-lol: 

I have a recurring nightmare leading up to races, where I'm running in the race but there's all these obstacles that force me to stop and pass a mental or physical challenge before continuing in the race. Not hard to realize the meaning since these dreams always come during heavy training blocks. Or I'm running in a house winding thru lots of rooms. Any other runners have these dreams? 

I have a LOT of strange dreams. What's really strange about them is that I'm mostly watching at first, then "move" the people, animals, plants or objects and then I am one of them, mostly myself but also often others. They don't make any sense, that means, it makes perfectly sense in and immediately after the dream but when I think about it it doesn't make any sense at all. Most of the time I dream about things like coming late, getting lost or combinations. Also dreams of things that happened throughout the day. I also almost never know which language the dream was in. I know what ppl said but not the language. It's kinda weird. Does that happen to anyone else?

Nightmares? The last one I had I can't remember, I can only remember it was a nightmare including an evil man whose face was almost Duff's face, but I don't remember what was going on. The last one I can really remember was a bit complicated, to cut it short it was about a neighbor who wanted to talk to me in the cellar and then flooded the cellar.

I get some weird dreams where I'm trying to find the train to get home. I never seem to be able to find the right train.

Also walking through neighborhoods that I've never seen before. Maybe I have in a movie or something, but in my dreams I have no idea?

I sometimes dream that I leave my purse on a chair or something and I get robbed. I see my wallet and my cash and credit cards and license are gone. That really freaks me out. Usually then I wake up.

I don't usually have nightmares about monsters, but sometimes crazy people who are out to get me.

Sometimes I don't remember my dreams at all. I think we dreams tons of dreams during the night, so I don't think I remember most of them.

• Like 1

I have had a recurring dream since I was young. I am walking along and suddenly I am falling, everything is dark, total blackness, I feel the sensation of actually falling, then I suddenly wake up with a jolt like I catch myself from falling. And when I have this dream, after I wake up and try to go back asleep, it starts right back up again 😣

I had a series of dreams recently that were kinda comically bad versions of horror films I've never watched but know a bit of the plot of. There was a Saw based one where the guy cut his own foot off to escape a shackle, and then the rest of the dream was following him around as he crawled crab-style using two hands and one foot out of the building where he'd been, then he went to the shops and struggled to complete his purchases... Another was a version of Candyman where both the Candyman and the guy he was hunting down were being played by Robbie Coltrane.

Odd timing on this thread.  I've been sleeping really poorly because of frequent nightmares that started last Friday.  Mostly about my old house that I left in 94, and dead family members.  It isn't scary exactly, just very unsettling to me on a personal level.

@DeadSlash It’s very freaky when you dream of deceased people you know, isn’t it?

Does anyone know the psychology of why we dream about loved ones who have passed away?

I wasn’t going to contribute to this thread, but last night I dreamt I was in my third marriage. Somehow the first guy I married was my friend’s ex who was a bit of a wet blanket. Totally not right for me. 

————-

As a side note, in real life this guy saw himself as a writer. He wrote fan fiction which involved my friend and himself having nasty sex to Crazy Bitch. She confirmed to me that this event was very much in the realm of non-reality. :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

Odd timing on this thread.  I've been sleeping really poorly because of frequent nightmares that started last Friday.  Mostly about my old house that I left in 94, and dead family members.  It isn't scary exactly, just very unsettling to me on a personal level.

Last Friday was Friday the 13th :wow:

Not to make light of the unsettling content of your dreams. 

• Like 1