'Move To The City' lyric video just released!

9 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Judging by the fact it looks very similar to the screen videos they've been playing during the tour, I can't help but wonder if they're considering playing this live?

I'd welcome it, given how stagnant the setlist is now.

(Feel free to move if you think this should be in the AFD Remastered subforum instead)

It looks extremely cheap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I highly doubt the sound quality has anything to do with it. They choose it not because it is better but because it is an uncirculated take and "new" to everyone, one of the few recordings from the classic era no one heard. The 1986 version doesn't sound like a demo to me at all even though it actually is one. I doubt anyone who listens to it will go "that sounds like a demo" or will realize it's a demo without knowing it. Which is why that doesn't justify to me to release the inferior version.

I guess we disagree. The quality difference is very noticeable. 

10 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Judging by the fact it looks very similar to the screen videos they've been playing during the tour, I can't help but wonder if they're considering playing this live?

I'd welcome it, given how stagnant the setlist is now.

(Feel free to move if you think this should be in the AFD Remastered subforum instead)

is better video lyric than SOYL 👍

Such a great tune but boy what lousy cheap ass video. Any b/w photo or video collage would have been nicer than this half assed crap. They really should stop with such crappy animation and all this skulls and dead theme everywhere and stuff, way too cheap and negative for their music. Where's the roses in these guns?

15 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think they dropped the ball here and released the wrong version. This is much inferior to the other, 1986 acoustic version from Sound City they included. The vibe, instrumentation and backing vocals are so much better on that recording, this one seems very "cold" compared to it. Also weird to not do classic era photos for the video, seeing the 2018 line up with audio from 1988 doesn't feel right.

And yes I want it real badly. Acoustic or electric, just play it at all! Much better song than Shadow to me

Seriously, there are soooooo many version of that song on this box.  They could have had a single CD with just Move To the City takes....

It's just a bland lyric video.... though I do quite like that acoustic version and I hope they play it live (I've wanted them to do an acoustic set during the show since last year). Kinda neat to pick out photos from a show I was at, that Slash pic at 1:34 is from the Gorge 2017 show, as you can easily tell from the distinctive t-shirt.

13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I never liked this song until I heard this version. Hopefully they play it live eventually. 

I always liked the song but all 3 alternate versions they just released are better than the LIES version for sure.

10 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Hmm, I prefer the electric version. Hope they'll play that one live.

So now let's pray for a Jumpin' Jack Flash/Mama Kin lyric video + live performance :D 

Man, I thought the Acoustic Jumpin' Jack Flash would have been a killer killer single..  This is a cool choice too if that is what it is.. Would love to see them attempt it live.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, default_ said:

The video looks bad and amateur, but hey, thats a hell of a great song. 

Most of their graphics and videos are pretty awful these days but the songs getting out there make up for it.  This one is ok for a lyrics video.

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Most of their graphics and videos are pretty awful these days but the songs getting out there make up for it.  This one is ok for a lyrics video.

Indeed, is better than SOYL video 👍

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

At least the lyrics make sense and tell a story. SOYL is like random words chosen because they fit the melody.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the attraction with SOYL Is all about. I certainly prefer Move To The City.

27 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the attraction with SOYL Is all about. I certainly prefer Move To The City.

It is much better, hence it was actually released on an EP/album in the 80's vs being a "new" single 30 years later.

22 hours ago, ironmt said:

I have loved Shadow forever.. This is absolutely mind blowing to me that I have been hearing it on the radio.. Guns N' Motherfucking Roses \m/

• Like 1