'Move To The City' lyric video just released!

I think they dropped the ball here and released the wrong version. This is much inferior to the other, 1986 acoustic version from Sound City they included. The vibe, instrumentation and backing vocals are so much better on that recording, this one seems very "cold" compared to it. Also weird to not do classic era photos for the video, seeing the 2018 line up with audio from 1988 doesn't feel right.

And yes I want it real badly. Acoustic or electric, just play it at all! Much better song than Shadow to me

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Setzer said:

A bit strange that they made a new video for it, rather than using the one from the Blu-ray

I agree with the other posters that this is an indication they will want to play it live. Then it would make sense for photos of the NITL tour to be in the video, if it's gonna be used on stage during the tour when they play this.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Cool video but why have they used the animation playing on the screens during OTGM for this video as well?

Isn't the same  , reflections on the car are similar idea, the words on the car are the lyrics of City too i just noticed

Edited by swishtz

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think they dropped the ball here and released the wrong version. This is much inferior to the other, 1986 acoustic version from Sound City they included. The vibe, instrumentation and backing vocals are so much better on that recording, this one seems very "cold" compared to it. Also weird to not do classic era photos for the video, seeing the 2018 line up with audio from 1988 doesn't feel right.

And yes I want it real badly. Acoustic or electric, just play it at all! Much better song than Shadow to me

The sound quality of this one is much, much better than the other one. That's probably why, the other one sounds like a demo recording they're not gonna release that. 

35 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

The sound quality of this one is much, much better than the other one. That's probably why, the other one sounds like a demo recording they're not gonna release that. 

I highly doubt the sound quality has anything to do with it. They choose it not because it is better but because it is an uncirculated take and "new" to everyone, one of the few recordings from the classic era no one heard. The 1986 version doesn't sound like a demo to me at all even though it actually is one. I doubt anyone who listens to it will go "that sounds like a demo" or will realize it's a demo without knowing it. Which is why that doesn't justify to me to release the inferior version.

Nice, and I’d definitely wanna hear it in the playlist. The question is, how would Axl sound on it now in 2018. It seems to be at that middle level where he doesn’t go too raspy any longer, if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, I would much more prefer stuff like Nice Boys or You’re Crazy (the Appetite version). They are kick-ass songs, and Axl would rasp the shit out of them. Great for the playlist choreography, too.

It's a much cooler video than I expected and I'm really hoping they add it to the set list. But I have to agree, I prefer the acoustic version of the song. It's hard for me to relate with 50+ year olds and this song. I think it would be even stronger showing their 1986 / 87 selves in the video and performing it on NITLT. 

• Like 2