Gibson_Guy87

Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Just started listening to it. (I downloaded Spotify just to listen to it because I can’t find it anywhere else yet). The chorus sounds very similar to songs off World on Fire. One part takes from a previous song off Apocolypic Love (Haven’t listened to them in a while so I’m rusty on which song is which). The riff is very hard and reminds me of 5 o’clock somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Just started listening to it. (I downloaded Spotify just to listen to it because I can’t find it anywhere else yet). The chorus sounds very similar to songs off World on Fire. One part takes from a previous song off Apocolypic Love (Haven’t listened to them in a while so I’m rusty on which song is which). The riff is very hard and reminds me of 5 o’clock somewhere.

The call back is to Standing in the Sun. I kinda got the Snakepit vibe from the riff too. Hopefully the album is chock full of riffs like that 

Just now, Gibbo said:

Won't play :(

That's odd. Maybe they're limiting it to the US? 

Just now, Gibbo said:

Whats it like

Very strong riff, chorus sounds like WOF. Overall it's a pretty strong single, imo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The call back is to Standing in the Sun. I kinda got the Snakepit vibe from the riff too. Hopefully the album is chock full of riffs like that 

That's odd. Maybe they're limiting it to the US? 

I was thinking it was Standing in the Sun. I hadn’t listened to that song in months but I had its riff stuck in my head yesterday and I still remember the name of the song.

Edited by Ninjapie24
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Won't play :(

It wouldn't play for me either, but I searched spotify for "Driving Rain" and it was the top result and I was able to play it.

7 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I really like their Apocalyptic Love, but I thought World on Fire pretty much all of it was generic and ran together.  This reminds me of the World on Fire album, except for that part that is LITERALLY from Standing in the sun.  That was kinda weird.

I guess its not available outside US yet. Damn. 

Got it working 29 secs. Is that all there is?

11 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Got it working 29 secs. Is that all there is?

It’s 4 minutes 10 seconds.

• Like 1

Its ok...Idk if I like the chorus yet and reusing standing in the sun is lame. His guitar during the verses sounds great 

Sounds good, a bit more radio friendly than what I would like but I'm sure that the other songs on the album will be great. More aggressive.

Where's @janrichmond?!

• Like 2

God I love the opening. The rest of the song is ok. I don’t like copying the lyrics from an earlier song. I can’t get past that opening riff, it’s so good. It reminds me of a Disturbed song because it starts out with a badass fucking riff, but the rest of the song doesn’t quite compare (that’s only for a few Disturbed songs). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

God I love the opening. The rest of the song is ok. I don’t like copying the lyrics from an earlier song. I can’t get past that opening riff, it’s so good. It reminds me of a Disturbed song because it starts out with a badass fucking riff, but the rest of the song doesn’t quite compare (that’s only for a few Disturbed songs). 

Yeah, I agree. I love SMKC and on my first listen I'm not totally into this track. As far as lead singles, I think I like You're a Lie and World on Fire more. The intro and main riff are fucking killer. I dig the verses, Myles sounds great. I could even hear Axl coming up with something cool on those verses (you know we are all going to be "imagine Axl on that part!" when this album comes out...), the weird little "off" fills are great, too. Idk if I am on board for the chorus, but I don't dislike it exactly. The Standing in the Sun part is very distracting, and that took me out of the song. Its the exact same thing. Come on, guys

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Yeah the chorus feels a little watered down but hopefully there will be other songs on the record that make up for that.

Posted (edited)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's soooo... SMKC.  :shrugs:

/waves it on through.

I think I actually hate it 'cause it's so SMKC. The chorus is okay but how many times do they repeat it? Jesus. We'll cut and paste SITS in.... Solo feels super uninspired... what's my problem? I should leave haha. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ant said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's soooo... SMKC.  :shrugs:

/waves it on through.

I think I actually hate it 'cause it's so SMKC. The chorus is okay but how many times do they repeat it? Jesus. We'll cut and paste SITS in.... Solo feels super uninspired... what's my problem? I should leave haha. 

I love SMKC and I think I agree, man. Not a bad song, but not really a good one.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mansin Humanity said:

Out of all the SMKC songs in the world, this is definitely one of them.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Posted (edited)

I cant listen yet, but a Snakepit riff sounds enticing! 

Edited by soon

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, soon said:

I cant listen yet, but a Snakepit riff sounds enticing! 

Yes, Dirty Girl from WOF reminded me of Snakepit a lot, and seems people really dig it, it's one of the most popular songs of Slash on Spotify with over 5 million streams. Hope there's atleast one song similar to it on this

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2