Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

22 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I thought you said you heard the album already? 

I have =still cant wait to hear it again -I dont have a copy man, All I did was listen to it , no big deal , its great just like ive always said =and I have always said in my posts CALL OF THE WILD was my favorite , I wanan listen again because I liked all of them 

Edited by TMAC20

THE RIFF for call of the wild sounds like something ive heard on the NITLT  TOUR- Cant place yet -but heard some of the that  chord progression before on the tour -maybe Loose Rocket Queen Jam before the song kicks in maybe not, somewhere heard this riff on the tour somewhere 

7 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

Where did you hear that? 

6 hours ago, jack225 said:

Someone on this forum said that slash said he'd release a third song before the album comes out. 

In one of the interviews Slash said that they might release another single before the album is out but maybe they decided not to.

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Oh didn't know this. It's either gonna be The Call Of The Wild or My Antidote then considering those are the other 2 songs they're playing right now

Well next Friday is when the album is released so maybe they won't have another single, unless it's out early next week.

16 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

THE RIFF for call of the wild sounds like something ive heard on the NITLT  TOUR- Cant place yet -but heard some of the that  chord progression before on the tour -maybe Loose Rocket Queen Jam before the song kicks in maybe not, somewhere heard this riff on the tour somewhere 

This was released DURING the NITLT Tour, maybe that's where you heard it? :D 

And from what I've seen thus far, My Antidote and Serve You Right are my favorites, even though I love chorus in Driving Rain and Slash zztopin' in MYM solo :P And what's great about this album is that you can distinguish with no problems which songs were written during SMKC tour in 2015 and which one came out when Slash was already back in GNR.

- Driving Rain and Call of The Wild are obviously similar to World On Fire; riffage, tempo, everything

- Mind Your Manners (kinda SOYL), Serve You Right (freakin' Snakepit vibe!) and My Antidote (YCBM) were definitely written after GNR reunited.

@TMAC20

You can also check this topic, maybe you'll find your answer: 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2018 at 9:50 AM, Ralphelmo said:

This was released DURING the NITLT Tour, maybe that's where you heard it? :D 

And from what I've seen thus far, My Antidote and Serve You Right are my favorites, even though I love chorus in Driving Rain and Slash zztopin' in MYM solo :P And what's great about this album is that you can distinguish with no problems which songs were written during SMKC tour in 2015 and which one came out when Slash was already back in GNR.

- Driving Rain and Call of The Wild are obviously similar to World On Fire; riffage, tempo, everything

- Mind Your Manners (kinda SOYL), Serve You Right (freakin' Snakepit vibe!) and My Antidote (YCBM) were definitely written after GNR reunited.

@TMAC20

You can also check this topic, maybe you'll find your answer: 

Were did you hear My Antidote? 

Fuck you guys making me listen to it. Definite nasty Aint Life Grand Snakepit vibes for My Antidote. Maybe some AFD (My Michelle/Out Ta Get Me) in there too. And some Ab III/Fortress Alter Bridge? Dare I say it they kinda found their own sound on this song, having all that rolled into one? Can't fucking wait for friday. Man I knew the album tracks would be so much better than the singles

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

So a user on the Alter Bridge forum suggested this album is already in stores in Michigan: 

"So it may or may not already be on shelves here in West Michigan...."

Anyone in West Michigan able to check that out for us? 

I live in East Michigan. Flying in from Philly today but way too lazy to go searching for it