Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

27 minutes ago, skik08 said:

https://overdrive-mag.com/2018/09/16/review-slash-ft-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-living-the-dream/

This review seems extremely positive. Looking forward to hearing "Lost Inside the Girl", as it is apparently very similar to Myles' solo album stuff.

Funny how every single of these song descriptions sounds more promising to me than the ones we already know, curious to hear the "80s", the "bluesy" and the acoustic song.

Edited by EricA

2 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

So a user on the Alter Bridge forum suggested this album is already in stores in Michigan: 

"So it may or may not already be on shelves here in West Michigan...."

Anyone in West Michigan able to check that out for us? 

Could they narrow it down a little? What store shelves? Best Buy and chains or the smaller places like Vertigo and Corner Recorp Shop.

45 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't trust those reviews. Most of the time they don't match with my perceptions

100% positive reviews are almost always made by people who will worship anything their favourite artist puts out. The only site I consistently read music album reviews on is allmusic.com, they're mostly pretty spot on.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

This is some bad quality japanese interview Slash gave, talks about the album a bit, why he choose pro tools this time, why Driving Rain was the first single and some other stuff. He said releasing The Call Of The Wild as the first single would be too good you wouldn't be able to follow it up, lol.

• Thanks 1

I can already sorta see how this album will pan out.  If you enjoy straight up rock music, riffs and solos etc, you will probably quite enjoy this album. 

If you're into more epic, piano based, industrial, experimental, evolution stuff, this probably won't do much for you. 

SMKC are not a band looking to create new trends. Slash is like mid 50s now playing the music that he enjoys. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I can already sorta see how this album will pan out.  If you enjoy straight up rock music, riffs and solos etc, you will probably quite enjoy this album. 

If you're into more epic, piano based, industrial, experimental, evolution stuff, this probably won't do much for you. 

SMKC are not a band looking to create new trends. Slash is like mid 50s now playing the music that he enjoys. 

Your middle name isn't Sherlock, is it?

:P

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think Call of the Wild is the best so far :slash:

I'm still unconvinced. I think it's better than the first two singles but it doesn't really satisfy me.

Would love to hear the studio version of Antidote. Except for the chorus that's the kind of hard rock I'm waiting for. Based on the live recording.

I have this strange feeling that even though first two singles got massive amount of negative strikes so far, this album will be described as the best that SMKC ever did. There's something fresh and unexpected in COTW, My Antidote and Serve You Right. What's the factor X? Slash touring with GNR or Frank Sidoris on rhythm guitar?

Damn this band has really evolved during all those years. You may laugh but two more years and it will be 10 years since Slash gathered those guys in one room to create a band that's still active and managed to record three albums with 45 songs in total (+ three live DVDs and played together more than 500 full length gigs)...

57 minutes ago, Lio said:

Thank you. Why oh why doesn't Myles sing more with that voice he has from 2'06? I like that a LOT better than his usual voice on Slash songs 

30 years ago, when Myles started singing, he had this deep grunge voice I miss a lot now, more than his raspy episodes later. Just give it a shot:

Then he rocked a lot his vocal cords with Mayfield Four in early 2000's and on first two Alter Bridge albums. Actually AB's catalogue shows the best how Myles has changed as a vocalist. In my opinion, on album called simply 'AB3', where band found it's own fresh sound, Myles begun to sing the way he sings now. It may annoy some people, I get that. But I can live with the fact that it's his way to save his voice. He's not a youngster anymore. There are performances where he prooves that he can sing differently if he wants, like on the masterpiece 'Alter Bridge live at Royal Albert Hall ft. Parallax Orchestra':

And to those who bitch about his presence, jest take a look at 3:00. Plus SMKC is the very first situation when he has to be a frontman that cannot hide behind the guitar. Citizen Swing, Mayfield Four, Alter Bridge - he was always both singing and playing at the same time. And he had to do that still standing.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 3

For better or worse, you gotta admire that Slash has had a very active and productive music career. 

Guns, Snakepit, Blues Ball, VR, SMKC. Not to mention the numerous collaborations with other artists, being the face of guitar hero 3 etc. 

He's toured the world many times over and puts in the hard work by doing the media rounds, releasing singles.

I just wish some of that would rub off on Axl 😂

I mean, 6 albums since NuGuns played their first show.

15 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Apparently "My Antidote" is now avaliable on Spotify, Apple Music and iTunes. But for some reason I can't find it, atleast in the Argentinian version. Maybe a timezone issue

Not on US Spotify either. Most likely a timezone thing