Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

7 hours ago, Lio said:

Thank you. Why oh why doesn't Myles sing more with that voice he has from 2'06? I like that a LOT better than his usual voice on Slash songs that always sounds the same and makes any song sound the same. (Well, not any, but many.)

That's what I said. Nit even Myles voice is better, the whole song would be more interesting when it has been written in that tempo and in this style

https://wallofsoundau.com/2018/09/17/slash-ft-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-living-the-dream-album-review/

Another review. Not what I was hoping for. 

Also, just heard the snippet for "My Antidote". I'm just not sure about the sound on this album. The guitar sounds kind of fake. Obviously this has to do with Slashs different approach of recording this album digitally.

3 hours ago, skik08 said:

https://wallofsoundau.com/2018/09/17/slash-ft-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-living-the-dream-album-review/

Another review. Not what I was hoping for. 

Also, just heard the snippet for "My Antidote". I'm just not sure about the sound on this album. The guitar sounds kind of fake. Obviously this has to do with Slashs different approach of recording this album digitally.

I agree it doesnt sound as good tone wise/production wise. I don't think it has anything to do with pro tools, hes still using amps and stuff. It almost sounds like hes using single could on sone songs or something

Call of the Wild is better than Driving Rain and Mind Your Manners, but its still pretty underwhelming for me

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

My Andidote is my fav so far -was Call of the Wild but havent heard that 1 in a while, THE OUTRO SOLO on SCOM after the song ends where Slash goes off for a couple minutes ON THE GNR TOUR  , you get to hear some of the licks on this one -LOVE IT , lyrics are great , the music composition is terrific, The Tribal beats by BRENT ALONG WITH SLASH TO START THE RIFF  IS KILLER , OOH-OOH-OOH- "i guess ive been defined by my  condition "I guess I ve been defined by what they want" "though this song is my Salvation  its the beast I cant control"

I keep wishing MYLES WOULD FUCKING SCREAM like AXL during the chorus instead of being so clean with his voice but that a MYLES THING, WAH WAH solo is great , the tone is magic , the wah the whole song is great , 

HAS SLASH Gotten  BETTER ON GUITAR ?  HELL yes  and does with this solo , SO FAR , SO GOOD , Just Wish I could hear some more anger from MYLES, but that isnt his thing , MYLES is great , but the band is out of this world GREAT 

Edited by TMAC20

31 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The opening melody in the chorus of My Antidote is identical to the chorus of Wicked Stone. They keep repeating themselves with these new songs. If you haven't got something fresh and new to offer than you shouldn't bother, imo.

Completely disagree. That's how you end up like GNR, constantly touring the same songs for 20 years. Over analyzing and thinkering with music that was finished years ago. 

Musicians should always look to release music. Not all of it will be grade A material, but at least youll have a lot of good songs. 

You or even I might not enjoy these songs, but millions of people probably will... And that's better than doing nothing.

• Like 2

I give Slash a ton of credit for consitently releasing new material, even if it isnt all stellar. I would much rather Axl have this problem, too. Unfortunatly this is shaping up to be an underwhelming album. Can't place my finger on quite what seems off. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1