Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

37 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Sounds like a bunch of Slash songs merged together. 

Solo sounds a bit like Ghost.

I hear wicked stone in the intro. 

The bridge is standing in the sun. 

Also... Bad Rain... Driving Rain. 

Not a bad song but I hope there is better on the album. Much better. 

If not, maybe Slash will need a new project to get inspired again. Or make an album with Axl 😀 New project would probably be easier. 

The problem with Myles is that he seems like a nice, happy guy. Troubled singers tend to write darker, deeper, more dangerous lyrics.

Those singers are often the hard work that Slash wants to avoid though. 

Myles has written of the darkest lyrics I've ever heard e.g. Show Me A Sign and much of AB III overall. If this music he made with Slashs called for it he would do it. He did with The Unholy because it fit

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Great song, good melodies, nice solo (not Epic, but good).

I can't wait for the whole album!

I can't avoid but I always imagine Axl's voice on every Slash song (Snakepit, VR, SMKC), and this one would sound powerfull on his old rasp voice for sure.

By the way, I hope yo see Slash in Spain for this album tour!

Edited by pentatonicamenor

2 minutes ago, pentatonicamenor said:

Great song, good melodies, nice solo (not Epic, but good).

I can't wait for the whole album!

I can't avoid but I always imagine Axl's voice on every Slash song (Snakepit, VR, SMKC), and this one would sound powerfull on his old rasp voice for sure.

By the way, I hope yo see Slash in Spain for this album tour!

have you ever seen gotten in the rye?

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Standing in The Sun, first verse:

You're the dark to light
You're never satisfied
You only know the things that will fail to be a pessimistic one

Driving Rain, bridge:

She's the dark to light
She's never satisfied
She always seems to find the reason to hope that I'll come back tonight

I love how they did this! 

If anything, this just reinforces the unambitious quality of the song. I mean, Slash's performance is nice, but the song is generic, Myles is boring, and the lyrics are uninspired and lazy. 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Myles has a lot of dark, deep and dangerous lyrics with Alter Bridge. I think that's just not something this whole project is aiming for

Correct.  Show Me A Sign, Lover, Fortress, etc.  I know not a lot of people would want to say it here, but with Slash's mentality to get whatever out of his mind in terms of songwriting ideas, I feel that he doesn't inspire the most amazing stuff at times and it's hard to play off of that well.  That's just how I feel at times with this solo band and this band can hit gold.

Edited by Anguyen92

I like Slash's riff, it's cool. other than that, this tune is terrible. so uninspired and generic. Myles's vocals and lyrics are boring as fuck. hopefully this single doesn't reflect the entire album.

Slash's solo here is weak and boring. same song structure as most of their tunes. not going to listen to it again probably.

• Like 1

I was gonna cop tickets for Slash's show in New Buffalo, MI since I don't see a Chicago show yet. Tickets are around $80 before fees. Yikes. That's steep. Last time I saw Slash at Concord in Chicago, I think tickets were around $30. And before that, Ribfest in Naperville for like $15. But that was subsidized by Naperville, I'm sure.

Anyway, I'll probably still go to Slash's show in New Buffalo. I am holding out though hoping for better seats. The tickets left are too far back for my tastes, especially considering the price tag.

I love that Ticketmaster advertises hotel packages for $70 that includes the ticket and the new record. I was like, "Wow, that is SO cheap." Then when you add to cart, it lists $70 along with over $300 in "fees." HAHA, man, gotta love false advertisement.

People always expecting Slash to recreate something that is like GNR or Snakepit 1. Remember Axl created Chinese Democracy which was a massive let down. Stop having unrealistic expectations as you will have a life of letdown. "You're a lie" was a single for Apocalyptic love yet we got tracks like "Anastasia" and "Not for me". Just look at the positive. Another tour from Slash to give the world an opportunity to witness the legend. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I was gonna cop tickets for Slash's show in New Buffalo, MI since I don't see a Chicago show yet. Tickets are around $80 before fees. Yikes. That's steep. Last time I saw Slash at Concord in Chicago, I think tickets were around $30. And before that, Ribfest in Naperville for like $15. But that was subsidized by Naperville, I'm sure.

Anyway, I'll probably still go to Slash's show in New Buffalo. I am holding out though hoping for better seats. The tickets left are too far back for my tastes, especially considering the price tag.

I love that Ticketmaster advertises hotel packages for $70 that includes the ticket and the new record. I was like, "Wow, that is SO cheap." Then when you add to cart, it lists $70 along with over $300 in "fees." HAHA, man, gotta love false advertisement.

They were $43 plus fees ($55 total) here in Boston.

• Like 1

So the next time we hear an Axl + Slash (and Duff) studio album is gonna be when they're in their 60's? 30 years after UYI's...for shit like this?

So much wasted time over the years and now we're basically guaranteed there will be more. GnR is probably the biggest "what could have been" let down ever.

#negativenancy
#debbiedowner
#genericrocksongs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I was considering that one too but I'll probably wait for a closer date. Ive seen SMKC a lot so its whatever either way for me. New Buffalo is a nice town from what I remember. On the water

The verse riff is very cool. Chorus is ok, maybe a tad obvious. Solo is blah, it doesn't go anywhere. I'd say it's not going to be the strongest song on the album... Well I hope not😀 not bad / not great

Might be a grower, or work better in the context of the whole record listening from start to finish.