Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

9 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I couldn't care less, I just read that interview to maybe read "Oh and in October I'll be going to the studio with Axl and Duff!"

But he seems to be really busy with SMKC so, I guess not.

Same , very sad 😳

People don't get that regardless of what Slash does with the Conspirators it doesn't effect his work with Guns. If they decide to make a new record, Slash is on board and will find the time. Sadly it's not up to him so we get what we have. New SMKC music.

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

A natural progression of World On Fire... 

Yeah... more like World On Fire leftovers! 

That's your conclusion after one song out of 12? 

• Like 2

I've been a fan on Guns n' Roses since 1991, seen 'em live in my hometown of Helsinki Finland in 2006 and 2010 and last monday traveled to Tallinn to see 'em live for the first time with Slash and Duff back on board and my mind was just blown and I was in tears on several occasions during the show. That being said, I'm looking forward to a new SMKC album too. Sure, a new GNR album would be a dream come true, but Axl either hasn't got the desire to make one, or is simply too much of a perfectionist. Remember, since 1993 Slash released a total of seven albums with different bands, whereas Axl has only released one, which took 15 years to make and is ten years old already. Slash seems to really have found a good chemistry with Myles and the Conspirators and even though their music ain't exactly GNR, it's still good old fashioned rock n' roll, which I love. If Slash comes to Finland while touring this album, I'll definitely be there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

Do you think it's generic radio rock because of Myles or because of Slash?

I dont like Myles voice at all, but this just doesnt sound special or exciting at all. You can turn on a rock station and hear songs like this from a large group of bands that wont be heard from in a few years. It's just blah to me.

• Like 2

First listen. Bridge right after second chorus sounds just like Standing In The Sun. Hell it even has the same lyrics for the first 2 lines. "She's the dark to light, never satisfied." 

That said, I'm a huge fan of this band. This song isn't reinventing the wheel or anything but it's solid. I like it. World On Fire is one of my favourite albums of the past 5 years so if this new one is in the same vain I feel I'm gunna enjoy it a lot. 

1 hour ago, Ninjapie24 said:

It won’t let me play it on Spotify anymore. That pisses me off because I despise Spotify, but I only downloaded it last night for the new song. I want it to be on iTunes so I can pre order the album.

It completely disappeared off Spotify for me. Maybe they botched the release?

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

The Song is very Commercial . THE RIFF is crazy , Drumming , bass , ripping , dont like the very soft chorus Myles does with this one and Slashs solo has to be longer , its a radio hit , the singles of SMKC are never the best songs on the album , it isnt a bad song at all , for a radio hit , its pretty damn good, im on my  10th listen and its growing on me , Afrer reading the interviews cant wait to hear the rest of the songs and riffs 

• Like 3

For those who havent heard the new single it takes a few listens , here is my take , heavy ass riff and drums , Todd and Frank are killer too , Myles sings great , basically this song is a ballad with a bad riff and groove , so if you listen to it , remember this is a ballad that has a fucking ripping riff , cant wait to hear Call of the Wild and all of the other heavy rock songs , gonna be a EPIC Album , Read between the lines is crushing  and Mind your Manners is pure bad ass , u will all love it , ONLY 3 I have heard so far , bad ass riffery all around 

• Like 1