Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

It is a decent album but I do think he has gone backwards a bit following World On Fire. He has basically made a ''safe'' album. There is nothing disagreeable about any of the songs here, but there is nothing really very good about any of them either, excepting Slash's overall guitar work. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Aside from Myles's boring ass verses that song could be money.. Loved the 2 minute burning guitar outro.

Actually I like the verses but the chorus brings it down for me. This track is a straight up 70s rock song but Myles' melody on the chorus just isn't. It doesn't fit at all. But than again I like him on the outro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is a decent album but I do think he has gone backwards a bit following World On Fire. He has basically made a ''safe'' album. There is nothing disagreeable about any of the songs here, but there is nothing really very good about any of them either, excepting Slash's overall guitar work. 

That was one of the first things I was thinking of when I was listen too My Antidote. It's the same melody as WS.

And I agree with Slash's guitar work. It's awesome.

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Number 7 doesn't sound that bad but holy shit just 19.5k is extremely low.

My mistake. Looked at the wrong chart. That's only album sales. It's 24th with 20.5k sales plus streaming.

Also yeah. That number is low cause all numbers are low. Number one is 105k and you could be in top 10 with 34k

Having listened to the whole album, I'm pretty bummed that the singles I didn't much care for were actually the best songs on the record. There are flashes of neat riffs or licks, but Myles' lyrics and melodies are tired as can be, to the point where he's blatantly just repeating himself. Over half the songs on the album have melodies and parts straight from previous SMKC songs. Since there's more effort to have big solos, it's a real shame that Slash just doubled whatever boring melody Myles brought, added some noodling between phrases, and called it a day. 

This is what I had feared: A record put out just to keep putting out records without much time or thought put into anything, basically an album version of autopilot from these guys.

• Like 1

I was at the record store the other day and actually had the LP in my hands for a few minutes. I haven't heard any of it yet but was thinking about buying it. I couldn't do it based on cover art alone. That's wildly shallow of me, but holy hell, that's gotta be the ugliest cover art I've seen for any album ever.

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was at the record store the other day and actually had the LP in my hands for a few minutes. I haven't heard any of it yet but was thinking about buying it. I couldn't do it based on cover art alone. That's wildly shallow of me, but holy hell, that's gotta be the ugliest cover art I've seen for any album ever.

Russ, you really should give it a listen. It is the best record they've done, by a country mile. And you know you can trust my taste!! ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's one thing to buy an album or not but I hope you give it a listen. I don't say it's the best SMKC record nor that you'll like it but don't judge it by it's cover. There are a lot of mixed opinions about this record and you should build your own by judging the music. You may be disappointed but there's a chance some of it will surprise you.