Gibson_Guy87

Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

I am now reassessing Apocalyptic Love. It is a fun album. ''Anastasia'' is a thorough masterpiece and ''No More Heroes'' and to a lesser extent ''Standing in the Sun'' are good also. The rest largely comprises of Snakepit style 'fist in the air' rockers. There is nothing offensively bad here, in fact there is a lot to enjoy and Slash is outstanding throughout but I think the band really found their style more with World On Fire

I could have done without Myles' Johnny Rotten impression (''One Last Thrill''). Myles may be many things and I am a fan of his but he is about as punk rock as Duff McKagan in a Gucci store. Also for some reason I always laugh at, ''this is the last time//Oh, oh''. 

• Like 1

I was told by one of the band's members that SMKC started to work on new material already (!). 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I was told by one of the band's members that SMKC started to work on new material already (!). 

I am a bit conflicted by this info.  On the one hand, more music from these guys can only be but a good thing (sure, I didn't like Living the Dream, but these guys are bound to release something new that may interest me).  On the other hand, I need the last quarter of 2019 and the majority of 2020 to be focused on Alter Bridge.  That band is too good to be kept on the sidelines for too long.

At least, I'm going to Alter Bridge's listening party for their 6th album in September.  I'm not willing to spend $250.00 on a lot of things music-related, but I would for this band if something peaks my interest and this album listening party in Orlando does.

Edited by Anguyen92

17 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Yay! SMKC IV and maybe new GnR in the future for us. All the Myles and SMKC haters can suck it.

13 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

On the other hand, I need the last quarter of 2019 and the majority of 2020 to be focused on Alter Bridge.  That band is too good to be kept on the sidelines for too long.

It probably wouldn't be released until after the AB album/tour cycle. Starting to work on new material = jamming on ideas and playing around with stuff. They're not in the studio with Elvis yet.

• Like 1

It makes sense, the last album got started in 2016, they haven't made brand new material in years, it's time for more.

Anyone able to say what time they take the stage at on this tour?? Specifically last night in Manchester