Is There a Chance for Slash/MKC to Open for GN’R?

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He plays guitar all day. 4-5 hours is nothing

Playing guitar all day is one thing, being on stage all day will definitely send you to the ER after a while, even if you're Slash.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, nonok said:

Playing guitar all day is one thing, being on stage all day will definitely send you to the ER after a while, even if you're Slash.

lol..people work in construction for 8-12 hours a day, sometimes in ridiculous environmental circumstances. And that's not even remotely comparable physically speaking with standing for maybe 4 hours, playing guitar. He'd maybe not be able to run around all the time, but he for sure wouldn't "collapse" or be sent to the ER haha.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

With Slash/MKC’s new album, they should tour with GN’R to have a larger exposure!

I bet Slash wont mind doing double duty. That or hire Ashba to play for GN’R while Slash/MKC opens for them.

Not trying to be a jerk, but why would your second suggestion even be a "thing"? Why would you bring up something so blatantly ridiculous as if anyone within GNR would even consider it? Let's have Slash play AT a GNR show but not WITH GNR. And then have Ashba do fill-in duties ... come on, man. COME ON!

As others have already stated, Slash and the Conspirators as a support act for AC/DC makes way more sense and would be awesome. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

lol..people work in construction for 8-12 hours a day, sometimes in ridiculous environmental circumstances. And that's not even remotely comparable physically speaking with standing for maybe 4 hours, playing guitar. He'd maybe not be able to run around all the time, but he for sure wouldn't "collapse" or be sent to the ER haha.

I think you're underestimating standing on a stage with a guitar around your neck for 5 hours when you're in your mid 50s.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think you're underestimating standing on a stage with a guitar around your neck for 5 hours when you're in your mid 50s.

And overestimating standing around doing construction work. In Chicago there's one guy doing work while another three stand around watching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Have you played a 3hr gig? I have and you are tired, I don't run around 80ft stages. Playing another set of 1hr on top of that while my mind would say yes my body would give way. Now, I also set up and down all the gear Amps and PA... But I don't have to travel every day. It's not a good idea for someone hurtling towards 60.

You're underestimating the effort involved. Maybe a few one offs, but not prolonged touring. Zakk Wylde did it with Ozzy but both sets were shorter.

Also, I think Slash prefers smaller venues and knows that he gets enough gnr fans that actually want to hear his solo music. And he's playing solo headline gigs where he sometimes has up to 5-8000 paying to see him. He's doing fine on his own.