Jump to content
ChristmasFnatic

Is There a Chance for Slash/MKC to Open for GN’R?

Recommended Posts

With Slash/MKC’s new album, they should tour with GN’R to have a larger exposure!

I bet Slash wont mind doing double duty. That or hire Ashba to play for GN’R while Slash/MKC opens for them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He plays guitar all day. 4-5 hours is nothing

Playing guitar all day is one thing, being on stage all day will definitely send you to the ER after a while, even if you're Slash.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, nonok said:

Playing guitar all day is one thing, being on stage all day will definitely send you to the ER after a while, even if you're Slash.

lol..people work in construction for 8-12 hours a day, sometimes in ridiculous environmental circumstances. And that's not even remotely comparable physically speaking with standing for maybe 4 hours, playing guitar. He'd maybe not be able to run around all the time, but he for sure wouldn't "collapse" or be sent to the ER haha.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others have said, Slash is already playing 3+ hour sets with no breaks....poor guy would have to get medical treatment for his hands after every show if they did. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

With Slash/MKC’s new album, they should tour with GN’R to have a larger exposure!

I bet Slash wont mind doing double duty. That or hire Ashba to play for GN’R while Slash/MKC opens for them.

Not trying to be a jerk, but why would your second suggestion even be a "thing"? Why would you bring up something so blatantly ridiculous as if anyone within GNR would even consider it? Let's have Slash play AT a GNR show but not WITH GNR. And then have Ashba do fill-in duties ... come on, man. COME ON!

As others have already stated, Slash and the Conspirators as a support act for AC/DC makes way more sense and would be awesome. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

lol..people work in construction for 8-12 hours a day, sometimes in ridiculous environmental circumstances. And that's not even remotely comparable physically speaking with standing for maybe 4 hours, playing guitar. He'd maybe not be able to run around all the time, but he for sure wouldn't "collapse" or be sent to the ER haha.

I think you're underestimating standing on a stage with a guitar around your neck for 5 hours when you're in your mid 50s.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive played 3 hour bar shows here and there WITH a 20 minute break. They are real struggles towards the end. Les pauls are heavy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think you're underestimating standing on a stage with a guitar around your neck for 5 hours when you're in your mid 50s.

And overestimating standing around doing construction work. In Chicago there's one guy doing work while another three stand around watching.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should rather be the opening act for AC/DC. Like Slash's Snakepit back in 2001. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

lol..people work in construction for 8-12 hours a day, sometimes in ridiculous environmental circumstances. And that's not even remotely comparable physically speaking with standing for maybe 4 hours, playing guitar. He'd maybe not be able to run around all the time, but he for sure wouldn't "collapse" or be sent to the ER haha.

Have you played a 3hr gig? I have and you are tired, I don't run around 80ft stages. Playing another set of 1hr on top of that while my mind would say yes my body would give way. Now, I also set up and down all the gear Amps and PA... But I don't have to travel every day. It's not a good idea for someone hurtling towards 60.

You're underestimating the effort involved. Maybe a few one offs, but not prolonged touring. Zakk Wylde did it with Ozzy but both sets were shorter.

Also, I think Slash prefers smaller venues and knows that he gets enough gnr fans that actually want to hear his solo music. And he's playing solo headline gigs where he sometimes has up to 5-8000 paying to see him. He's doing fine on his own.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its probably the only way id ever see myles sing live again... well i might only hear him while im in line getting beer... but short answer is no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

And overestimating standing around doing construction work. In Chicago there's one guy doing work while another three stand around watching.

This is true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×