The future for Guns?

So Slash has confirmed that he'll be touring a lot next year with SMKC. I'm going to guess South America, Australia and then Europe next summer. 

Duff will probably keep busy with other projects. 

Axl might do Axl/DC, although I see nothing to confirm that that is actually happening. Axl might just disappear again. 

So what about Guns? Are they finished? 

When do you think they'll be back? 

Perhaps most importantly, what do they need to do to make this band exciting again? 

In 2018, NITL tour is on its last legs. Axls vocals are not getting better, the band is not getting tighter, Slash looks more and more uninspired. Setlist is more or less the same as 2016. 

Would you be happy if new shows were announced in late 2019 and they blasted through the same set again?

17 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

So Slash has confirmed that he'll be touring a lot next year with SMKC. I'm going to guess South America, Australia and then Europe next summer. 

Duff will probably keep busy with other projects. 

Axl might do Axl/DC, although I see nothing to confirm that that is actually happening. Axl might just disappear again. 

So what about Guns? Are they finished? 

When do you think they'll be back? 

Perhaps most importantly, what do they need to do to make this band exciting again? 

In 2018, NITL tour is on its last legs. Axls vocals are not getting better, the band is not getting tighter, Slash looks more and more uninspired. Setlist is more or less the same as 2016. 

Would you be happy if new shows were announced in late 2019 and they blasted through the same set again?

Angus friend Angry Anderson confirmed that Angus told him in private that Axl in is in the band and he's writing a new album.

I don't think Guns need to do anything to actually be "exciting" to people again. They will sell massive amounts of tickets on nostalgia alone, they're the biggest band in the world again. They will reappear after a while and tour again, with a new album or not and do extremely well. Less successfull bands like Bad Company are doing it for years already, their last album was 1995.

• Like 2

Who knows with this band. Why would they roll out GNAir junk if the tour is winding down meaning no more jet? One could say its because they aren't good at stuff, or it could indicate a lot more touring.

One thing that really stood out to me in the new Slash and Myles interview is how Slash said that SMKC needed to 'finish what they started' with this album cycle. And he said about SMKC 'this bands not done yet.' One way of reading that would be that Slash is looking to slow down his career in the not too distant future? But it could be read other ways too, like they needed to wrap this SMKC thing up in a respectful way before Slash goes full GNR? It also seemed noteworthy that Slash brought SMKC a new riff in January of this year. Not that a riff master like Slash couldnt come up with a million riffs for both bands, but they certainly arent all offered for Guns currently.

Hopefully the band does right by the fans and takes action against the YT strike people.

i heard/read in the past week that slash has done his guitar part for atlas shrugged. that can only be a good sign of new music if true.

only problem is i can't remember where or how credible the info was. anyone else remember this ? could well be nothing more than a load of bull 

26 minutes ago, donny said:

i heard/read in the past week that slash has done his guitar part for atlas shrugged. that can only be a good sign of new music if true.

only problem is i can't remember where or how credible the info was. anyone else remember this ? could well be nothing more than a load of bull 

Zutaut said that before NITL tour got underway. Around that same time both Niven and Vereecke also said that they believed the band, minus Axl, was in the studio. Hard to know what to make of it because they all seemed to be guessing except Zutaut. But he wasnt even working with them at the time...

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, donny said:

I read that in 2016, lol.

1 minute ago, soon said:

Zutaut said that before NITL tour got underway. Around that same time both Niven and Vereecke also said the believed the band, minus Axl, was in the studio. Hard to know why to make of it because they all seemed to be guessing except Zutaut. But he wasnt even working with them at the time...

Better answer ^

1 hour ago, soon said:

Who knows with this band. Why would they roll out GNAir junk if the tour is winding down meaning no more jet? One could say its because they aren't good at stuff, or it could indicate a lot more touring.

One thing that really stood out to me in the new Slash and Myles interview is how Slash said that SMKC needed to 'finish what they started' with this album cycle. And he said about SMKC 'this bands not done yet.' One way of reading that would be that Slash is looking to slow down his career in the not too distant future? But it could be read other ways too, like they needed to wrap this SMKC thing up in a respectful way before Slash goes full GNR? It also seemed noteworthy that Slash brought SMKC a new riff in January of this year. Not that a riff master like Slash couldnt come up with a million riffs for both bands, but they certainly arent all offered for Guns currently.

Hopefully the band does right by the fans and takes action against the YT strike people.

They had a private jet to do the tour anyway. They probably just thought they would milk as much as they can out of something they were already using. They haven't expended a lot of resources on promoting GNAir.

• Like 1

If nothing happens after Slash's tour Im done with this band. lol

Thats the line im crossing, they're certainly not working on anything right now but maybe after Slash's tour they will do something. If nothing happens at that point im pretty sure we'll never get anything aside nostalgia cash grab touring. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

i think guns will tour europe again next sumemr do the metallica thing touring, touring and more touring before maybe writing an album in a few years.

Agreed on the touring. Let’s pray “new music” (if there is any) is already in the can though (e.g. CD2, anything Slash n’ Duff may have brought with them, etc.). If they start writing a new album from scratch in a few years... see you in 2050. Lol.

There is something I always wonder, do you think Slash and Duff are happy to be back at Gn'R again? or they just see it as a job, an easy way to get money? (i mean easier than their other bands) do you think they have talked about releasing new music? are they excited to prove the world that Guns can release great music again? or... they just avoided that kind of conversation because they don't want any dramatic situation as 20 years ago when Gn'R broke up because of their own differences?

I'm a little more optimistic, I do believe there will be new Guns N' Roses music. Can't really imagine Slash and Duff being back in GN'R without wanting to record new material. When that might be is the bigger question.

I also tend to think that when a new Guns N' Roses record does arrive with a supporting tour, it will probably mark the end of the band when it's over.