The future for Guns?

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

AFD5! 

Nothing more, nothing less! 

i have wondered if anything from the AFD5 ever got recorded in 2016. no new material obviously but all 5 where in rehearsals prior to the tour. 

1. where all 5 in rehearsals at the same time ?

2. did any employee at the studio get tempted to push that little "record" button ? 

• Like 2

Future of Guns??? Well, for me Guns are long, long gone, so it doesn't matter... We're always gonna have AfD, Lies and Ritz gig, though...

Future of current incarnation???

- touring

- touring

- break for solo projects

- touring

- moar touring

And lol for people who are hoping for new material... Don't know whats more funny- fact that they think its gonna happen, or fact that they think its gonna be good if it happens.

1 minute ago, acor said:

Future of Guns??? Well, for me Guns are long, long gone, so it doesn't matter... We're always gonna have AfD, Lies and Ritz gig, though...

Future of current incarnation???

- touring

- touring

- break for solo projects

- touring

- moar touring

And lol for people who are hoping for new material... Don't know whats more funny- fact that they think its gonna happen, or fact that they think its gonna be good if it happens.

I don’t think it’s that far fetched? Why do you think there is no chance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donny said:

have wondered if anything from the AFD5 ever got recorded in 2016. no new material obviously but all 5 where in rehearsals prior to the tour. 

1. where all 5 in rehearsals at the same time ?

I don't think so. Steven told a fan that he hasn't seen Izzy in person since 2008.

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

AFD5! 

Nothing more, nothing less! 

There’s nothing I would like to see more than that but I don’t see Axl getting rid of Frank and Richard. I don’t think he wants to work with Steven either.

**Come on idiots! Prove me wrong**

2 minutes ago, It’s So Easy said:

There’s nothing I would like to see more than that but I don’t see Axl getting rid of Frank and Richard. I don’t think he wants to work with Steven either.

**Come on idiots! Prove me wrong**

I'd rather see AFD5 than new music. 

Fuck me right? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think so. Steven told a fan that he hasn't seen Izzy in person since 2008.

really ? i though Izzy walked out at rehearsal stage due to how the money was being split and Steve injured his back in rehearsals.

i thought they would have met and had a jam together in 2016.

1 minute ago, donny said:

really ? i though Izzy walked out at rehearsal stage due to how the money was being split and Steve injured his back in rehearsals.

i thought they would have met and had a jam together in 2016.

There were rumours I think that Izzy had rehearsed with them but it's uncertain if he actually got to the rehearsal stage.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

There were rumours I think that Izzy had rehearsed with them but it's uncertain if he actually got to the rehearsal stage.

i guess thats the life story of GNR. they can all go to the studio as long as its not at the same time :) 

the worlds most dangerous band should have been called the worlds most dysfunctional band.

• Like 1

I guess they needed cash but I think they are too creative for not releasing new music. I think it is easier for Axl to release new music when he has duff and slash, presure wont not only be on him. I think he has realized that it is not so easy to replace duff and slash. But I also think he will release an album with AC/DC. I guess Axl is pretty happy since he got his old band back (Most of it) and he are able to release an album with his idols AC/DC. He has a chance of making a even bigger impact in the history of rock music. Not taking this chance seems unlogical.

• Like 1

Who knows? 

They're still touring the world. 

I think in the beginning of NITL, the guys were taking a slow "let's see how it goes approach." They booked a few shows (mainly Coachella) and waited to see how they'd  go and how it would be relieved. It was a smashing success obviously and I'm assuming they all got along so well they went ahead with plans for the first stadium leg. Then it snowballed from there and they kept touring. 

The AC/DC stuff was an opportunity of a lifetime for Axl, who said he'd always been a big fan. So that did and probably will continue to slow progress on the GNR front. But it also allowed Slash to finally get back to Conspirators, which was put on ice in 2016. 

I'm excited they're all out there playing shows. Can't wait to finally get new music too. 

In retrospect I'm glad we didn't get a CD follow-up in the Ashba/Bumble lineup cause they both suck. I prefer hearing Slash and Duff on a new record or Bucket and Finck. 

Edited by GnR Chris

Axl will go into hiding again. Slash and Duff will do their solo stuff, the other four will cease to be relevant. They’ll keep adding on legs until they either can’t sell or get bored of the Guns thing, in that case they take a year or two off and come back. There will be no new music.

• Like 4