The future for Guns?

9 hours ago, downzy said:

I've heard there's a lot of activity below the surface.  I don't expect Guns to be done anytime soon, even if there's periods where the public doesn't seem much happening.  

This is good to hear 

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Angus friend Angry Anderson confirmed that Angus told him in private that Axl in is in the band and he's writing a new album.

I don't think Guns need to do anything to actually be "exciting" to people again. They will sell massive amounts of tickets on nostalgia alone, they're the biggest band in the world again. They will reappear after a while and tour again, with a new album or not and do extremely well. Less successfull bands like Bad Company are doing it for years already, their last album was 1995.

gna. not exciting since 1992.

Its pretty much a tossup. I firmly believe Slash will continue with his solo career as well as Duff will have plenty of side projects to do. Axl will either go into hiding or continue doing work with ACDC. I wish for new music just like everyone else from Guns, but I just don't see it happening. If they decide to do another leg of the tour down the road, it will be business as usual with a sprinkle of cover songs thrown in. Time will only tell, I will say I'm dying to hear some studio vocals from Axl again, rather if it be from Guns or ACDC. 

8 hours ago, calle_st said:

I guess they needed cash but I think they are too creative for not releasing new music. I think it is easier for Axl to release new music when he has duff and slash, presure wont not only be on him. I think he has realized that it is not so easy to replace duff and slash. But I also think he will release an album with AC/DC. I guess Axl is pretty happy since he got his old band back (Most of it) and he are able to release an album with his idols AC/DC. He has a chance of making a even bigger impact in the history of rock music. Not taking this chance seems unlogical.

What "impact"???  His two bands are glorified coverbands for nostalgia people... Only "impact" he's gonna make is an impact on his bank account...

Maybe I am giving my mind a treat but, Zeppelin apart I don’t see ANY other band that would cause major excitement over a new album.

Music scene needs a boost and I reckon the clamour/PR/campaign for a new album would be something in today’s environment.

1 hour ago, acor said:

What "impact"???  His two bands are glorified coverbands for nostalgia people... Only "impact" he's gonna make is an impact on his bank account...

Such a typical no nothing comment. Both bands are huge, and with a record of ACDC music with Axl that would cause a stir. Media would definitely cover it because 1) it's ACDC 2) There was controversy over Brian's exit. As for guns the last recorded original music with Slash and Axl and Duff together was 1991 I'd you don't think that makes a splash you're diluded. Whether either record are fantastic records who knows, but very doubtful either will please everyone, we know that already.

Also, when 3 out of 5 of the guys that wrote the classic album are in the band it's a stretch to call it a cover band.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Such a typical no nothing comment. Both bands are huge, and with a record of ACDC music with Axl that would cause a stir. Media would definitely cover it because 1) it's ACDC 2) There was controversy over Brian's exit. As for guns the last recorded original music with Slash and Axl and Duff together was 1991 I'd you don't think that makes a splash you're diluded. Whether either record are fantastic records who knows, but very doubtful either will please everyone, we know that already.

Also, when 3 out of 5 of the guys that wrote the classic album are in the band it's a stretch to call it a cover band.

"Brands" are huge, bands are not... Where was the last time either "band" recorded anything noteworthy??? Legacies of both GnR ad ACDC are already established, any "new" albums would only serve as a reason to go on tour to "promote" said album. Sure, it would be a huge news, after all its "ACDC" and "Guns n Roses" (both without most talented member of each band, but general public will not know it), but after short time hype is gone, everyone forgets it... If you disagree, please answer- who was the last "classic rock act" that recorded great record??? And question number two- who was the last "classic rock act" that recorded great record without their arguably most creative member??? Because its where GnR and ACDC are now...

At least one of three things will need to happen for them to be able to continue operating at this level beyond 2018 and they’re all obvious. 1. New material and a revised set list. 2. AFD5 line-up. 3. Axl makes a miraculous return to raspy live form in his late 50s.

If there’s no intention to release new music, you’d hope the three of them have made enough money over the last two years to share some equally with Izzy and close the book properly in 2019/2020.

The 4th option is to carry on doing this with diminishing returns until they’re back where Axl was in 2014, which would be incredibly sad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's my prediction and I will be absolutely shocked if anything besides this happens:

Slash will do a solo tour this fall and spring, which I won't care about.

Axl will probably do the AC/DC album and tour next year, which I won't care about.

Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Melissa & Frank will probably do a TON of things, which I won't care about.

In 2019, GN'R will regroup to tour in whatever capacity the interest level will support.  If there's enough interest, they'll do stadiums again. If there's not, they'll do arenas. If there's not enough interest to support that, they'll charge more and do theaters. None of which I will care about. 

God damn, pal. 

Axl/DC is a lock but when that band/Angus tours they go LONG. It would put Guns touring back way into 2020 at the earliest. 

Also, I just absolutely cannot see Axl maintaining the vocal level he did for them in 2016 for 12-18 months of shows when he was already struggling by the end of the short stint he had with them. And if by some arcane magic he did pull that off then what would he have left for Guns? We'd be pining for 2018 quality vocals. 

Edited by Jordan Rose

1 hour ago, acor said:

"Brands" are huge, bands are not... Where was the last time either "band" recorded anything noteworthy??? Legacies of both GnR ad ACDC are already established, any "new" albums would only serve as a reason to go on tour to "promote" said album. Sure, it would be a huge news, after all its "ACDC" and "Guns n Roses" (both without most talented member of each band, but general public will not know it), but after short time hype is gone, everyone forgets it... If you disagree, please answer- who was the last "classic rock act" that recorded great record??? And question number two- who was the last "classic rock act" that recorded great record without their arguably most creative member??? Because its where GnR and ACDC are now...

I'm sure you were beating the drum for Malcolm, Phil and Brian for years... Definitey not bandwagon jumping 😉

When was the last time a classic band released a good record? Well Black ice is as good as any ACDC album since back in black. Also A different kind of truth is a great rock record... It just didn't gain any traction because radio refuses to play older bands new music.

Most talented member. I'd love to know how you come up with this. A band is a combination of people coming together... It's rarely the input of one person. It wasn't that way with GNR or ACDC. Izzy and Malcolm we're key ingredients, but not the only Key ingredients and that's not trying to finish eithers obvious value / legacy of.

I'm not arguing that a new gnr, or ACDC will blow up and be huge and they'll each have 10 hit singles but in today's industry they'll be big records. Also, any new records from either band are for existing fans, they aren't trying to broaden the net at this point they are just maintaining what they already have... And yes, it's a reason to go back out on the road.... It's no different than it has ever been. Maybe your problem is the business? I'm not really sure what your point is though.

Edited by Tom2112
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, acor said:

I said that he has the chance of making a bigger impact. I agree he aint doing that now. Imagine if he relases a new album with both AC/DC and Gnr. Of course must they be great for making an impact in the history but not even trying seems stupid. 

5 minutes ago, calle_st said:

I said that he has the chance of making a bigger impact. I agree he aint doing that now. Imagine if he relases a new album with both AC/DC and Gnr. Of course must they be great for making an impact in the history but not even trying seems stupid. 

An ACDC album with Axl on vocals will go down in history anyway no matter how good it is. Not many singers fronted 2 of the biggest rock bands in the world, and at the same time.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

An ACDC album with Axl on vocals will go down in history anyway no matter how good it is. Not many singers fronted 2 of the biggest rock bands in the world, and at the same time.

Perhaps it doesnt even have to be great, anyway I think Axl will release an album with both AC/DC and GNR and perhaps even go on a joint tour. They are playing for almost 4 h now so they could have a tour with 2h AC/DC and 2h GNR. The tickets would probably cost a little bit 😀

34 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'm sure you were beating the drum for Malcolm, Phil and Brian for years... Definitey not bandwagon jumping 😉

When was the last time a classic band released a good record? Well Black ice is as good as any ACDC album since back in black. Also A different kind of truth is a great rock record... It just didn't gain any traction because radio refuses to play older bands new music.

Most talented member. I'd love to know how you come up with this. A band is a combination of people coming together... It's rarely the input of one person. It wasn't that way with GNR or ACDC. Izzy and Malcolm we're key ingredients, but not the only Key ingredients and that's not trying to finish eithers obvious value / legacy of.

I'm not arguing that a new gnr, or ACDC will blow up and be huge and they'll each have 10 hit singles but in today's industry they'll be big records. Also, any new records from either band are for existing fans, they aren't trying to broaden the net at this point they are just maintaining what they already have... And yes, it's a reason to go back out on the road.... It's no different than it has ever been. Maybe your problem is the business? I'm not really sure what your point is though.

34 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Bang on the money. I really do think a new GNR album would be an event if marketed properly - look at the buzz AFD Deluxe got.

Also re Izzy - it’s strange how his solo stuff really doesn’t resonate at all with me. I think it’s a clear case of when he was in the band working with the others it just worked. Same goes for the others - separately they are fine but together they are better.

Guns will continue to flog the remastered AFD and belt buckle set for a reduced price of $800. 

Duff will expand his punk as fuck range with some very punk political slogans t shirts, whilst promoting the pink slips at any given opportunity. 

Slash will do Myles Kennedy shows in halls again to 3000 people (if he’s lucky) 

axl will disappear till he pops up with Angus 

steven will confine to beg for AFD 

izzy elll be riding his moto somewhere 

2020 NITL resumes in far Eastern Europe 

Edited by Tadsy
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

One last thought, 

there will always be interest in going to a gnr show whilst the big 3 are there. 

However, to think that could go on forever is definitely taking things for granted. 

I consider myself in the top 5% of hardcore gnr fans just like everyone else here, and I have gone from logging in and sticking around daily, to only coming once a week... 

fans WILL lose interest unless these guys change it up, and basic set list changes aren’t going to do it, 

they need to do an interview for starters, get some interest back and generate some excitement, AFD remastered was just a money spinner, they need to talk and they need new music. 

It wont happen, even tough I do check back once a week on the off chance it has happened and I missed it 😂

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

The joint tour thing is very interesting. They could charge insane money. One and a half to three quarter hour set with each. Man, imagine if they both put out new records too. Biggest tour ever. 

It would also band where both of the bands of a co-headliner tour are having the same singer, wouldn't it?

Just imagine such a tour.

GN'R:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Better

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Rocket Queen

Shadow Of Your Love

You Could Be Mine

Attiude

This I Love

Coma

Slash Guitar Solo

November Rain

Knockin' on Heavens Door

Nightrain

Madagscar

Patience

Paradise City

(based on the NITL setlists)

AC/DC Setlist'

*New Song*

Shoot To Thrill

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

*New Song*

Rock 'n' Roll Damnation

Thunderstruck

High Voltage

Hells Bells

Live Wire

Sin City

You Shook Me All Night Long

Shot Down In Flames

T.N.T.

Whole Lotta Rosie

Let There Be Rock

Highway To Hell

Riff Raff

For Those About To Rock - We Salute You

(based on the RoB setlists)

Edited by Sosso

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It would also band where both of the bands of a co-headliner tour are having the same singer, wouldn't it?

GN'R:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Better

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Rocket Queen

Shadow Of Your Love

You Could Be Mine

Attiude

This I Love

Coma

Slash Guitar Solo

November Rain

Knockin' on Heavens Door

Nightrain

Madagscar

Patience

Paradise City

(based on the NITL setlists)

AC/DC Setlist'

*New Song*

Shoot To Thrill

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

*New Song*

Rock 'n' Roll Damnation

Thunderstruck

High Voltage

Hells Bells

Live Wire

Sin City

You Shook Me All Night Long

Shot Down In Flames

T.N.T.

Whole Lotta Rosie

Let There Be Rock

Highway To Hell

Riff Raff

For Those About To Rock - We Salute You

(based on the RoB setlists)

No way is Axl pulling all that off in one night, although I'd love to see it

Edited by Caedo

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

GN'R:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Better

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Rocket Queen

Shadow Of Your Love