DANNY VAUGHN shares GN'R CIRCA 1990 story: "We hear shouting, stuff being thrown around and smashed. Slash comes out and says: 'I fucking hate when he comes to the studio'"

ludurigan

35576176_2323448394548865_28339209592226

On a recent interview for Totally Driven Entertainment, Tyketto frontman Danny Vaughn recalled his experience regarding a fight between Axl Rose and Slash of Guns N’ Roses that took place while he was recording with YES in the early '90s

CC: Any other interesting tidbits or funny stories you could share about the whole experience? 

DV: Oh absolutely! But my best one isn’t actually about Yes. Jonathan, Brian and I were taking a break in the studio lounge and I was looking out the window when a BMW convertible pulled up in front. The back seat was loaded down with gold and platinum framed discs. The driver, in spandex bike shorts, t-shirt and do rag, hopped out and gathered them up in his arms and marched into studio A. It was Axl Rose. GnR were working on one of the “Use Your Illusion” albums at the time. About 10 minutes later, still sitting in the lounge having coffee, we hear this massive ruckus coming from studio A. Shouting, stuff being thrown around and smashed, all kinds of noise. A few minutes later Slash comes storming out of the studio and plops himself down in the sofa seat next to me. Nobody says a word for a while. Then, quietly, he says to us, “I fucking hate when he comes to the studio”.

e5kOWMb.jpg

sources:

http://totallydriven.tv/danny-vaughn-a-peek-into-the-making-of-the-yes-album-union/

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tyketto-guns-n-roses-fight/

tumblr_o1k3k3bkw71uw2kreo9_r1_500.jpg

Edited by ludurigan
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

A few minutes later Slash comes storming out of the studio and plops himself down in the sofa seat next to me. Nobody says a word for a while. Then, quietly, he says to us, “I fucking hate when he comes to the studio”.

I tought they began to split up in 1993....

53 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Man that first pic reminded me how hot Axl used to look. So used to picturing the 2016-present version of him whenever he comes to mind.

on topic: yeah, 90s Axl was such an asshole. No wonder the band imploded so fast back in the day.

It's funny isn't it, Izzy once explained the first time he ever saw Axl he was being chased down the school hall by teachers and he thought to himself " he'd make a great singer"...the  ol saying "careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

Of course Axls volatile nature gave the music alot of it's edge but brought alot baggage with it.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh so only people who have the same level of fame of Axl Rose can talk about Axl Rose and not being accused of "trying to get attention"? is that it? you really think that a person who shares a GNR story is "out to get attention"? so people who didnt make it big in the industry cant share their war stories?

Yeah because why else would the singer of Tyketto be relevant in 2018 when they were a D-level hair band in 1991 when their album Don’t Come Easy came out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattleyCrue said:

Yeah because why else would the singer of Tyketto be relevant in 2018 when they were a D-level hair band in 1991 when their album Don’t Come Easy came out!

So which band exactly is allowed to speak about their/its experience with GNR members? I mean - Jimmy Ahhurst talked about GNR couple times recently (not only about Ju Ju Hounds, but also the old club days) - so is he an attention freak?

12 hours ago, MattleyCrue said:

oh thanks for clarifying that in your world everyone that shares a story about guns n roses is an attention whore

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

The guy was asked for a funny story, and he had one. That's it! I have a funny story for you, also! In 1992, GNR came to Brazil and I was a little kid back then, a prototype of a fan. I was in McDonald's with my mom, and it was past midnight (she took me there when she came home late from work). Sooooooo, I see a couple of guys in the parking lot, next to a van, and one of the guys was all hair (LOL), and smoking, with cowboy boots and all. I though: "WOW, he looks like that guy, from that band, with the top hat." We could barely see his face.

So I didn't care that much at the time. But years later I remebered that same story and told a friend about seeing Slash in front of me in a parking lot of a McDonald's, and guess what? It wasn't Slash, it was a Brazilian guy from a cover band and he still goes to the same McDonald's, with the same clothes ans still smoking his cigarettes.

Here's my funny attention freak story to you. LOLOLOLOL

You are an attention seeker, how dare you tell about the fake Slash! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Man that first pic reminded me how hot Axl used to look. So used to picturing the 2016-present version of him whenever he comes to mind.

on topic: yeah, 90s Axl was such an asshole. No wonder the band imploded so fast back in the day.

He was hot then. He is still hot in 2018:wub:

• Like 1