Sign the Petition "Izzy Stradlin: Play us one concert"

I actually signed it :lol: just for the hell of it. Axl makes the decisions, so until they make up/come to a monetary agreement, this is for nothing :lol:

I would like to see him do a show with Gn’r or solo, but it is up to him. He probably likes kicking back and not worrying about any drama. This at least let’s him know that people really are interested.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I actually signed it :lol: just for the hell of it. Axl makes the decisions, so until they make up/come to a monetary agreement, this is for nothing :lol:

Thanks for signing. :lol:

I think the concert could also be just Izzy’s solo stuff from his last 11 albums. Actually, I’d prefer that. Whatever he’s up to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so when was the last time Izzy did some shows? not counting the guest appearances with GNR, VR/The Project and others? setlist.fm only lists the Ju Ju Hounds tour 1992-93 and one lonely show in 2000, which seem a bit too little to me.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

No offense but these petitions are completely useless. You can have a billion people sign it and at the end of the day it still comes down to Axl, Team Brazil, and Izzy’s wishes.

Speaking for GnR, yes. But Izzy has got quite a bunch of solo albums. I understood the petition to go for that. Also, as I said, Izzy did react to a fans petition before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand it and everything, but... I mean, why? Do you think Steven A. would be there too? Because if he wasn’t, then it would be pretty much the same like we’ve had before – there’s that another guy, but it’s still not the entire original AFD ...and whatever the hell. It’s not gonna happen, let’s deal with that. I mean, if they wanted to do that, they would have done that in 2017, which was the anniversary year, right? I mean there was an opportunity etc. 
Sorry, not a native speaker & drunk – what an awesome combination...

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I understand it and everything, but... I mean, why? Do you think Steven A. would be there too? Because if he wasn’t, then it would be pretty much the same like we’ve had before – there’s that another guy, but it’s still not the entire original AFD ...and whatever the hell. It’s not gonna happen, let’s deal with that. I mean, if they wanted to do that, they would have done that in 2017, which was the anniversary year, right? I mean there was an opportunity etc. 
Sorry, not a native speaker & drunk – what an awesome combination...

Cheers mate. :lol:

It’s not about GnR, it’s about Izzy’s music. Just saying... 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, username said:

This. I'd much rather see and Izzy solo concert than him showing up at a GnR gig. Something like a small European tour? Paradiso, Amsterdam maybe? ;) 

.... Or he could tour Ontario, Canada. The autumn is beautiful here. Hopefully he'll do a world tour. But if Izzy had to choose, Ontario is probably the best option :P

42 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Dude's got a fucking avocado farm in sunny weather and money comes in all day from songs he wrote 30 years ago.

I doubt anyone can petition him to perform anywhere unless he fucking feels like it.

And he hasn’t shown any interest in nearly 20 yrs to do so. Who’s gonna pay him 5 figs to play a small club? That’s outside of putting together/paying a band and the time/energy needed to rehearse with them.

Gonna take some action to sway him away from what he wants to do.  

The dude doesn’t like to play live , has a history of it, the one and only reunion with gnr, he expressed interest in and practic d for, and they couldn’t come to an agreement , All that goddamned Money and they couldn’t make him happy, ( it’s never gonna happen)

1 minute ago, tony adler said:

The dude doesn’t like to play live , has a history of it, the one and only reunion with gnr, he expressed interest in and practic d for, and they couldn’t come to an agreement , All that goddamned Money and they couldn’t make him happy, ( it’s never gonna happen)

Him being one of the main songwriters of the classic catalogue, I doubt money is an actual issue for Izzy. He probably just wants fairness. I wonder what was agreed on for the CD tour appereances and how that came about. So glad I got to see him perform with Axl back then at least once. To me Axl/Izzy is much more important than Axl/Slash but I understand I'm probably in the minority about that.