Sign the Petition "Izzy Stradlin: Play us one concert"

On 27/07/2018 at 8:41 PM, Ant said:

If he even just posted acoustic versions of his songs on Youtube that'd be major fanservice! Dust N' Bones acoustic! 

oh fuck this is a fantastic idea... lets say izzy would upload acoustic renditions of songs that he likes, one song every 15 days... he has over 100 solo songs to pick from, plus GNR songs that he wrote or co-wrote, songs from other people...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Creed said:

Its still useless when Frank, Melissa and 4tus are in....

I wann hear and feel the REAL GnR sound and vibe with Gilby/Izzy/Steven/Matt.

TBH, I never understood why people would want Gilby... Is TSI their favourite GnR album??? Nostalgic much about 1992 tour??? Or maybe about early 90s musical videos??? Matt played on UYI, so I understand, but Gilby, in my book, was same hired hand as the current guitarist who fills for Izzy is (Fortus is his name, right???)... Bringing Gilby back wouldn't change nothing to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, acor said:

TBH, I never understood why people would want Gilby... Is TSI their favourite GnR album??? Nostalgic much about 1992 tour??? Or maybe about early 90s musical videos??? Matt played on UYI, so I understand, but Gilby, in my book, was same hired hand as the current guitarist who fills for Izzy is (Fortus is his name, right???)... Bringing Gilby back wouldn't change nothing to me.

Gilby has a very non-forward way of playing, at least when he was with GNR.  He did the Izzy role probably as close as anyone could without actually being Izzy himself, just laying back and doing the scratch rhythm stuff.   Fortus is a lot more forward, from taking solos in songs here and there, to even adding his own stuff like doubling the guitar fills on the second half of Rocket Queen an octave down, he sounds like a lead player that is hired to play rhythm guitar. 

I love both of them and their work in GNR, but for me I think Gilby's style fits the old material more at least for my own tastes

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 7/27/2018 at 4:14 PM, TheGeneral said:

Somebody should do one for Axl to release new music.

Continually whining about it surely has made an impact, hasn't it?

Some people are so damned narcissistic. Thinking that the artist should do what they want them to do. At all times. If the guy doesn't want to create and/or release new music, it's his prerogative. Get over it. If it bothers you that damn much, you can always become a fan of some other artist that does exactly what you think that they should do. Save yourself the constant disappointment.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So you guys, in case you need some inspiration, @Boogs posted some a ton of fun and cool reasons for signing the petition to Izzy on her twitter. Maybe you guys get inspired, maybe you wanna keep up with the negativity. It’s up to you. :izzy:

Ha ha you’re amazing, Tori! Good work with compiling that list from all those tweets. The dedication, the inspiration, the creativity - something good will come because of this petition. Let’s go crack that 400 signature goal tonight!

On 7/28/2018 at 5:49 PM, tony adler said:

Ancient evil: yes I see you’re point, he almost died from drugs and cleaned himself up and stuck with it, very proud of him for that, he had to put his life first before the band and it must have been hell

On a side note, has anyone been to axl and izzy’s Home town ( Lafayette)? I really want to go and check out that pizza place axl loves

that pizza place will mail their food to you (on dry ice I assume).  I've been meaning to order some stuff from them and haven't got around to it.  

Quick update: we’re on our way to 600 signatures, next stop 1000. Remember it’s just an Izzy concert we’re after, not an AFD5 reunion - no not that.

Even if you’re not a big “Izzy fan”, you remember what it’s like to yearn to see your favourite musicians play live again. Please sign to support. And if you actually are an Izzy fan, just sign and share already. Here’s the link to the #Izzyconcert2018 petition:

http://tinyurl.com/Izzyconcert2018

Edited by Boogs
  • Like 3

good putting petition together.  very cool.  i signed with zero expectations that izzy will do anything or care.  but i also didnt think NITL would happen so i cant wait to be wrong again

do you guys think he wants to be a rockstar any more?  u think he regrets being one at one point in his life?  seems like he doesn't want that life anymore and that's cool.  we all change. 

either way, hope Izzy knows sees the petition and knows he still has a ton of fans that care about him.  hope he feels the same about us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

do you guys think he wants to be a rockstar any more?  u think he regrets being one at one point in his life?  seems like he doesn't want that life anymore and that's cool.  we all change. 

He doesn't seem to want to be a rockstar or deal with all that shit, his voluntary ostracism is proof of that. But he wants to get paid like one of them. :shrugs:

"They didn't want to split the loot equally . Simple as that . Moving right along........"(Izzy Stradlin).

• Like 1

I doubt we will see Izzy.  The current lineup is a compromise made by the main 3 guys.  Axl, Slash, Duff make the big bucks and the other folks get a paycheck.  Less loot for the 3 of them if Izzy is there.  Besides, does Izzy really care to do a world wide tour?  Doubt it.

For now, I will just be glad that I saw GnR with Izzy back in 1991!  Dust N' Bones at the LA Forum, oh yeah.

3 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

I doubt we will see Izzy.  The current lineup is a compromise made by the main 3 guys.  Axl, Slash, Duff make the big bucks and the other folks get a paycheck.  Less loot for the 3 of them if Izzy is there.  Besides, does Izzy really care to do a world wide tour?  Doubt it.

For now, I will just be glad that I saw GnR with Izzy back in 1991!  Dust N' Bones at the LA Forum, oh yeah.

The petition is for an Izzy tour, not GnR ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

If this is for an Izzy tour: I'm in...

If this is for a spot in GNR: Please lord, NO!! I still have respect for the guy because he's avoiding this whole circus.

Well we’re hoping he’s open to doing one show for now (just him and his guitar, on some unfancy stage somewhere), then if it feels good and enough people appreciate it, he might do more, and build it into a tour. 

12 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I’d rather sign a petition for Izzy to play 1, just 1 solo show. I’ve lost the desire to see Izzy with”guns” at this point 

Me too, Top-Hatted One, me too. Seen GNR three times in the space of one year and all it did was feed this craving in me to see Izzy by himself, performing his rare, bare solo music on stage. 

The question is: are there enough people who think like this, and who will sign the petition, even if they think Izzy “just wants to be left alone” (when did he say that anyway!), and impress Izzy enough for him to put on a show for us??