Sign the Petition "Izzy Stradlin: Play us one concert"

On 8/3/2018 at 2:43 AM, Boogs said:

Me too, Top-Hatted One, me too. Seen GNR three times in the space of one year and all it did was feed this craving in me to see Izzy by himself, performing his rare, bare solo music on stage. 

The question is: are there enough people who think like this, and who will sign the petition, even if they think Izzy “just wants to be left alone” (when did he say that anyway!), and impress Izzy enough for him to put on a show for us?? 

Yup I’m one of the extremely unfortunate to hs never seen Izzy play

• Like 1

Quick update: the petition is getting close to 800, and has been shared in at least 17 countries so far. It’s no secret that Izzy has been recording some new songs, which means our call for a live Izzy concert could very well reach him when the stars line up and he’s ready to share them.

Add your name here to help make this magic happen:

http://tinyurl.com/Izzyconcert2018

(@Eerie here’s the discussion thread. Great to see you here.)

- Carlene

• Like 3

Do you really think that Izzy would pay any attention to a petition for him to play a show? He may appreciate the sentiment of the idea but Izzy does things on his terms and always has.

I am just grateful that I got to see him play his last show as a member of the band back at Wembley in 91

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

Do you really think that Izzy would pay any attention to a petition for him to play a show? He may appreciate the sentiment of the idea but Izzy does things on his terms and always has.

I am just grateful that I got to see him play his last show as a member of the band back at Wembley in 91

Like a Dog was only released because fans created a petition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

Well said.

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

If you want to do something online to get Izzy to play a show I suggest starting a gofundme. 

LOL

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Like a Dog was only released because fans created a petition. 

Playing a show is completely different matter. 

So did Izzy at least acknowledge this on twitter or is ignoring it? 

15 minutes ago, GNR87 said:

Playing a show is completely different matter. 

Of course it is, but fans wanted to create a petition, something that worked in the past and try it again so, whats the big deal? 

Nobody is obligated to sign it if they feel its not worth 30 seconds of their time. I bet writte a message here bashing the petition takes way more time than signing it. Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Tori72 said:

I’m sure his friends and family did. What a sordid thing to say. :facepalm:

I was being funny. But to react seriously, it's not sordid at all. If it would get as much social media attention as getting a guy who doesn't want to play live to play a concert, it might have led to new information on a very serious case.

• Confused 1