Forbes - 4 Reasons a New GNR Album Would be a Success

23 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

It is incredibly baffling why:

1. No new music appears to be forthcoming when we *know* that an album was ready years ago

2. No explanation is forthcoming to the fans who adore this band as to why no new music appears to be forthcoming

Why does it have to be such an issue?

Maybe it was mandated by the label for Axl to repay them the money spent to produce and market Chinese Democracy.  I'd say it's very possible that some revenues from the reunion tour went directly back to the label to repay the debt from CD's failure.

If the label has recouped their losses, I'm sure they'll be happy to fund a new record, but again, they're going to ignore anything that doesn't have Slash and Duff's work on it. As an old school fan (hence the user name), I don't want material that was finished before Slash and Duff returned. A Guns album with Axl, Slash, and Duff is a lock for multi-platinum status, because it's what the majority of fans want. If they didn't, they wouldn't have packed stadiums and arenas for the reunion tour.

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I don't know about CD3, but Axl said in 2014 that both CD2 and the remix album were done and ready to go. Seeing as another album release would probably end up getting Guns out of their contract, I can only assume Universal were holding out for a reunion for obvious reasons. 

I must have missed that interview. Do you have a link to it by any chance? 

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

"But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

I think he realized that it's shit and buried it for good.

Then he called Slash.

Probably not. 

• Like 1

they should release a triple album, and add the rotten CD leftovers  as a bonus disc.

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Richard said there are more than 2 albums already done. if there are songs in there that are very strong that means they have something to start with.

lets stop kiddin ourselves, the strongest (????)songs ended up on CD 1. 

Edited by felixGNR

21 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Maybe it was mandated by the label for Axl to repay them the money spent to produce and market Chinese Democracy.  I'd say it's very possible that some revenues from the reunion tour went directly back to the label to repay the debt from CD's failure.

I'd say there is basically a 0% chance that money from NITL went back to the label.  Axl would never, even after hell froze over, sign a record contract that made him or the band responsible for an album being profitable.  The label takes the risk on an album.  The only thing related to touring is that it is very possible that Axl had to agree to tour in support of the album and play a minimum number of dates.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, Free Bird said:

"But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

Every time I think of that quote it makes me frightful for the fate of things Axl's might not seriously be looking at lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, edsonandhudson said:

"Richard said..." lol.

Richard is a hired musician. He has no clue what happens in GNR besides the 3 hours spent on stage every night.

the same goes basically about every other band member than Axl. from 2018's point of view, there's no real difference between (say) Richard and Slash. except that probably the latter one is one of the most famous former members and that he gets fairly more cash than the others.

18 minutes ago, edsonandhudson said:

"Richard said..." lol.

Richard is a hired musician. He has no clue what happens in GNR besides the 3 hours spent on stage every night.

3 hours on stage every night + a three hour band meeting one time

Not sure what the problem would be with the studio?! They’d never see each other! 

I kid. Imagine if Axl wrote some off the wall, insane, angry, heart deprived and heart exploding lyrics, and just went off on them... Come on, Ax... write and scream 10 rockers. Have a rip. He hasn’t written a song in like 16 years, so there should be plenty of ammo for the Guns. 

Then release a Roses album in the fall of 2020. Acoustic like, with two of three heavy endings like SCOM. 

Everybody wins.