Jump to content
ZoSoRose

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker Thread

Recommended Posts

Somebody posted this on reddit 86 days ago, and given then recent reveal of Dark Rey in the trailer, I think there’s some truth here (warning; potentially major spoilers): 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Somebody posted this on reddit 86 days ago, and given then recent reveal of Dark Rey in the trailer, I think there’s some truth here (warning; potentially major spoilers): 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

I’ve got to say, I like that idea.

If Rey is going to be anybody “special”, that is, a product of one of the OG characters, I would prefer it to be something that isn’t one of the obvious candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

I’ve got to say, I like that idea.

If Rey is going to be anybody “special”, that is, a product of one of the OG characters, I would prefer it to be something that isn’t one of the obvious candidates.

Yeah I agree completely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New rumor coming from credible sources states that Rey is actually

 

Palpatine’s granddaughter.

^^^personally, I hope this isn’t true. I’d rather her be the other spoiler/theory that I posted several days ago.

Edited by rocknroll41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2479026/john-williams-knows-how-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ends

It's good to know that John Williams is excited about the ending of TROS. Hopefully that means that he's inspired to compose some epic music for the film, cause so far the music of this new trilogy has been very underwhelming

Yeah it was easier for him to write music for the old movies cause they were spaced out enough release-wise where they could finish editing the whole movie BEFORE he started working on the music. But with the fast-paced schedule they have now, he has to write and record the music WHILE they’re still editing the movie, so it’s hard to make music that actually “fits” each scene when it’s being done that way. If the scene hasn’t even finished being cut together and composed yet, how is he supposed to know the right “beats” to hit with the music?

with that being said, TFA still has some songs I like a lot like Rey’s Theme, Kylo’s Theme, March of the Resistance, Torn Apart, and Jedi Steps. Can’t really think of any memorable music from TLJ tho, except for the stuff that was recycled from the old movies like Yoda’s Theme and The Force Theme.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it was easier for him to write music for the old movies cause they were spaced out enough release-wise where they could finish editing the whole movie BEFORE he started working on the music. But with the fast-paced schedule they have now, he has to write and record the music WHILE they’re still editing the movie, so it’s hard to make music that actually “fits” each scene when it’s being done that way. If the scene hasn’t even finished being cut together and composed yet, how is he supposed to know the right “beats” to hit with the music?

with that being said, TFA still has some songs I like a lot like Rey’s Theme, Kylo’s Theme, March of the Resistance, Torn Apart, and Jedi Steps. Can’t really think of any memorable music from TLJ tho, except for the stuff that was recycled from the old movies like Yoda’s Theme and The Force Theme.

You're right and it's such a shame that they make these movies in such a rush, cause music is really one of the most important things about Star Wars. I doubt these movies would be even half as popular as they are, if it wasn't for John Williams music. If you don't count the recycled stuff, the only song I really like in this new trilogy is Jedi Steps and even that one's kinda unfinished. Everything else is ok at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lies They Tell said:

You're right and it's such a shame that they make these movies in such a rush, cause music is really one of the most important things about Star Wars. I doubt these movies would be even half as popular as they are, if it wasn't for John Williams music. If you don't count the recycled stuff, the only song I really like in this new trilogy is Jedi Steps and even that one's kinda unfinished. Everything else is ok at best.

Yeah even though I still like the new trilogy for the most part, I wonder what it woulda been like if they had made these movies one at a time, once every 3 years, like the first two trilogies. No overlapping schedules or anything crazy like that. One can only wonder!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reshoots are apparently happening because things aren't looking good. Nooo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 9:10 AM, Jw224 said:

Reshoots are apparently happening because things aren't looking good. Nooo

More accurate insiders are saying that things are fine and that the reshoots happening now are minimal and have been planned from the beginning, and that while Lucas himself is involved with these reshoots, it’s not some last-minute effort to “save” the movie. He’s been involved as a consultant on this movie in particular since the start of development cause its the last one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If insiders are to be believed, the new trailer will drop Monday, October 14th, and tickets will go on sale immediately after.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 9:46 AM, rocknroll41 said:

If insiders are to be believed, the new trailer will drop Monday, October 14th, and tickets will go on sale immediately after.

Looks like now they’re saying the trailer was pushed back to October 21st, to line up with Carrie Fisher’s birthday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.9.2019 at 3:10 PM, Jw224 said:

Reshoots are apparently happening because things aren't looking good. Nooo

Relax, reshoots are the Standart for Films. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Relax, reshoots are the Standart for Films. 

The last one could have done with about two and a half hours of extra re-shoots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Looks like now they’re saying the trailer was pushed back to October 21st, to line up with Carrie Fisher’s birthday.

A Monday. I heard its likely during Monday Night Football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soon said:

A Monday. I heard its likely during Monday Night Football?

Yeah it’s confirmed for Monday night football. Apparently it was supposed to be tomorrow, but is now likely next week. I’m still gonna watch tomorrow tho. Just in case.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the majority of both TFA and TLJ but not too excited for this episode, yet. The Emperor is good twist that I'm looking forward to see what they do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think there's gonna be a twist with the Palpatine thing. Also wtf with the ship coming out the water(?). 

There's rumours going around that they have like 6 endings for this film and still haven't decided on one that will satisfy everyone. Lol. 

Edited by Jw224

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the trailer last night, and I will say I'm sure it's already better than the trainwreck that was TLJ. Having said that, the damage is already done (for me, and other like me). They can't undue TLJ (unless the retcon it from the series). I just dont care about these characters. Honestly nothing can be done to change that. Episodes 1-6 are the only ones I recognize, the Disney films dont count imo. I'm sure I'll see the film eventually, but I'm not sure I'll be seeing it in the theaters, the whole thing is just ruined for me. Everything Disney touches turns to straight up garbage, yet people seem to think it's good. Both the MCU and SW have gone to crap since the mouse took over. The MCU is decent still I suppose (but I've lost all interest in it, and super heroes in general).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailer makes the film look very...busy. There’s so much going on in every shot it’s hard to digest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I liked the majority of both TFA and TLJ but not too excited for this episode, yet. The Emperor is good twist that I'm looking forward to see what they do with it.

I'm the same, I enjoyed TFA for what it was but really enjoyed TLJ. Abrams being back at the helm is making me feel lkle this one is gonna play it really safe which would be disappointing for the final film. I agree the the Emperor being back is cool, I just hope they actually explain it. 

Edited by Jw224

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome. Cant wait. I just hope Luke has a meaningful scene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×