Cyberpunk 2077

cineater

The Cyberpunk 2077 team keeps expanding, as former Guns N' Roses drummer Bryan "Brain" Mantia, Melissa Reese (Bloodborne) and now Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt) join the ambitious FPS...

Back in January, we learned that former Guns N' Roses drummer Bryan "Brain" Mantia and vocalist and composer Melissa Reese will score Cyberpunk 2077. The duo has previously worked on the soundtracks for Infamous 2, Twisted Metal and Bloodborne. It seems that CD Projekt has decided to call in reinforcements and the composer of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has also joined the FPS crew.

"We have a composer in-house, Marcin Przybyłowicz, and he did the compositions for The Witcher 3 and he’s fantastic. He’s really well known in Poland and I think he’s pretty well known everywhere at this point, and he’s really good and he’s doing the score," Quest Designer Patrick Mills explained in a recent interview with DualShockers. Przybyłowicz will likely provide something just as special.

Cyberpunk 2077 is being made by more than 350 developers and the team is only expanding. CD Projekt expects that the marketing budget for the upcoming shooter will be even bigger than the one for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (which had a $35 million budget just for marketing). It has been revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 is designed to be "bigger" that CD Projekt's RPG opus magnum in every way.

gamefragger.com/multiplatform/role-playing/cyberpunk_2077/the-witcher-iii-wild-hunt-composer-will-officially-score-cyberpunk-2077-a10166

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I might even.... pre.. pre...pre... preorder. :o

I wouldn't do it for any other developer/publisher, but this is going to be too good and W3 preorder bonuses were cool. 

So much to unpack in this trailer. I've watched it twice all the way through, so far.

I am fine with first person, especially just coming from the Metro series, so I believe CDPR when they say total immersion is their goal.

The world looks great. Textures are fairly high fidelity given the vastness of the city (though, we don't know how much is completed yet). I just hope this isn't like W3 when they showed an incredible-looking demo and then toned down the graphics for release - though I believe that was due to XB1/PS4 specs. This time, CDPR says they're aiming for current gen consoles, so hopefully the development isn't hampered by the prospect of next gen consoles (still a big question with Starfield).

Random tangent: Though it kind of makes my head turn that they can produce CP's graphics on current gen consoles, but had to tone down W3 for the same exact hardware pretty much. I suppose CDPR's optimization abilities may be improved, but still... seems to me the W3 graphics downgrade was overkill. I also recall ordering a GTX 970 specifically for W3 and being surprised that the card was pretty overkill for the game. The 7970 I had in my system before would have run the W3 on mostly high settings without issue. Anyway, back to the trailer...

The activity/liveliness in the city looks great too - it looks like an actual city, despite some regurgitated character models (Witcher 3 had this too and wasn't a big issue IMO). Novigrad was a pretty believable city, but this ideally will take it to another level. 

Combat looks like a lot of fun. It looks like they took the best of popular combat systems and put them into one. Mass Effect/GoW style gunplay with Assassin's Creed/Mirror's Edge style melee. And Witcher 3 levels of blood/gore. Jesus Christ... my legs.

I'm also glad they are approaching this game with an adult tone, much like the Witcher. Though both Night City and "the Continent" are fictional, exploring adult themes give them a sense of reality that many stereotypical sci-fi/fantasy RPGs do poorly at expressing. Bethesda tries this a bit, but CDPR's attempts feel more effective (to me). Looking at this CP2077 gameplay, it makes other RPGs seem cartoony (not necessarily in a visual way, but think of FO4 or Divinity vs. this). 

Quick side note: Anthony Gilchrist tries to warn the player not to trust Meredith, as she hands you the chip. Cool little detail.

May edit this with more thoughts as I rewatch the trailer. Overall, I'm incredibly hyped for this.