GN'R Ex-Guitarist Busted for DUI SWEET MUG O' MINE!

Tourettes2400

Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA Arrested For DUI

July 30, 2018 27 Comments

Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA Arrested For DUI

According to TMZ, former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba has been arrested on suspicion of driving drunk.

The 45-year-old musician, who was also involved with Nikki Sixx's SIXX: A.M. project, was pulled over on Friday, July 27 in Fairbury, Illinois for failing to stop at a stop sign. Since the guitarist allegedly showed signs of impairment, officers gave him field sobriety tests, which he apparently failed, so he was arrested and taken to jail.

A mug shot of the guitarist, whose real name is Darren Jay Ashba, can be seen below.

Ashba, who lives in Las Vegas, was raised in Fairbury, where he returned over the weekend to attend the 29th running of the Prairie Dirt Classic at Fairbury American Legion Speedway. He also reportedly performed the U.S. national anthem at the event. Ashba took to his Facebook page on Sunday (July 29) to write: "It was so nice to chill back home for a few and reset. Thank you to everyone in my hometown of Fairbury for having me out to perform the National Anthem for ya'll. It was an honor!"

DJ joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck. He exited the group six years later, saying in a statement that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES "to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me."

Earlier this year, Ashba and his SIXX:A.M. bandmate James Michael launched a brand new project called PYROMANTIC. The duo is putting the finishing touches on an album's worth of music.

Sixx has hinted in recent interviews that SIXX:A.M. was over, explaining that he was planning on pursuing a number of different projects in 2018, none of which involve playing in a group.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-arrested-for-dui/

0730-daren-ashba-mug-3.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/30/guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-arrested-dui/

DJ Ashba was arrested Friday in Fairbury, IL on suspicion of DUI and for blowing a stop sign.

Law enforcement sources tell us Ashba first got pulled over for failing to stop but, because he showed signs of impairment, officers gave him field sobriety tests. Fair to say, it didn't go well for Ashba ... he was taken to jail, where he modeled a tight mohawk and colorful neck ink.

Ashba played with GNR from 2009 to 2015. He's currently lead guitarist in Sixx:A.M. with Motley Crue vet Nikki Sixx.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Haha 4

I have never really liked DJ Ashba, but it seems like he is really going through a rough time in his life. I wish him all the best. Hope he can get clean soon. Seems like he's had a rough few weeks

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

Wait, a guy who makes himself up to look like a 'sexy cartoon demon' has got issues? No way!

Good thing he's got his last name and next of kin tattooed on his neck so he didn't need to share the spot light with those slates with all the perps info on it that they sometimes make you hold.

Edited by soon

Ashba took to his Facebook page on Sunday (July 29) to write: "It was so nice to chill back home for a few and reset. Thank you to everyone in my hometown of Fairbury for having me out to perform the National Anthem for ya'll. It was an honor!"

Seems ''few'' became many!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-arrested-for-dui/

• Like 1

I'm guessing he's not used to laws being enforced strictly due to where he lives. It's VERY hard to get a DUI in Vegas so he probably wasn't expecting it be held accountable elsewhere. 

That's just a guess of course but I'd be surprised if that's not the case. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I must have missed the tweets. Is everything alright with him? I, like many here, have an opinion on the guy but you never wish these kinds of problems on anyone. His mug shot makes him look pretty rough. 

He has los two major gigs in three years (GN'R, SIXX:AM) and his new band isn't doing well either. Nobody would be alright in his position.

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Some of Ashba's other tweets last week caused concern among fans after he wrote, "Completely gutted n shocked. #peaceoutworld.” That tweet has since been deleted.

from Ultimate Classic Rock

I saw that too. That is why I said he has been having a "rough time".  I am not a big fan but I don't wish anything bad on him. Addiction is not an easy thing to overcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I saw that too. That is why I said he has been having a "rough time".  I am not a big fan but I don't wish anything bad on him. Addiction is not an easy thing to overcome.

I feel the same, i'm not a fan at all but something is going on with the poor guy.

• Like 2