An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

well said. One question I have is that i remember one of the Mods saying they met Beta or have contact with her. Has anything been done on that front to resolve this? I think it was on brando's first podcast with the guys from the MYGNRFORUMS

Edited by sidman69
added another sentance

nothing to add of course. I'm only afraid that all you/we get as a response to this is a silent "fuck you, we don't care". I'd be extremely shocked if somebody (and I mean, anybody) actually reacted to this call.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Well said, Russ. It's despicable the depths these cretins are going to screw the fans over. For what? Some sense of power? To prove their loyalty to a man who will never give a shit about them or care that they exist?

And if this shit is being backed by @Fernando and Team Brazil, then it's just horrifying and I will lose all respect for them. To be so callus and hostile to the fans just because not everyone bends over backwards to praise every little thing the band/Axl does? That's unforgivable. We deserve some answers, because this has gotten way too far out of hand.

• Like 4

Well said. It’s sad it has come to the point of doing this. The sad thing is we probably won’t be given any answers. Assuming we are acknowledged we will probably be left with more questions than before. Whether false threats or sincere threats it’s sick and disturbed the lengths people will go to. We’re all fans sharing our common interest with each other. Yet there’s people who have to take the joy out of it for everyone. My sympathies to everyone who has been affected by these “people”. I agree though the lack of information and releases has basically created a monster that is getting worse and worse each day. They need to put an end to this immediately. Over the years I’d come and go from the GNR communities. When things are good they’re good. But when it gets bad it’s torture to be around and it’s not something I want to be a part of. They say they’re always watching the major boards and etc. But if this is what they will allow to happen to the people who kept GNR alive and cared throughout all the bullshit.. It leaves very little reason to stick around. I hope something changes but hoping with this band gets harder and harder.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I haven't got a clue what any of this is about, but I'm excited and I don't know why. :lol:

Anyone care to fill me in?

The Appetite For Distortion podcast is a good start, especially the two podcasts regarding the Copyright stuff with youtube channels, and about how the House of Blues 2001 video came to the hands of various people, and eventually to all of us

• Like 3

Thanks, Russ. 

I was a big fan of Fernomenoyde's channel, I supported him and his channel is gone. Fckn fan-made videos. Some guy did multicams with Forum audio. Few days then, I wanted to visit his channel and it was gone. There was a Appetite4Illusions with RAR06 with good quality and now it's gone. There were a few Apollo Full Show videos all are taken down. I just realised that GNRPoland is taken down. what the fuck. Few years ago slasherr who was making this chanell even got a invate to meeting before concert in Rybnik with Bumblefoot because he liked his work. And now he's videos are gone. It's a fucking joke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Good work Russ, I sincerely hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears. If any part of the GN'R organization is reading this, peoples families are being threatened and although you guys do not carry all the blame, the lack of engagement with your fan base for the better part of 20 years has helped create this culture. We're not asking for new music or content this time we're simply asking you to help deal with a situation that is causing the most hardcore fans, the people that have kept this band/brand alive, grief on many levels some deeply personal.

I love Brando's podcast and his content but for me the most interesting part of his program has been watching a fan without much experience in the deeper, darker part of our fan base getting immersed in it and seeing the highlights & incredible lows. It has further reinforced my belief that GN'R fans are the most passionate music fans in the world, and sometimes (more often than not these days) that's not a good thing.

Okay rant over, waking up this morning and hearing this from Brando was especially frustrating. Often times me & my girlfriend will spend hours showing each other music on YouTube and after spending an extensive period of time last night trying to show her anything GN'R related that wasn't a basic studio album cut, even she thought this was ridiculous, and shes not a guns fan by any means.

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1