An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

Has anyone tried reaching out to meeghan on instagram? She’s pretty cool and responsive to fan’s comments. I am not saying all of us go harass her but if we can get someone other than del on the record about SOMETHING then maybe we’ll get an official response. 

Slash has nothing to do with this. He probably has zero clue. Its TB that are known to comb the boards

2 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Has anyone tried reaching out to meeghan on instagram? She’s pretty cool and responsive to fan’s comments. I am not saying all of us go harass her but if we can get someone other than del on the record about SOMETHING then maybe we’ll get an official response. 

I wouldn't to be honest. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Well, Del definitely kind of knows a little about things, and according to the mods/admins here some people in GNR land are aware of the situation, so I would say spamming her probably wouldn't help, plus she isn't GNR management so I wouldn't feel good about spamming her Instagram with forum war stuff lol

Just now, WhazUp said:

Well, Del definitely kind of knows a little about things, and according to the mods/admins here some people in GNR land are aware of the situation, so I would say spamming her probably wouldn't help, plus she isn't GNR management so I wouldn't feel good about spamming her Instagram with forum war stuff lol

These are all good points, made by you and others. I made it with hesitation to begin with, but I now recant my suggestion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Right, and at least to discuss and make clear everything that is happening.  Although he did pop up on mygnr not too long ago and was here for a decent amount of time replying to people's questions so I am not counting it out that hopefully we can get in touch with him and talk about the situation

Yes , i remember he appear here.I think  make  a statement is more appropiate to  Fernando that he know this forum and don't many to Del James.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Sometimes I feel he is clueless and sometimes I feel he understands more than he says....

:question:

Slash and Duff coming back led to a lot of annoying things about following the band getting brushed under the rug, like Del James being an ass hole.

• Like 2

Also, Del isn’t someone who can shed any light on the matter. It’s regrettable he responded to a stituation he didn’t know all the details, but this is exactly why we shouldn’t expect a comment or statement until all information provided can be vetted and a legal course of action is determined. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Sales of the Locked N' Loaded set and Super Deluxe Edition are likely not what the band, management, and the label, expected.

I'm nearly 48, and I've always paid for my music. I don't even know how bit torrent sites work, never mind stealing anything off them. There are people I work with that steal music and movies all the time. Millenials are always wanting their stuff for free, which is why concert ticket prices are insane, and movies are out on blu-ray three months after premiering in the theater. It's killing both industries.

If music wasn't out there to be stolen, I'll bet these box sets would have been a whole lot cheaper. I'll also speculate the band would be more willing to release new music if they believed it wasn't going to be stolen off a torrent site before the physical copy can be released. I can't fault whoever's responsible for the You Tube clips disappearing. Some things are worth opening up your wallet for, which is why I own both the Locked N' Loaded set, and the Super Deluxe Edition. Call me Mr. Morals or whatever, but my love for this band and the joy they have brought to my life is why I'll always pay for what they're selling.

I was curious about this, is there any indication anywhere of how the boxset sold/whether it met expectations? I know AFD charted on billboard the week after, but otherwise, I haven't seen much.

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What is it with these huge rock bands and not wanting to properly adress shit and just fucking TALK at all? It's the same fucking thing with ACDC and Van Halen. One does not even know if those bands exist anymore. So frustrating

Its extremely frustrating because those are pretty much my 3 favorite bands.

• Sad 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I hope you arent dragged into this, man. You are a great guy and I know you just like getting along with everyone on all sides. Hope all is well!

Thanks, we'll see, I really hope not too!  All is well for now.  If it happens I know what I will say for myself, I just hope it is enough!

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, WAR41 said:

I was actually curious to know how you felt about this Tim.  I believe you’ve unearthed and shared some amazing stuff (not just  merch).  I would think if there is one person who could talk sense into Mofo you could do it.  Alfred is a lost cause. 

I am beginning to feel that Alfred is a lost cause as well.  Many people have asked why I haven't banned him from the Facebook collector's group yet.  Only because I haven't seen any PROOF that he isn't working for the band/label/mgmt.  I am not saying that he is of course.  But I don't believe in acting on allegations and accusations alone, dependent on circumstances.  I will talk to Mofo.  I will say this - he is not someone that always tows the line.  He has made some posts on the Nightrain forum that were quite critical of the fan club and management. 

Of course I agree that regardless of it all, there is absolutely zero need for any threats of any kind from anyone to anyone.  I know who made one of the threats (the one to axlrose4life), but who made the threat to Gambit?  Does anyone know for sure or will it take a cybercrimes unit to figure out I wonder?

• Like 1

I cannot believe people are slagging of DC, as if they're akin to Guns. DC don't communicate between releases generally and they have been hammered with tragedies recently, Malcolm, the Rudd thing, Brian's vocals. If there is a band who deserves to be on a self-questioning ''hiatus'', it is DC! And when DC do start the engine, it operates as per normal: you'll get a brand new spanking album in your hands in small amount of time and a tour and live release to follow.  

Van Halen I cannot comment on. 

And if it is the end for AC/DC, well it'll be the end. They have had a good innings and we all know why it ended. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troccoli said:

Many people have asked why I haven't banned him from the Facebook collector's group yet.  Only because I haven't seen any PROOF that he isn't working for the band/label/mgmt. 

How could this person be employed by band/label/mgmt is beyond any understanding for me.

He is terrible! Come on...0

• Like 1

As much as I love and support this band... haven't we learned in the past 30 years how they treat us fans :( Sad but yet we keep taking it...

How many interviews has the band (members) publicly made since NITL started? I don't expect any support or even a statement about this topic from the band :(

• downzy locked this topic
  • RussTCB unlocked and locked this topic
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic