An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

Just now, default_ said:

Russ, I think some people arent really understanding what this is about and maybe TB/UMG/GNR wont either. Would it be a bad idea to edit the letter and say with all words some people are threatening families on behalf of TB/GNR?

Good idea.

I'll go back to add a little bit but it's really up to @axlrosefan4life and @Gambit83 to post all the details if they choose.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, axlrosefan4life said:

When silkworms and oh my god leaked I was texted from Alfred “ if I care about my kids then I better pick up the phone “ . This was said after a couple of personal threats were made towards me. 

Unbelieveable. I remember you saying that on the podcast now.

4 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

When silkworms and oh my god leaked I was texted from Alfred “ if I care about my kids then I better pick up the phone “ . This was said after a couple of personal threats were made towards me. 

Just terrifying

• Like 1

Just now, axlrosefan4life said:

That's horrible and im sorry. Completely unbecoming and unnecessary in this community no matter what your stance is on GNR material being available on the internet or elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Quando os bichos-da-seda e oh meu deus vazaram, eu recebi uma mensagem de Alfred "Se eu me importo com meus filhos, então é melhor eu pegar o telefone". Isso foi dito depois que algumas ameaças pessoais foram feitas em minha direção. 

It's horrible!

16 minutes ago, edsonandhudson said:

Well, I guess the first part was ok so I'll post it again: For those who don't have time to listen to podcasts, you should give more details about the threats.

This

Define threats? Name calling or dudes parked outside with baseball bats. In either case it's not for TB to go hunting down every person that impersonates them

Well, just 2 cents from someone who is far removed from what is happening. I know there is a past of clashing and bad blood between this community, some fans and TB/GNR. With that said, it's unfathomable to me that they could be aware of this sort of behaviour, much less condone it. Even removing any sort of "caring for the fans" aspect, this would be absolutely stupid and disastrous from a marketing and financial standpoint after all the work the band did to reposition itself with the public, with massive success, going massively mainstream again.

With all shit that is said about him, Axl strikes me as the type of guy that would personally look into this and address it agressively if it reaches him and it ends up having anything to do with somebody actually inside his camp.

Just a suggestion, @RussTCB, @downzy and specially the victims. I would recommend investing in getting this message to GNR through official and guaranteed channels. Make sure they get it, and once they do, I'd give them a reasonable timeframe to address it. If nothing happened after that, I'd make it all public, if I were you. Major news outlets public.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Then surely this is a matter for the authorities, and not universal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Then surely this is a matter for the authorities, and not universal. 

I would say authorities for the threats, and at the very least getting some sort of two-way communication between us and TB

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

If you guys want to go one step further, email this thread to news organizations. Help pick up some steam. 

I'm sure some fans could help with connections in that department. If it hasn't been thought of already.

Any way, it's a shame the situation is at where it's at for whatever reason. I could easily see a scenario where the fans are fat and happy and still genuinely interested in going to shows, buying new and old albums, and so forth. 

I'm there for a CD box set, The Joint 2001 show, and CD era and pre-CD era unreleased songs in a heartbeat. This includes Axl's solo stuff or him fucking around on a piano for an hour. 

Let's hope the tide is about to change. 

I'd try to know for sure if it actually has anything to do with GNR before involving any press. It takes little for a public opinion conviction without trial is cases such as this. 

6 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I'd try to know for sure if it actually has anything to do with GNR before involving any press. It takes little for a public opinion conviction without trial is cases such as this. 

That's exactly why I wanted to start here. I'm not interested in causing trouble from GN'R. I'd just like them to know that people are making threats in their name, whether or not they actually have association with these people or not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

This

Define threats? Name calling or dudes parked outside with baseball bats. In either case it's not for TB to go hunting down every person that impersonates them

They made a fake profile of me, giving out my mom’s address/# asking people to come over for sex. Would actually be funny if I was in high school or real murders didn’t actually start that way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's exactly why I wanted to start here. I'm not interested in causing trouble from GN'R. I'd just like them to know that people are making threats in their name, whether or not they actually have association with these people or not.

I think you are absolutely right in your approach. I'd even suggest that your attempt to reach them goes beyond this post and this board (maybe downzy could get/provide more direct contact). If that fails, then I'd cause trouble, but the decision in that case falls to you and the other people involved.

If you guys do end up wanting to go public, I'm a reporter for a massive news site in Brazil (the biggest, actually). IF and WHEN you want it, I'd be glad to help you get your story some exposure around here. Only if you want it, will not do anything unless you ask.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gambit83 said:

They made a fake profile of me, giving out my mom’s address/# asking people to come over for sex. Would actually be funny if I was in high school or real murders didn’t actually start that way. 

Jesus, that is disgusting I am sorry you have had to deal with that lately.  I have seen a ton of those little dumb photos they make where they use the photo of the logo of your podcast and call it lies, and the level of obsession they have with you and mygnr and non-threating non-monetary related bootlegs is just so so strange.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pedrolg said:

I think you are absolutely right in your approach. I'd even suggest that your attempt to reach them goes beyond this post and this board (maybe downzy could get/provide more direct contact). If that fails, then I'd cause trouble, but the decision in that case falls to you and the other people involved.

If you guys do end up wanting to go public, I'm a reporter for a massive news site in Brazil (the biggest, actually). IF and WHEN you want it, I'd be glad to help you get your story some exposure around here. Only if you want it, will not do anything unless you ask.

Thank you :)

I'd love for this to be handled "in house" so to speak. Hopefully we hear something sooner than later.

Wow, it took me some time to work out what the initial tweet was all about and I went back to listen to the two podcasts. I can’t believe this is taking place. 

I still confused by the connection to Perla and the Alfred guy, but the GnR camp really need to comment on this. 

So nobody minds if I do some tweeting and tagging?

• Thanks 1