Where are you Axl Rose?

cineater

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Haha...I stay here because hearing about Myles and SMKC gave me headaches...and here we are talking about them.....;)

I tend to agree...if Axl would have been open to record new GNR music, Slash in a heartbeat would have SMKC at a side.

Speaking again about AC/DC.....it looks like the hearing aid helps Brian a lot, I hope he can tour without exposing himself too much.

Last I heard they said it helped but not in a large stadium capacity. I guess time will tell.

As far as Axl agreeing to music he said himself he has shown/played some things for them and said they seem to be getting along.

It doesn't matter how many times he basically has said he wants to record or things close to that nature because someone will always come along and blame him and say he doesn't want to.

It must be all Axl's fault that Slash already started an album and made plans possibly signed contracts even with another band prior to this reunion. It must also be his fault that from day 1 MKC were communicating with Slash and collaborating on the album the whole time from the get go.

It must be Axl's fault they even came out supporting Slash at GnR shows.

It must be Axl's fault Slash said he planned to do this album and worked on it before and during GnR and how hard he and the guys worked over the years prior to Guns to put this all together.

Slash did have them on the side for several years as he toured with GnR.

He is now going to do what he planned and worked on prior to and during GnR.

Why do interviews when people just take what is said and twist and set blame where they have no business or knowledge?

All we have is what was said.

I was hoping to get some Axl/DC while Slash was doing his thing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shocker said:

This is exactly what I`ve meant too. What happening in Vancouver now is not the beginning of a new album and a 2 year long world tour.

Maybe but just maybe a few last concerts here and there with Brian.

Brian deserves to sing a few last shows (if he want it) and his fans deserves to see him one last time.

Yep. I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see an album that features both even who knows.

I can't see Brian doing many shows but maybe I'm wrong.

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nobody wants this, surely. More pointless touring by Axl with no new music by him. 

If he isn’t going to record with Angus, then I hope he doesn’t waste his time and voice helping ACDC tour. 

He's touring without new music since 2009 (Up Close and Personal, Appetite for Democracy, Not In This Lifetime). What makes you think that he would change that with AC/DC?

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

He's touring without new music since 2009 (Up Close and Personal, Appetite for Democracy, Not In This Lifetime). What makes you think that he would change that with AC/DC?

Yes, I know, but I’m not going to be happy at the thought of Axl doing the same thing with AC/DC when he isn’t even anything to do with the music they play. 

• Like 2

I personally don't like the idea of Brian recording and Axl touring. It would be unfair to the fans (and both Brian and Axl). Angus should pick one singer, make music with him and tour with him. 

If we ever see Axl working with Angus again it will take a couple of years no matter how long this AC/DC thing will be. That sucks. 

• Like 3

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I know, but I’m not going to be happy at the thought of Axl doing the same thing with AC/DC when he isn’t even anything to do with the music they play. 

Axl would basically be an behind-the-scenes musician without all those tours.

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

Axl and Angus aren't over by a long shot. I respect Angus for bringing in Phil and Brian but as I said above can they tour?

Will they risk Brian's hearing that way? Would Phil's court stipulations prevent travel?

All on the next episode of Axl does DC

Understand there are stipulations on Phil with his visa but if ACDC management can get a court order and put Phil on some sort of a good behaviour bond to get his visa approved,  the ACDC train is on tour again. With the amount of money on a tour this band makes and how much that tour may inject into the economy of those countries that may be part of any tour date, do you think getting Phils visa approved is going to be a difficult process?

Edited by Sydney Fan

Glad Angus did the right thing!! Brian is the AC/DC singer and, if he still can lay vocals in studio, it would be disrespectful to AC/DC history and fans having Axl doing it instead of Brian IMO. 

Sucks for us though. I'm kinda sad we won't hear Axl's new songs anytime soon. Hopefully his bromance with Angus can still work in some side project. As for AC/DC it was the fair thing to do.

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Glad Angus did the right thing!! Brian is the AC/DC singer and, if he still can lay vocals in studio, it would be disrespectful to AC/DC history and fans having Axl doing it instead of Brian IMO. 

Sucks for us though. I'm kinda sad we won't hear Axl's new songs anytime soon. Hopefully his bromance with Angus can still work in some side project. As for AC/DC it was the fair thing to do.

But who said there won`t be an album with Axl and Angus?

I personally don’t believe in this version where Brian would write lyrics and sing on the album and then Axl would tour it. Not only would it be unfair towards the fans, but it would be really weird. I mean, in 2016 it was completely different; they just wanted to finish what had been started. But this? I highly doubt the tickets would sell anywhere near as well as they pretty much did in 16. Lot of fans would complain, and they would be right to do so.

Well, who knows. They are really damn private about this, as usual.

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Understand there are stipulations on Phil with his visa but if ACDC management can get a court order and put Phil on some sort of a good behaviour bond to get his visa approved,  the ACDC train is on tour again. With the amount of money on a tour this band makes and how much that tour may inject into the economy of those countries that may be part of any tour date, do you think getting Phils visa approved is going to be a difficult process?

Phil and his lawyers tried according to Phil and the judge denied a discharge of conviction. They told the judge it would limit his touring especially in the US and Japan and he got denied.

This was all in his interview during the Axl/DC thing.

A judge can't tell another Country to bend their rules for someone. A dismissal would have to take place of the charges or the Country would have to agree to bend the rules for him. Some may be willing as he said he could tour in Europe due to the entry requirements being more lax or prior agreements he has petitioned already.

US and other Countries are very strict on those type of convictions.

It would mainly be other Countries laws limiting his travel.

Another thing no one is considering is that they may be making an album with Brian Johnson. Angus hasn't been spotted as far as I'm aware.

Brian has said not long ago he still intends to make new music just likely can't tour it.

So why isn't is plausible that he is doing an album and some of the AC/DC guys will be on it? Other people have done just that.

22 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Phil and his lawyers tried according to Phil and the judge denied a discharge of conviction. They told the judge it would limit his touring especially in the US and Japan and he got denied.

This was all in his interview during the Axl/DC thing.

A judge can't tell another Country to bend their rules for someone. A dismissal would have to take place of the charges or the Country would have to agree to bend the rules for him. Some may be willing as he said he could tour in Europe due to the entry requirements being more lax or prior agreements he has petitioned already.

US and other Countries are very strict on those type of convictions.

It would mainly be other Countries laws limiting his travel.

AC/DC is his main source of income, so if he's allowed to walk a free man yet denied touring because of charges, he's being denied making a living wich is unjust no matter the charge. Any good lawer should be able to solve this. If all else fails, lay down citizenship and adopt another, problem solved.

"I live downtown by the Shangri-La, and was walking on Alberni just by the entrance to Urban Fare when a group of men walked out through the doorway. I caught sight of one guy and, being a lifelong diehard AC/DC fan, instantly thought "Hey, that guy looks exactly like Phil Rudd. That's weird." Then, as we walk past this group, I come face to face with another guy in the group. The first thing I notice is "Wow, this guy is crazy short." Then I realize I'm looking Angus Young in the face.

We made eye contact and did that kind of shuffle people do when they're in each other's way and need to determine who's going to go which way. He looked at me with this sort of thinking expression on his face and we all just kept walking in opposite directions. I looked back and said to my girlfriend "I'm like 99% sure we just walked by two of the guys from AC/DC."" -Reddit

There's also a few more sightings of Angus Young in reddit's Vancouver group, so it looks like pretty much they're doing AC/DC, not anything else. :)

Edited by rosesandguns

44 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Someone's replied on twitter saying the Brian pic isn't accurate and is from the RoB sessions. Idk if anyone can confirm this, obviously its twitter so grain of salt n all that.

That's fake, the metadata/EXIF of the original photo shows that it was indeed taken in August 6th. It's a fact.

People saying other stuff is lying to themselves that Axl is still doing an album with AC/DC. 

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

That's fake, the metadata/EXIF of the original photo shows that it was indeed taken in August 6th. It's a fact.

People saying other stuff is lying to themselves that Axl is still doing an album with AC/DC. 

I believe it was recent honestly but metadata can be incorrect if the person input it and say changed the date. Cameras allow the user to input data time etc.

Funny story my mom never fixed her settings and we used to laugh as her photo dates were off by years. We finally changed her settings after getting tired of pinpointing the real date down. Of course this was years ago.

Metadata is also more accurate if GPS is on as date and time can be automatically configured with the GPS and or certain settings.

A person can certainly input a different date and time on their camera. 

Again I don't believe that's the case here though.

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

AC/DC is his main source of income, so if he's allowed to walk a free man yet denied touring because of charges, he's being denied making a living wich is unjust no matter the charge. Any good lawer should be able to solve this. If all else fails, lay down citizenship and adopt another, problem solved.

So again your not understanding here. He isn't being prohibited from earning a living. He is free to travel to any Country that will allow criminals in. Per his own words last year he can't travel to the US and is limited to some European Countries.

If Countries broke rules for someone who is famous now that wouldn't be fair would it? A judge or court can't force a Country to accept a criminal in their Country. He plead guilty to his charges. 

He tells the The Bay Of Plenty Times: “It is up to Angus Young, what he wants to do. I am limited to where I can go.

But with Malcolm Young retired due to dementia, and frontman Brian Johnson’s hearing issues resulting in him being replaced by Axl Rose, Rudd is unsure of what the future holds. And while he can’t travel to the US because of his conviction, he says he can still play shows in Europe.

This is just one piece from an interview he did. There are others where he lists US along with other Countries he can't enter due to his conviction.

He's not the first artist that dealt with this and went be the last.

US and other countries don't allow dual citizenship you can't even become one or get a green card with the conviction he has let alone enter.

His lawyer tried to get a dismissal of charges for this reason and of course as should be he was denied. It would set a bad precedence and cause uproar if a court did due to his celebrity status.