Where are you Axl Rose?

cineater

Two posts on Reddit about this, no idea of the credibility of the users/writers, so might be bull or might be not.

"The rumours of the band being in Vancouver are just not going away - Phil, Stevie, Angus, Brian & Cliff all supposedly been sighted: been working in the studio for a month or so... Also talk of Axl in town but there's confusion around that and may not be the case....Sources close to the band confirm that something positive is happening but unable to reveal any more at this stage..."

"I saw Angus, Stevie, Phil & what looks to be Cliff as well, yesterday in Vancouver. It definitely looks like they are in town recording and also believe that they might be working with Mike Fraser as I think that I also saw him with them, all in one spot. I've got some pics as well. New on here and not sure if I can post them or not. Neither Axl or Brian were present"

Edited by rosesandguns
correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

Two posts on Reddit about this, no idea of the credibility of the users/writers, so might be bull or might be not.

"The rumours of the band being in Vancouver are just not going away - Phil, Stevie, Angus, Brian & Cliff all supposedly been sighted: been working in the studio for a month or so... Also talk of Axl in town but there's confusion around that and may not be the case....Sources close to the band confirm that something positive is happening but unable to reveal any more at this stage..."

"I saw Angus, Stevie, Phil & what looks to be Cliff as well, yesterday in Vancouver. It definitely looks like they are in town recording and also believe that they might be working with Mike Fraser as I think that I also saw him with them, all in one spot. I've got some pics as well. New on here and not sure if I can post them or not. Neither Axl or Brian were present"

Those pictures are so elusive!!!! Even Me can post pictures on the forum!!!!

I think if they decide or have decided to record with Axl there will be a trail period in the studio to see if it's a fit in the studio and if not AC/DC will get a different singer.

If Brian can't tour it is still possible they could record an album with him and get a different singer to tour and I am sure it WON'T be Axl. 

If that happens I guess you could say it sounds alot like GNR from 94- NILT.

Slash’s schedule has largely been dictated by Axl’s schedule since 2016. Slash would happily start the writing process for gnr if it was a good time for Axl but ACDC isn’t done with Axl.

i got a good feeling Axl is involved because the ACDC forum is getting their hopes really high for a happily ever after finale with Angus and Brian...yet they don’t realize that when Axl is involved you get your hopes really high then the reality hits and you find out your getting something much different haha 

Just my opinion, but it's unlikely to be a coincidence that AC/DC are going into the studio one week following the end of NITL's European leg. I mean, it seems they were waiting for Axl to be free, and bringing Rudd back (as widely rumoured) would strengthen the legitimacy of the band in the eyes of some who would have trouble swallowing Axl's role as the new lead singer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree that seems a little too coincidental but at the same time the admins at adcfans aren't types to go posting any old rumor. They're pretty cautious about that stuff. So if they're saying they have reliable sources I tend to believe it. But on the other  other hand, I have a hard time picturing Brian doing a tour, even  it it's a short one. Who knows. 

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 3:17 AM, bigpoop said:

I agree that seems a little too coincidental but at the same time the admins at adcfans aren't types to go posting any old rumor. They're pretty cautious about that stuff. So if they're saying they have reliable sources I tend to believe it. But on the other  other hand, I have a hard time picturing Brian doing a tour, even  it it's a short one. Who knows. 

The acdcfans forum knows shit.

I was permanently banned two years ago for saying Axl was the frontman for the rest of the tour.

They still cannot believe Brian is old and deaf as a post.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/08/2018 at 11:41 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Not sure what the point is of posting a picture from 2 years ago of Phill Rudd leaving a court appearance in New Zealand and giving the finger to the media. 

Mr Rudd was convicted of very serious crimes and wont be allowed to gain a visa to visit most countries due to his convictions. 

Wishful thinking that he would tour the world with a band.

I think Angus is now ending the AC∕DC story with the most original line-up possible. The same line-up as Back in Black but with Stevie on guitar instead of Malcolm of course.

Time will tell what will happend next. I think Angus and Axl got fixed plans allready but I have no clue what plans.

Maybe they form some sort of super group instead of continue under the AC∕DC logo.

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Not sure what the point is of posting a picture from 2 years ago of Phill Rudd leaving a court appearance in New Zealand and giving the finger to the media. 

Mr Rudd was convicted of very serious crimes and wont be allowed to gain a visa to visit most countries due to his convictions. 

Wishful thinking that he would tour the world with a band.

Maybe they'll do a big farewell thingie, with Phill on the drums in countries where its possible, and Chris filling up the gaps. Brian singing some shows and Axl filling up the rest, maybe even Cliff on bass here and there.

Ok this is just utter bullshit, but at this point all bets are off.

13 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Not necessarily, from the AC/DC fan perspective, if the rumors are true, this is the equivalent of AFD 5 for us.

I was just quoting I.R.S :lol: Yeah for sure AC/DC fans want Brian. I wonder if from their perspective having Axl on vocals is something like for us if Myles would sing for GNR 

Edited by sl4yer

5 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I was just quoting I.R.S :lol: Yeah for sure AC/DC fans want Brian. I wonder if from their perspective having Axl on vocals is something like for us if Myles would sing for GNR 

Apples and Oranges. Brian is not the key member of AC/DC - Angus and Stevie are.

10 hours ago, bigcountry said:

I think if they decide or have decided to record with Axl there will be a trail period in the studio to see if it's a fit in the studio and if not AC/DC will get a different singer.

If Brian can't tour it is still possible they could record an album with him and get a different singer to tour and I am sure it WON'T be Axl. 

If that happens I guess you could say it sounds alot like GNR from 94- NILT.

I doubt angus would agree as ac/dc has never done that before. Why would they start that sort of an arrangement now?. If a band records together they tour together would be angus mindset.

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm hedging bets on Axl, not only because of what i mentioned earlier about the timing, but also because about what insiders (such as that one well-connected guy on Facebook and Angry Anderson) have said. 

I guess the question would be why is brian there?. Back up vocals perhaps or doing a song and thats it?.

hopefully, if it doesn't happen for axl with ac/dc, it will happen with angus in the future on a solo album or something similar. they sound really good and natural together. perhaps on a solo album angus will give more freedom to axl to be involved more in the writing process but im getting ahead of myself.

I still hope it's axl on ac/dc now but I'll understand if it isn't. if brian can handle a few tunes in the studio and a short tour, maybe that's what the ac/dc fanbase wants.

Edited by Rovim