GNR jumped the dolphin (finally)

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I love how we all got fed up of GNR’s bullshit.

I love this place :lol:

to be fair, I still honestly believe that the band members have little to nothing to do with all this idiotic shit, and they probably don't give a fuck about it, as soon as they're getting their salaries from the guys who "manage the business".

• Like 3

the walkergate scandal could have a big impact on this money making merch thing depending on if they respond and what they say.

can you imagine them saying "your favourite YT channels where closed down and forum members family members have been threatened with OUR full backing"

now would you like to buy a picture of the band from us for £260.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

All things considered, it's very gracious of GNR to look into the recent fan concerns with bootlegs, don't you think?

Gracious?  Not really the word I'd use to describe it.  I think TB's treatment of fans in the past has created the atmosphere that has led to this unfortunate incident.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

People have to stop rewarding Team Brazil for simply lifting a finger. Things like this or an impromptu forum appearance by the manager only seem like much because they rarely do anything at all. If Team Brazil had any idea of what they were doing, this would never have happened in the first place. If they maintained an adequate PR department which oversaw community management and the band's online presence, the community wouldn't be as desperate as they are, and the management would have had an understanding of this developing situation without having to rely on a third-party forum administrator for the run-down. They have made upwards of $500 million in the past three years - they can afford a dedicated PR person who is not Fernando. The way GN'R is operated is frankly ridiculous for a AAA brand.

Absolutely agreed. They do not know how to communicate with the majority of us with respect

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Also, disturbingly, there is an implication that ''spending power'' determines ''level of fandom'' in that sentence. This is now how they see fans now: consumer groups to be exploited. More evidence that Guns N' Roses are more a brand than a band. 

The shocking truth...

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Also, disturbingly, there is an implication that ''spending power'' determines ''level of fandom'' in that sentence. This is now how they see fans now: consumer groups to be exploited. More evidence that Guns N' Roses are more a brand than a band. 

This is something that was big news last year with Taylor Swift. Basically getting her fans to by repeat copies of her album and other merchandise so that they had a better chance of securing tickets for her upcoming shows. 

This whole thing is disgusting, and if GNR had any long term business sense they would run a mile away from this because it's not the golden ticket that they think it is. EVENTUALLY even the most diehard fan bites, and it's shit like this that does it.

I'm obviously not a fan of GNR, because I've not bought the boxset or even been offered the chance to buy this picture :D disgusting, greedy and and short-sighted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwick1 said:

I really don't think the band members have anything to do with this.  they shouldn't have to concern themselves with such matters as promotional material. 

Who do you think runs this band? if it involves dollars and cents, they know what's going on.

NOW there is a possibility that Universal have acted alone, and through some loophole in the gnr contract they are able to do things like this without the bands expressed consent... but why would Universal piss off GNR right now? surely that are crossing their fingers for possible live releases, best of compilations, ....new singles / albums (I know :rofl-lol:), IF GNR had no hand in it I can't imagine they'd be that pleased with the negative attention.

So we're not one of GNRs biggest fans because we haven't bought a print of some shitty photographer they found hanging around London in the 80s.

Well I guess my years of collecting hundred or so bootlegs & 27 attending shows count for nothing

No I don't want your shitty print, Ross. Im happy with my OWN band photo with Slash and Duff and my multiple photos with Axl. 

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

The fans (not only GnR fans, but in general) have always been seen as consumers, and it couldn't have been otherwise since it's a product.

The difference is that now is done more shamelessly. The music industry openly operates like any other corporation.

In this case, UMG probably made a business and marketing plan for all this, presented it to the management/band and they just approved.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Who do you think runs this band? if it involves dollars and cents, they know what's going on.

NOW there is a possibility that Universal have acted alone, and through some loophole in the gnr contract they are able to do things like this without the bands expressed consent... but why would Universal piss off GNR right now? surely that are crossing their fingers for possible live releases, best of compilations, ....new singles / albums (I know :rofl-lol:), IF GNR had no hand in it I can't imagine they'd be that pleased with the negative attention.

Nobody knows the deal or contracts involved. Some of which may go back to the late 80’s in how this stuff can be used. To put blame on TB without knowing the whole story is a bit short sighted and an easy scapegoat some like to jump upon 

Everyone as fans can decide to ignore and just not buy this stuff. That’s how you send messages to the powers at be. The fact is that certain fans are willing to spend on high priced items. You’ll be damn sure that behavior will be fully exasperated to help drive revenue from that group.

Now the question GNR has to ask is does that group of people align with the “Super fans” at the top of the pyramid here? I would think long term that is an issue that they will need to look into and concern themselves with. This part of the fan base helps long term. The dark years keeping the band alive being the foremost example  

• Like 1

this picture is the same poster that came with the box set they just released!  over 200 dollars????  seriously?  cant we even get a never seen pic?  

honestly a pic of the current line up would be nice. did they ever release a proper band pic with Melissa and crew?  still milking Adler and Izzy image I see. 

whatever. 

this is getting ridiculous

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The fans (not only GnR fans, but in general) have always been seen as consumers, and it couldn't have been otherwise since it's a product.

The difference is that now is done more shamelessly. The music industry openly operates like any other corporation.

In this case, UMG probably made a business and marketing plan for all this, presented it to the management/band and they just approved.

One guy, who annoyed rock n roll star Axl have something to say about fans & customers

Well, Axl well said back in the beginings that he wouldn t want to become Iron Miden kind of band - guess what - he didn't!

• Like 4