Slash is Live at the Rainbow with Eddie Trunk

10 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I'll take that as a good sign, gives me hope 😆

Me too. Slash said this album has been done forever, I bet he told them in the contract negotiations to include time for him to release this. I really hope Gn'R get together and really write some music together, even if it is just a EP, or single.

Edited by Tourettes2400

31 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He said he has talked with all of Guns N' Roses and they all want to record new stuff. Not sure if I believe it or not😂. Guess we will see.

Yeah boi.

Is this interview going to be available somewhere to listen to later? I guess Eddie got his GnR interview after all haha.

31 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He said he has talked with all of Guns N' Roses and they all want to record new stuff. Not sure if I believe it or not😂. Guess we will see.

I believe this WILL HAPPEN!!!! There's no way that All, Slash and Duff wants TSI to be known as the last album they were on together. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

48 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yeah Axl wants to record new stuff with AC/DC, Slash another solo album and Duff with whoever he works when he's not with GNR. :lol:

• Haha 1

Are expectations so high on an Axl/Slash/Duff GN'R record that to Axl it just comes off as a headache and an unreachable quality needed for the album to be praised?  Therefore, why bother?  Chinese Democracy has some fantastic songs on it but that album is always going to just be a source of tension and split opinion.

When was the last critically and fan acclaimed Metallica album?  Or AC/DC?  Smashing Pumpkins is trying to do more than a reunion tour by making new music with the glory days lineup (except for D'arcy) and I just see their recently released song being belittled.  People want new music from these older bands, but they don't seem to ever like the new music and that's probably because deep down, the new music is not as good as the stuff from heyday.  So why bother?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 1

I think these guys still have something to say, and it won't resemble what they said in 1987.  One of the things I really like about Chinese was that many of the lyrics reflected a more mature point of view.  I hope when new music finally does arrive that they haven't played it safe by trying to recreate something old or attempted to regurgitate the glory days.  With that said, I think Slash has such a distinct point of view in his playing that it will resonate with the original fan base. 

I'm personally excited about this... can't wait for the album to drop in September of 2031 - this is going to be awesome!!!