Slash is Live at the Rainbow with Eddie Trunk

Axl said it before, now Slash confirmed it. They consider doing a new record. Maybe... someday.

I truly believe they even believe what they say. I believe Slash has safed a lot of new riffs and ideas on his phone during the last two years that he consider to use for a possible GNR record. I believe the band sans Axl has jammed on new stuff. Maybe Slash, Duff and Fortus sat down and tried to create something.

At the end it depends on Axl. Maybe after this tour ends for good and everybody is back from what they do outside of Guns (SMKC/ACDC), maybe then they will seriously taking something like new music in consideration. So not before 2021...

• Like 1

Not sure this is indication that a new album will happen anytime soon. All this time spent together over the last few years and still nothing more concrete than a maybe, I don't see how the NITL tour ending and them all doing their separate things will make it more likely.

Clearly the ball is in Axl's court and possibly his focus is going to be AC/DC for a while now. An AXL/DC album will be pretty cool and interesting to hear so it's not all bad but it seems to me it will push any likelihood of a GNR album back a few years and that's if they have an intention to do a traditional album - tour cycle. If they are not interested in another lengthy tour cycle in a few years then who knows?

52 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Not sure this is indication that a new album will happen anytime soon. All this time spent together over the last few years and still nothing more concrete than a maybe, I don't see how the NITL tour ending and them all doing their separate things will make it more likely.

Clearly the ball is in Axl's court and possibly his focus is going to be AC/DC for a while now. An AXL/DC album will be pretty cool and interesting to hear so it's not all bad but it seems to me it will push any likelihood of a GNR album back a few years and that's if they have an intention to do a traditional album - tour cycle. If they are not interested in another lengthy tour cycle in a few years then who knows?

Has it been confirmed that Axl is definitely going to work on an AC/DC album? I will thought it was only guessing?

Those people who suggest the pressure to create a worthy new album forget that Axl singing on a new AC/DC album arguably brings even more pressure with odds against it being a success - purely because Malcolm isn’t there anymore, issues with the drummer and Cliff retired. I’m hoping I’m wrong but the odds don’t seem in their favour - if it’s even happening.

Contrast that against loads of already recorded material and suggestions that new ideas had been worked on (as per Fortus), a new GNR album stands to fare much better in those circumstances. Just my opinion!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Chinese Democracy has some fantastic songs on it but that album is always going to just be a source of tension and split opinion.

when an album has fantastic songs on it, usually people from all directions of life end up enjoying it, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

When was the last critically and fan acclaimed Metallica album?  Or AC/DC?  Smashing Pumpkins is trying to do more than a reunion tour by making new music with the glory days lineup (except for D'arcy) and I just see their recently released song being belittled.  People want new music from these older bands, but they don't seem to ever like the new music and that's probably because deep down, the new music is not as good as the stuff from heyday.  So why bother?

Metallica's last two albums have been very well-received from a fan and critic standpoint. I'm also fairly sure AC/DC's last several albums have been well-liked too.

Edited by MildlyArtistic
Formatted it terribly on my phone
  • Like 3

Just speculating but axl/dc is a definete. Considering the amount of time angus has joined guns on stage for a few songs the relationship between angus and axl seems very good. I still think poor brian got the shit end of the stick with being let go from ac/dc but maybe there were other going on in  the ac/dc camp we are not privy to. I agree with alfonzo, axls mind will be on the remaing guns shows and sneaking to do vocals for an ac/dc album. Release would be next year with tour which if the usual tour cycle its a good 2 year unless angus cuts the cycle down because this would almost have to be the last ac/dc tour. Personally i think rock  or bust should have been the last tour and a final goodbye to the fans. There is nothing to stop axl recording on the road with the gnr band sending him music and ideas via pro tools. Would save any uncomfortable vibes from 91 resurfacing again if axl can listen to ideas without any distractions. But 2021/early 2022 would have to be the earliest, but i think would be an ep 5 or 6 songs at the most as a dip in the water. 

I hope if gnr do another album izzy will also be a guest writer. I always picture he has a tape at home with masking tape across that says "GNR music and some lyrics".

Edited by Sydney Fan

32 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Metallica's last two albums have been very well-received from a fan and critic standpoint. I'm also fairly sure AC/DC's last several albums have been well-liked too.

Hardwired got great critics, and is well accepted by crowds. One third of setlist is made by sobgs from it and people want to hear yet unppayed live ones.

ACDC' s Black Ice peaked No1 in 29 county with positive critics...

Rock or Burst hit top 5 in 24 country...

Not bad for old guys 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

It's a little concerning to me that he says he got the Guns n Roses songs out of his system :lol:

Yeah.. I have followed all of Slash's en-devours since Guns but I still want to see him play a handful of Guns songs during his solo shows. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Just speculating but axl/dc is a definete. Considering the amount of time angus has joined guns on stage for a few songs the relationship between angus and axl seems very good. I still think poor brian got the shit end of the stick with being let go from ac/dc but maybe there were other going on in  the ac/dc camp we are not privy to. I agree with alfonzo, axls mind will be on the remaing guns shows and sneaking to do vocals for an ac/dc album. Release would be next year with tour which if the usual tour cycle its a good 2 year unless angus cuts the cycle down because this would almost have to be the last ac/dc tour. Personally i think rock  or bust should have been the last tour and a final goodbye to the fans. There is nothing to stop axl recording on the road with the gnr band sending him music and ideas via pro tools. Would save any uncomfortable vibes from 91 resurfacing again if axl can listen to ideas without any distractions. But 2021/early 2022 would have to be the earliest, but i think would be an ep 5 or 6 songs at the most as a dip in the water. 

I hope if gnr do another album izzy will also be a guest writer. I always picture he has a tape at home with masking tape across that says "GNR music and some lyrics".

Not to turn this into an AC/DC chat, but when I saw AC/DC with Brian Johnson in 2015, it was obvious that he was mailing it in with his performance. Prior to that, I saw AC/DC twice before and the performances were much better. For the 2015 show, he was going through the motions and the band was lethargic to say the least. When Axl sang, the band had much more energy to their performance. It seemed more like the 2000 and 2009 shows that I went to. 

I'm not sure if Brian's hearing was the cause, but the band just didn't perform well in 2015. Axl rejuvenated AC/DC.  

• Like 1

well we got the slash interview we wanted as far as im concerned. what could he say, really, other than what he shared here? pretty cool tidbits from the past as well. seems like slash is gonna stay very busy in the next year and a half. hopefully axl will keep himself busy as well with ac/dc maybe after that guns will get together in a studio. I believe slash when he says

they've talked about it and want to do another album. not soon, but it keeps me hopeful there might be a future for guns.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Not to turn this into an AC/DC chat, but when I saw AC/DC with Brian Johnson in 2015, it was obvious that he was mailing it in with his performance. Prior to that, I saw AC/DC twice before and the performances were much better. For the 2015 show, he was going through the motions and the band was lethargic to say the least. When Axl sang, the band had much more energy to their performance. It seemed more like the 2000 and 2009 shows that I went to. 

I'm not sure if Brian's hearing was the cause, but the band just didn't perform well in 2015. Axl rejuvenated AC/DC.  

I saw AC/DC on that last tour with Brian and thought it was phenomenal. 

• Like 2