Slash is Live at the Rainbow with Eddie Trunk

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

well we got the slash interview we wanted as far as im concerned. what could he say, really, other than what he shared here? pretty cool tidbits from the past as well. seems like slash is gonna stay very busy in the next year and a half. hopefully axl will keep himself busy as well with ac/dc maybe after that guns will get together in a studio. I believe slash when he says

they've talked about it and want to do another album. not soon, but it keeps me hopeful there might be a future for guns.

This is not the Slash interview I wanted, I can tell you that. With respect to new GN'R material, this Slash interview is no different than the same interviews Fortus has been giving since about 2002.

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

This is not the Slash interview I wanted, I can tell you that. With respect to new GN'R material, this Slash interview is no different than the same interviews Fortus has been giving since about 2002.

considering what we know, you know... that it's basically axl's call when it comes to new material and how tight lipped the band is, what do you want slash to say? I don't think there's much else to share? 

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

considering what we know, you know... that it's basically axl's call when it comes to new material and how tight lipped the band is, what do you want slash to say? I don't think there's much else to share? 

If he were really part of the band, he could probably say more. He comes off as more or less on equal footing with Fortus which is a real bummer, at least to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

If he were really part of the band, he could probably say more. He comes off as more or less on equal footing with Fortus which is a real bummer, at least to me.

he is part of the band, it just seems to me that if you choose to believe what he says here, slash is basically saying they all want to do it. I think he's not saying what we all want to hear and that can be disappointing but it sounds like there's a bunch of things they want to do first which is, to me, understandable. even if I would have loved them to finish the guns tour and straight to the studio. realistically, I think axl is gonna do ac/dc and how can I blame him, that's a huge thing for him it seems, slash is gonna do con which is fair cause he wanted to finish what he started, and only then they will perhaps pull the trigger on it.

and I don't believe it's the same as with the previous line up when they've talked about new material. with slash and duff in the band again maybe axl will want to release another album more compared to when bumble and dj were in the band.

Edited by Rovim
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

he is part of the band, it just seems to me that if you choose to believe what he says here, slash is basically saying they all want to do it. I think he's not saying what we all want to hear and that can be disappointing but it sounds like there's a bunch of things they want to do first which is, to me, understandable. even if I would have loved them to finish the guns tour and straight to the studio. realistically, I think axl is gonna do ac/dc, slash is gonna do con, and only then they will perhaps pull the trigger on it.

and I don't believe it's the same as with the previous line up when they've talked about material. with slash and duff in the band again maybe axl will want to release another album more compared to when bumble and dj were in the band.

I agree with you on this. Another thing I think about is why would Axl have played Slash and Duff a few songs he had if there wasn’t any thoughts of making new music ? In regards to the interview the studio is where problems usually appear with Axl so maybe Slash is just being cautious with what he says with new music. I think there will be new music with one last world tour to support it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

he is part of the band, it just seems to me that if you choose to believe what he says here, slash is basically saying they all want to do it. I think he's not saying what we all want to hear and that can be disappointing but it sounds like there's a bunch of things they want to do first which is, to me, understandable. even if I would have loved them to finish the guns tour and straight to the studio. realistically, I think axl is gonna do ac/dc and how can I blame him, that's a huge thing for him it seems, slash is gonna do con which is fair cause he wanted to finish what he started, and only then they will perhaps pull the trigger on it.

and I don't believe it's the same as with the previous line up when they've talked about new material. with slash and duff in the band again maybe axl will want to release another album more compared to when bumble and dj were in the band.

The only proof we have is what Slash said, which again, is exactly the same thing Fortus has been saying since 2002

I think this was an okay interview but comes off as being a little generic. Slash is obviously doing this just to get a little hype/promo for the record, which is understandable. He definitely was answering carefully on the Guns questions. I really hope one day, we see some new music. It seems to me that everything is going good and smooth so they are not worried about recording new material with each other. They probably don't want anything to rock the cash boat that is GN'R.

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Without a new album it's either back to Vegas N' Weddings or a co-headlining tour with another nostalgia act.

Yeah right. They can tour on the GNR name alone without ever releasing something new. They'll easily do 15,000 plus still in the States in bigger markets and even more overseas. The only people clamoring for new music are the dorks like us who analyze cell phone clips of The General. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Didn’t @downzy say he had heard there were ‘activities’ or something happening in the background?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? So only albums that are wildly popular have good songs on them?

How odd. I've never heard anyone say sales = quality when it comes to any sort of art.

i didnt mention sales

i mentioned people enjoying songs

"fantastic songs"?

expose people to "fantastic songs" and the will enjoy them

Guns N Roses is Axls band and it's management are all Axls people and he doesn't seem to have any idea were he is leading it to. 

He tried to get Nu Guns to work but I think he had little support. Managers wanted the reunion, session musicians wanted a pay check, CD was more miss than hit. 

It's sounds like the reunion is baby steps. A few dates first, then a US leg and so on and so on. 

Sounds like they're all interested in new music at some point. But even Axl isn't in a position to say it's happening. 

I'm sure they have discussed new music and have ideas but can't commit to anything right now due to SMKC/ACDC and the final NITL dates. 

I'm sure they'll keep in touch and decide what to do next, if anything.

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i didnt mention sales

i mentioned people enjoying songs

"fantastic songs"?

expose people to "fantastic songs" and the will enjoy them

Ah, OK in that case yeah Chinese Democracy has a lot of songs that a lot of people worldwide find to be fantastic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ah, OK in that case yeah Chinese Democracy has a lot of songs that a lot of people worldwide find to be fantastic. 

yeah believe you but my experience tells otherwise

i never met one single person that enjoys that album outside of this forum

i meet people all the time from all walks of life that enjoy gnr albums

some of them enjoy it a lot

47 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Yeah right. They can tour on the GNR name alone without ever releasing something new. They'll easily do 15,000 plus still in the States in bigger markets and even more overseas. The only people clamoring for new music are the dorks like us who analyze cell phone clips of The General. 

At ticket prices edging 150+ euros per show (plus travelling, food, drinks, merch, commodation, day off etc.) and given the sound issues they had i.e. in Berlin I doubt they gonna sell the same product twice to the same audience. Unless they become hot shit and relevant again I doubt they ever gonna play 50.000+ venues ever again that are not Rio or eastern Europe.

The whole thing makes far more sense if you distill the reunion to what it essentially is: Slash and Duff have been recruited by Axl to play x number of dates. The reunion did not entail a resumption of 1985-93 band relations, with full democratic voting rights and creative input. Slash's main band was always going to be The Conspirators.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The whole thing makes far more sense if you distill the reunion to what it essentially is: Slash and Duff have been recruited by Axl to play x number of dates. The reunion did not entail a resumption of 1985-93 band relations, with full democratic voting rights and creative input. Slash's main band was always going to be The Conspirators.

Yep. This is just another version of new Guns, although with less enthusiastic players. 

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yep. This is just another version of new Guns, although with less enthusiastic players. 

Less enthusiastic but far superior. Now imagine they were enthusiastic, that would even cast new Guns in a more negative light.

Besides, the negative aspects of this reunion are beside Axls voice mainly Frank and Fortus.

Edited by Free Bird