Singer/Producer SHOOTER JENNINGS says that he is "DOING AN ALBUM ON DUFF MCKAGAN"

ludurigan

drea_de_matteo_ass_grab_D7oQBVG.jpg

By that it seems like he means that he is "PRODUCING" an album "BY" Duff Mckagan

Well at least that's what i understood from this:

In addition to his own records, Jennings loves getting to sit behind the glass while producing other artists. "I love doing records on people. I'm working with Marilyn Manson on a project right now, and a lot of cool people. I'm doing a record on Duff McKagan from Guns N' Roses, so I'm getting into a lot of L.A. people that are pretty cool. With all the other things I was doing, being able to go straight country was a lot of fun."

SOURCE = https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8468362/shooter-jennings-premieres-drunk-talks-hank-williams-jr-influence

Shooter has played live with both Slash and Duff (see videos below)

===

three videos of basically VR with Shooter replacing Scott. Yes, it is Slash, Duff, Matt Sorum AND DAVE KUSHNER with Shooter Jennings at Club Vodka in LA June 27th 2002

he was also on the sundance thing in 2003

apparently he almost sang for VR = http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/shooter-jennings-claims-he-was-offered-velvet-revolver-job-twice/

and he has toured with duff in the past

his band, Stargunn (in which he played piano and sang vocals), created quite a bit of buzz, touring with Duff McKagan and winding up on Music Connection magazine’s list of the 100 hottest unsigned artists for 2001 (https://www.thedailytimes.com/entertainment/a-return-to-form-after-cerebral-sounds-of-countach-shooter/article_01f06b77-059a-5de1-92fe-b951e73bc08d.html)

Edited by ludurigan

What a strange manner of speaking "doing an album on Duff." I thought it was a biographical concept album about Duff when I first read the thread title, lol.

I wonder how Shooter would manage in this conversation:

Cool news though:headbang:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

@Fitha_whiskey @ludurigan, I don't know much more than anyone else. It's still early in the process. Shooter is constantly touring and Duff has been too. If Shooter drops any knowledge on me and tells me I can share it I'll let you know. 

I'm pretty interested to hear what he's doing with Manson too. Shooter has an album called Countach and Manson and him do a cover of Cat People on it, in my opinion it's the best Manson has sounded in years. They're an oddly good team.  

• Thanks 1

Have to say I've been interested in Shooter from the periphery mainly because of his parents, Waylon and Jesse Colter.  But he is a solid musician in his own right.  He played his dad in the Johnny cash bio pic Walk the Line.  Had a funny line when Johnny asked him why he hadn't paid the phone bill to which he answered "insufficient fundalation"

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Have to say I've been interested in Shooter from the periphery mainly because of his parents, Waylon and Jesse Colter.  But he is a solid musician in his own right.  He played his dad in the Johnny cash bio pic Walk the Line.  Had a funny line when Johnny asked him why he hadn't paid the phone bill to which he answered "insufficient fundalation"

Shooter is and will always be my number 2 right behind Axl. 

Have you listened to Black Ribbons?