GN'R Central Podcast, Episode 72 w/ RussTCB (NEW YouTube Channel)

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Had a GREAT time talking with @sidman69 on Episode 72 of GN'R Central's podcast yesterday. We covered a really wide variety of topics, then eventually moved on to current events. 

It's a long episode, but that's because I ramble easily lol:

Thanks Russ for coming on! Also guys just a reminder I have moved to a new channel for the time being so please subscribe to the new channel (Same channel as Russ's interview)!

• Like 2

@RussTCB seriously man, you could ramble like this for DAYS! and you are absolutely spot on. it's so ridiculous to watch all the current events and I kind of envy that you can express it that way, because I'm hopelessly bad at expressing things vocally :D

edit: haha, you used the Josey Wales quote used in Better Gone! Don't Piss On My Back and Tell Me It's Raining!

Edited by zombux
  • Thanks 1

Another great one guys. Im fairly convinced GNR has a lot more awareness then they are letting on - to say the least. I was sad to realize recently just how young Alfred is. I ask myself how can he be so jaded already? But encouragement from the GNR camp, by silently allowing it or otherwise, goes a long way in explaining the depth and intensity of his motivation.

"You Are Handling This Wrong; The Guns N' Roses Story" lol, good one Russ! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

If Axl ever decides to to an in depth interview, it should be with these guys. Just schedule a call, sit down behind the computer and shoot the shit freely and uncensored, that would gain him about ten million coolness points in my book.

honestly, at this point all has already become a meh. they absolutely missed the right window to do anything, and now it's just not even funny.

1 hour ago, zombux said:

honestly, at this point all has already become a meh. they absolutely missed the right window to do anything, and now it's just not even funny.

I'm on the fence about the time frame. If Team Brazil are trying to work with YouTube, it could take some take to get something done. 

Having said that, I remain puzzled by how it could possibly be hard to give us a solid yes or no on whether or not they've been working with the two people in question. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

What puzzles me is why GnR would suddenly want to take down bootlegs now. This stuff, if I'm not mistaken, has been on youtube and shared in online communities for years and no one seemed to be bothered by it until now.

The CD leaks were another matter. There I can totally understand that an artist may not want "new" unreleased material to leak.

But bootlegs of live shows and old demos? Why now?

• Like 4

Fucking cool and youre right on !! I hope guns makes a statement, against this bullshit !! this has to end !!! 

the last part, i am right up with you guys !! make a goddamn guns set list, we don't care if it doesn't sound like the 90' 

if that was the case we would not buy tickets !!!!! 

We all love Gn'R music thats why we are here !!! The music was never perfect, but at least it was real !! It learned us to take a stand en don't let anybody fuck with you !!

Now Guns has to do it for us..............

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What puzzles me is why GnR would suddenly want to take down bootlegs now. This stuff, if I'm not mistaken, has been on youtube and shared in online communities for years and no one seemed to be bothered by it until now.

The CD leaks were another matter. There I can totally understand that an artist may not want "new" unreleased material to leak.

But bootlegs of live shows and old demos? Why now?

Well they, Uzi Suicide LLC, have been pulling stuff down for years, it is just that since the boxset the pull downs have increased exponentially. I theorised that they looked to pull all of the boxset stuff down, Sound City etc., and realised there was all of this other stuff and that sort of galvanized them into action, that they were alerted to all of this other stuff.

Seriously, bollocks to this band if this is their policy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well they, Uzi Suicide LLC, have been pulling stuff down for years, it is just that since the boxset the pull downs have increased exponentially. I theorised that they looked to pull all of the boxset stuff down, Sound City etc., and realised there was all of this other stuff and that sort of galvanized them into action, that they were alerted to all of this other stuff.

Seriously, bollocks to this band if this is their policy. 

I don't know, it's hard for me to believe that they hadn't taken notice of all this stuff being shared all these years and they realised it now. I think even Axl made some comments onstage like "you've seen me on youtube saying that about Bon Jovi back in the day" etc.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, it's hard for me to believe that they hadn't taken notice of all this stuff being shared all these years and they realised it now. I think even Axl made some comments onstage like "you've seen me on youtube saying that about Bon Jovi back in the day" etc.

As I said, Uzi has been pulling them down for years. 

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Because the problem was finally identified Friday afternoon.  People that would get involved (lawyers, PR, label reps, etc.) take weekends off.  

There are also issues as to how certain individuals might have gained access to accounts that would grant them the ability to enforce copyright.  Until that can be completely determined we're not likely to get any kind of official comment. 

From my understanding access to these accounts by potential bad actors was something unaware to the upper echelons of GNR and management.  It's also my understanding that the impacted LLC used to pull YouTube videos and enforce copyright has been shut down.  

Again, all of this was identified late Friday.  We should allow the band and its various functionaries time to fully understand the problem and work with partners to plot out a course that best serves them and the fans.  Keep in mind that there are potential civil and criminal violations here and any legal representation worth his or her salt would advise their client to remain quiet until potential legal actions have been investigated and launched.

So let's all have a little patience and give the appropriate parties time to sort out what  happened and what's to be done.  

I do get that, that's why the first thing I was clarifying for everyone is that I remain on the fence about the turnaround time. 

I know you're aware of this, but I (along with you and everyone else I'm sure) am just hoping for as fast of a resolution as possible to this whole situation.