GN'R Central Podcast, Episode 72 w/ RussTCB (NEW YouTube Channel)

9 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Back in the day, this guy tried arguing with me that "Every Rose Has A Thorn" was a Guns N' Roses song.

He argued with me until he was blue in the face.

I was like nah dude, that's Poison. 

I'm still mad about it.

Haha. Same thing happened to me in high school (91-93)- except it was with one of the prettiest girls in the whole class.

Decisions... decisions... :lol:

24 minutes ago, cineater said:

I don't think anybody can help here.  The band can't give permission for any copyrighted material to be used by individuals.  Youtube, even if it is/was aware the reporter was a fraud is now aware there is copyrighted material on the channel and thus can't unblock lost stuff.  And you folks who committed a crime are unable to go to the real authorities, the law, because while idle threats are low priority, you just confessed to a crime and can be booked right now.

Is there a solution I'm missing?  I'm sorry for anybody's lost or feeling like your security is at risk but give it sometime, make it less public and enjoy what you do.

Seems like you might want to be far more informed about the situation before accusing people who posted videos to YouTube of committing a crime.  As people like @FRANSAD have explained several times, UMG had monotized many of their videos. That was all fine and good until people falsely claiming to represent Team Brazil and Guns N' Roses starting getting the videos pulled down and committing the actual crime of threatening families. 

edit-
Also, the threats that have been made are anything but "idle". Saying things like "if you care about your kids" and doing things like giving out the home address and phone numbers to an elderly persons home are anything but idle. That seems pretty obvious to me, but I guess it needed further explaining.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A crime? 

Rubbish.

I was talking about the Vegas show mostly.  But is everybody sure everything they posted on youtube is not involation of copyright?  Just because they turned their heads before or were lax in enforcement doesn't mean they won't do an about face.  Doesn't mean somebody making an issue of it and making demands won't put it in their face and force an action you really don't want.  Personally, I don't have the funds to get into legal battles.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was talking about the Vegas show mostly.  But is everybody sure everything they posted on youtube is not involation of copyright?  Just because they turned their heads before or were lax in enforcement doesn't mean they won't do an about face.  Doesn't mean somebody making an issue of it and making demands won't put it in their face and force an action you really don't want.  Personally, I don't have the funds to get into legal battles.

Nobody is going to convince me that unreleased footage, much of it monetised by UMG, that is there to raise the profile of and proliferate the band is a ''crime''.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Again, it's been explained previously several times that these videos weren't being allowed because UMG "turned their heads before". They were allowed because UMG was making money off of these videos. 

And again, the videos being taken down isn't even the point of the whole situation now. The situation now is that the videos were taken down by people who had no right to do so and they were able to get it done by falsly claming to work for Team Brazil and Guns N' Roses. In addition, now we're to the point where they made very real threats to family members of other GN'R fans.

Exactly.

I agree with RussTCB.

Those people making threats and taking things down that made the band money are the pathetic sides of life.  The should realize that you can't play God without creating and ending up in hell.  If they are being threatening towards people they should remember everything is traceable nowadays and it is a stupid decision to threaten someone in any form.  Especially when it is because they didnt get their own way.  There is enough garbage and chaos in the world.  No reason to create more.  Seems like a pathetic operation to me, that they see fit to go about things like this with something that everyone is supposed to love.  Makes me kind of not want to be involved with the band I've loved since I was a 9 year old kid in 1991 hearing them on the radio and wondering who played that guitar solo which ended up being slash in november rain.

• Like 1

i finally got around to having a listen.

one important thing you mentioned was that no one is being threatened over YT videos, that was down to a deal gone wrong.

a lot of people seem to be missing that point.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, donny said:

i finally got around to having a listen.

one important thing you mentioned was that no one is being threatened over YT videos, that was down to a deal gone wrong.

a lot of people seem to be missing that point.

At this point, I think the people "missing the point" are doing so on purpose in an attempt to keep shifting focus away from the actual problem.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

At this point, I think the people "missing the point" are doing so on purpose in an attempt to keep shifting focus away from the actual problem.

I was mostly informed about the events through the letter you wrote. And when I read the letter I did get the impression that people are threatened because of YT videos, not because of some trading. Just look at this sentence: "What started as some YouTube videos taken down has now escalated far past that, TWICE. People are having their families threatened over this!" One cannot blame people, or the GN'R camp, for getting the wrong impression when reading that sentence.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I was mostly informed about the events through the letter you wrote. And when I read the letter I did get the impression that people are threatened because of YT videos, not because of some trading. Just look at this sentence: "What started as some YouTube videos taken down has now escalated far past that, TWICE. People are having their families threatened over this!" One cannot blame people, or the GN'R camp, for getting the wrong impression when reading that sentence.

"People are having their families threatened over this!" gave you the impression this is just about YouTube videos? 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

"People are having their families threatened over this!" gave you the impression this is just about YouTube videos? 

Yes, because the immediate sentence before that was "What started as some YouTube videos taken down has now escalated far past that, TWICE." It implies to me that the threats are connected to YT videos. And I wouldn't be surprised if other people interpreted it similarly. I am not saying it explicitly says so, just that it is a plausible conclusion to draw based on those two sentences, and as far as I can remember, there is nothing else in the letter that clears that up. In a sense it will only help to incite a response from GN'R, because now it is possible they understand the case to be some rogue people not only taking down videos o the behalf of GN'R, but implying threats while doing it, too.

What I am saying is that this is a complicated story, and it is easy to convolute the issues based on only reading your letter. 

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I guess I should clarify a couple of things; in the time since the letter was posted, Team Brazil was given the exact details of everything to do with what this is about. They were given proof of the theats made towards families and who they were made by. They were also given proof that they people making the threats are doing so while claiming to represent Team Brazil and Guns N' Roses. So whether or not they read the entire letter where it's made clear that the threats are the problem, they have since been brought 100% up to speed on everything.

Second, when I said "people missing the point are doing so on purpose" I was referring to people who've come here to post the idea that posting YouTube videos online is a crime but threatening families is not. IMO, there's just no way someone can actually believe that, yet they came here and posted it as if that's their belief. 

Threats are a serious matter and deserve the most attention.

As far as YouTube crime, it’s only a crime to be taken seriously if UMG/GNR decide to litigate the matter (which they won’t outside of a simple C&D). Otherwise it is nothing that would or should dissuade from reporting online threats

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Anybody see Tommy Stinson's Most Recent Post on Facebook?

It's funny how this person seems to have come full circle now.

Their entire claim to "fame" originally was impersonating Izzy.

Then they moved on the just plain trolling as many communities as possible which got them banned from pretty much everywhere except a forum that is largely populated by one person with an insane amount of alt accounts.

Then they moved on to crossing every imaginable standard of decency by threatening people's families.

Now they're back to making a sad attempt at impersonating a former GN'R member due to being so desperate for attention.

• Like 3

Hello. First time I've posted on here.

But usually just read alot of the posts

But it struck a chord about what Russ said about CD being his favourite GNR album.... First I was horrified but realised I hadn't listend to it in full for well over 8 years. So thought fuck it... let's give it another bash in its entirety.

Needless to say it's still not my favourite(uyi1 is my personal choice) 

But it's alot better than I remember.

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's funny how this person seems to have come full circle now.

Their entire claim to "fame" originally was impersonating Izzy.

Then they moved on the just plain trolling as many communities as possible which got them banned from pretty much everywhere except a forum that is largely populated by one person with an insane amount of alt accounts.

Then they moved on to crossing every imaginable standard of decency by threatening people's families.

Now they're back to making a sad attempt at impersonating a former GN'R member due to being so desperate for attention.

They were banned from there too for a long time

1 hour ago, zombux said:

it's also (not exclusively, but also) because the place is full of those loser's alternate nicks.

What a bummer. Nightrain is just another in a long line of things that could've been so cool for GNR fans but got fucked up royally. 

• Like 3