Poll: Should Guns N' Roses release the remix album this November to coincide with CD's 10th Anniversary?

Make your opinion heard.  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ten years ago, Guns N' Roses released the unpopular and divisive album named Chinese Democracy.

One year later in 2009, Brain talked about doing remixes of that album:

"Axl is really interested in having everybody bring what they do into the picture. I just did a remix of "Shackler's Revenge" — made it kind of more club. And I think he wants to put out a remix album of some of the other songs we did."

In 2014, Axl confirmed to Revolver Magazine a remix album of Chinese Democracy is on the way:

“We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out,” Rose said in an interview with Revolver. “We’ve worked more on some of those things and we’ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call the second half of Chinese. That’s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That’s been done for a while, too.”

And as of this date, Guns N' Roses have performed more than half of Chinese Democracy during the reunion tour with Slash and Duff McKagen.

-

The way I look at it, I could not think of a better way to not only release the remix album but also to re-release Chinese Democracy just the way Axl wanted it to be released.

In addition to this, GN'R are back on the charts with "Shadow Of Your Love" and could keep the momentum going by releasing a new song from the Chinese Democracy era.

latest?cb=20110621012059

Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Ten years ago, Guns N' Roses released the unpopular and divisive album named Chinese Democracy.

In 2014, Axl confirmed to Revolver Magazine a remix album of Chinese Democracy is on the way:

And as of this date, Guns N' Roses have performed more than half of Chinese Democracy during the reunion tour with Slash and Duff McKagen.

-

The way I look at it, I could not think of a better way to not only release the remix album but also to re-release Chinese Democracy just the way Axl wanted it to be released.

In addition to this, GN'R are back on the charts with "Shadow Of Your Love" and could keep the momentum going by releasing a new song from the Chinese Democracy era.

latest?cb=20110621012059

Thoughts?

Maybe a compilation of stuff maybe as a soundtrack album like DC did with Iron Man 2?

Hits n new stuff

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

Maybe a compilation of stuff maybe as a soundtrack album like DC did with Iron Man 2?

Hits n new stuff

Not necessarly. It could be only an Apple Music deal.

But the association of the GN'R name wih a movie like The Predator, Venom or Halloween could work great.

Looking forward for the new Terminator next year.

• Like 1

Those remixes, while they’re really good IMO, have nothing to do with the current state of GNR (reunion, huge tour, new lineup, etc). They shouln’t be released for that reason, atleast not at this time. Unfortunately the CD era didn’t end the way we wanted it to end, it makes no sense to release any of that stuff know. In my head, they’ll have to wait until GNR ends. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Not necessarly. It could be only an Apple Music deal.

But the association of the GN'R name wih a movie like The Predator, Venom or Halloween could work great.

Looking forward for the new Terminator next year.

Not enough time to do a song for the Terminator movie? Then basically throw rockers on to it. 

Get Jackie Chan on the next Jackie Chan movie. Rush Hour Infinity. 

It does seem GNR to wait until big money offers come in from Apple for a cd. 

Amazon Exclusive. Scott Bevos can make it happen!

but go back to my vision. A “7” track album of 10 minute epics. That’s basically what GNR can add to the landscape.

Nov Rain, Coma, Estranged, Locomotive, Breakdown, There was a Time, Catcher in the Rye - that kind of material with even longer guitar solos. 

Edited by wasted

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

Not enough time to do a song for the Terminator movie? Then basically throw rockers on to it. 

Get Jackie Chan on the next Jackie Chan movie. Rush Hour Infinity. 

It does seem GNR to wait until big money offers come in from Apple for a cd. 

Amazon Exclusive. Scott Bevos can make it happen!

but go back to my vision. A “7” track album of 10 minute epics. That’s basically what GNR can add to the landscape.

Nov Rain, Coma, Estranged, Locomotive, Breakdown, There was a Time, Catcher in the Rye - that kind of material with even longer guitar solos. 

For old time's sake, Cameron and Arnold should call Axl and ask him to do a reboot of You Could Be Mine.

Yes you're right, none of the Chinese songs are over seven minutes long because they didn't want a double album.

The band should find a way to release properly those epic songs like The General and Atlas Shrugged, and the best way is to promote the remix album this november.

• Like 1

They can shove it. I don't care about anything past anymore, the only way I ever spend money on this band ever again is NEW MUSIC. And by this I don't mean remixes or re-releases of old material. I will also not attend any more shows unless they come up with at least a handful of new songs. No need to top AFD or reinvent the wheel just fucking make an effort.

Edited by adamsapple
typos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

-

latest?cb=20110621012059

Thoughts?

I don't think there'd be many people interested in it at all. It could be a bonus disc at best. But there isn't a big market for a CD re-release either imo. 

Best they could do is put it on iTunes or something. It's the most low-cost option and it'd please some hardcore fans. But other than that I can't imagine it making any real money. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nugnr's Blood on the Dance Floor?

Blood on the Dance Floor had some good cuts iirc. If those leaked Brain and Melissa clips are any indication, the CD remix album appears to be a trainwreck that the label wisely shelved.

Edited by RONIN

12 minutes ago, Creed said:

The remixes are god damn awful. The worst material in GnR history.

So yeah, put it out and kill your idols.

Axl's new vocals on This I Love are his best since the 90's, which is an indisputable fact.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, username said:

I don't think there'd be many people interested in it at all. It could be a bonus disc at best. But there isn't a big market for a CD re-release either imo. 

Best they could do is put it on iTunes or something. It's the most low-cost option and it'd please some hardcore fans. But other than that I can't imagine it making any real money. 

In all fairness, I bet there's a good album that could be culled out of the CD sessions. Far better than what we got in 2008. I still enjoy some of the old demos/live versions from the early 00's. What Axl needs is a great producer to sift through that stuff and re-edit the whole thing. Get Slash, Izzy and Duff to help arrange/re-record and keep as much Buckethead as you can. There's money in nostalgia. Just do it right.

Ditto with Illusions - if the band has that much regret over the way those albums turned out (as they appear to), take your legacy into your own hands and do a 2.0 version with a new mix and bring in Steven and Izzy to  re-record. If Axl can't stomach Adler, have Brain record Adler's work like what he did with Freese on CD. That would absolutely be relevant to the fanbase and generate a mint. 

It's just too bad these guys are in it to turn a quick buck. So many missed opportunities with this band.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I can't understand people who are like, "well, I think the music is shitty so I hope they don't release it" -- despite the fact that that would deny the ones who would enjoy it the pleasure of having it. It is not mere selfishness, it is malicious selfishness. I wonder how Hanlon would describe it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I can't understand people who are like, "well, I think the music is shitty so I hope they don't release it" -- despite the fact that that would deny the ones who would enjoy it the pleasure of having it. It is not mere selfishness, it is malicious selfishness. I wonder how Hanlon would describe it?

I don't think it's about selfishness or denying others new music. The answer is much more simple. If something is (objectively) bad, why put it out in the marketplace? It only sullies the brand further and potentially hurts their commercial prospects down the line. For a band that is clearly interested in generating handsome profits from their fanbase, it just doesn't make fiscal sense.

And as a fan, I really don't need another TSI. Just like I didn't need Terminator 3 or Indiana Jones 4. Sequels that just left a bad taste and sullied the memory of the originals. More is not always better. 

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I don't think it's about selfishness or denying others new music. The answer is much more simple. If something is (objectively) bad

How can it be objectively bad though, when there are people who like it? Personally I like about half of it, but I'm sure there are people who like every song on it.

That being said, I don't care for remix releases, all I am interested in is new music.