Jump to content
Sosso

AC/DC line-up discussion

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Brian Johnson, Angus Young, Phil Rudd, Stevie Young, and a touring musician on bass, will be the lineup for AC/DC.

Ähnliches Foto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Ähnliches Foto

well he is probably looking for a job, lol!  He can get Angus' phone number from Axl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 1:50 PM, El Guapo said:

A new album with Axl would have been very interresting, but oh well. Brian deserves to be the singer for the (final?) album.
Maybe it's better this way. Axl had such a great run on that tour, as things stand now he won't get the opportunity to fuck that up. :D

I don't think the relationship between Axl and Angus is done. I think Angus is probably just doing what he thinks is best for AC/DC and their fans. He wants to wrap AC/DC nicely with a bow at this point. No risky new album with an all new line up, that way he avoids the baggage on any new material "he fired Brian, Axl is stopping Brian from being back in the band" etc, etc. 

Anyway, it's certainly interesting. My bet was that AC/DC was done with Rudd, Axl was the new permanent singer and they were about to make a record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Brian recording a new album & not wanting to tour what would be the point of that ? The way some people are talking its like Axl was the NEW singer for AC/DC. What Axl did was help Angus & the band fulfill the touring commitments that's all it was. I'd imagine Axl's got enough on his hands with Guns. He's probably in a studio somewhere helping to edit a NITL tour Blu Ray. Or helping sort out the "Illusions" box set i doubt touring with AC/DC is at the top of his to do list. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to lend a hand playing with AC/DC if they had a tour they couldn't fulfill but that's all it would be, just helping out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly thought that Angus was going to just move forward with the “new” AC/DC. I figured Brian was ruled out of a major tour and that he was done with Phil. The game has changed big time. There’s no way Brian does the album but not the tour. If Angus intended to use Axl for AC/DC then it would be him on the album. Perhaps the hearing thing is totally under control for Brian now. Phil further legitimizes it so at least AC/DC can go out with the most classic line-up available. Maybe they all spoke at Mal’s funeral about doing it the right way. Who knows. Either way, as curious and excited as I was for an AXL/DC album, I’m glad this is happening for the sake of the band. It’s been a rough few years for Angus and co., so this feels like the right thing to do instead of leaving AC/DC all tits up as it were.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My most accurate guess is that Angus wishes to do something more classic and close to home after the passing of his two brothers in recent times, so he’s going out to find the most original lineup he can possibly get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen reports that Angus has old session tapes of not released songs with Malcolm on rhythm guitar that will be used on a tribute album in Malcolm' s memory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I have seen reports that Angus has old session tapes of not released songs with Malcolm on rhythm guitar that will be used on a tribute album in Malcolm' s memory.  

I don't think that he will be on the whole album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Good question.

 

I hope the rumour is true, because that would be really cool thing to do but just wonder why would Stevie be there if the recording was going to be all Malcolm? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure that Malcolm will only be featured on a couple of tracks. 50/50, so to speak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, James Bond said:

I truly thought that Angus was going to just move forward with the “new” AC/DC. I figured Brian was ruled out of a major tour and that he was done with Phil. The game has changed big time. There’s no way Brian does the album but not the tour. If Angus intended to use Axl for AC/DC then it would be him on the album. Perhaps the hearing thing is totally under control for Brian now. Phil further legitimizes it so at least AC/DC can go out with the most classic line-up available. Maybe they all spoke at Mal’s funeral about doing it the right way. Who knows. Either way, as curious and excited as I was for an AXL/DC album, I’m glad this is happening for the sake of the band. It’s been a rough few years for Angus and co., so this feels like the right thing to do instead of leaving AC/DC all tits up as it were.

For me, it's bittersweet. Hard to argue it isn't the right choice, but difficult to swallow given we've had a taste of what could be. I think, in terms of AC/DC's legacy, an album featuring (Potentially) 4 out of 5 classic members is the right thing to do. But the live shows in recent years have not been great. Brian is a shadow of his former self as a singer (The 2015 leg of Rock Or Bust was good IMO but not great), and Phil has been a lazy drummer since the Stiff Upper Lip tour. The setlists were a lot more exciting with Axl, the band was playing in the original key, and Chris was still nailing it on the drums even at 70 years old.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the sessions with Malcolm are incomplete songs, like ideas, so Stevie is needed there too to add parts?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

For me, it's bittersweet. Hard to argue it isn't the right choice, but difficult to swallow given we've had a taste of what could be. I think, in terms of AC/DC's legacy, an album featuring (Potentially) 4 out of 5 classic members is the right thing to do. But the live shows in recent years have not been great. Brian is a shadow of his former self as a singer (The 2015 leg of Rock Or Bust was good IMO but not great), and Phil has been a lazy drummer since the Stiff Upper Lip tour. The setlists were a lot more exciting with Axl, the band was playing in the original key, and Chris was still nailing it on the drums even at 70 years old.

I just hope Phil brings the same enthusiasm he did on the Ballbreaker Tour when he got a second chance the first time around. Beyond the 2003 gigs he phoned it in big time so it will feel like a step down from Slade if we don’t get the enthusiastic Phil. I have hope - his drumming on the ROB album was definitely refreshed and probably his most fill heavy since Flick of the Switch. Maybe it was the meth. :lol:

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe the sessions with Malcolm are incomplete songs, like ideas, so Stevie is needed there too to add parts?

What do you mean? Stevie already played on and helped Angus bash the songs into shape for the ROB album. Of course he’ll be in the same role again. I’ll just be curious if he gets songwriting credit this time around.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, James Bond said:

What do you mean? Stevie already played on and helped Angus bash the songs into shape for the ROB album. Of course he’ll be in the same role again. I’ll just be curious if he gets songwriting credit this time around.

The article linked above says that the songs will feature Malcom's guitar from those sessions; it's not just about songs co-written by Malcolm. So there was the question why Stevie is there, and I thought that the songs probably are incomplete so Stevie will be needed to add some parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The article linked above says that the songs will feature Malcom's guitar from those sessions; it's not just about songs co-written by Malcolm. So there was the question why Stevie is there, and I thought that the songs probably are incomplete so Stevie will be needed to add some parts.

I missed that article but yes that would change things. I imagine Stevie would still be needed to finish things off. Anything incomplete that can’t just be copied or whatever. It seems weird that Angus wouldn’t have used any of that for ROB though. I’m wondering if the wires got crossed and it was just meant that they will be using Malcolm’s riffs again (but recorded by Stevie). The potential of unreleased Malcolm tracks is incredible though, but it could end up like ROB where Angus takes the riffs from the vault and has Brenden O’Brien and Stevie help polish off the arrangements.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.9.2018 at 4:12 AM, Blackstar said:

The article linked above says that the songs will feature Malcom's guitar from those sessions; it's not just about songs co-written by Malcolm. So there was the question why Stevie is there, and I thought that the songs probably are incomplete so Stevie will be needed to add some parts.

I wonder if this could be the line-up for a new album:

Angus Young  - lead guitar 

Malcolm Young - rhythm guitar 

Stevie Young - bass guitar 

Brian Johnson or Axl Rose - vocals 

Phil Rudd or Chris Slade - drums 

Edited by Sosso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was successful in getting a chance to catch Axl/DC.
What a legendary moment in classic rock?!

Now though, I'm happy that Brian is hopefully back for good. That's the AC/DC we've all known and loved (us fans) since 1980. I am partial to Bon Scott's creativeness/attitude in the band as opposed to Brian, but Brian is a standup guy and has perfectly been the singer for the last 40 years. I hope to catch them on another tour or two before they eventually hang it up. Who knows when Angus will do that... Maybe not until he's dead! I saw a show on the Black Ice tour and then with Axl on the Rock or Bust tour. 

As for the lineup, I'm down with Phil or that nostalgic Donington coolness of Slade, Stevie is a good fill-in (and is family). I will miss Cliff though if he's officially retired. I could see him coming back if Brian is in the mix, along with Phil. I totally understand his want to retire if the band was going to be straying so far from the original lineup. Plus, he's toured with them for a long time. I'd want to relax too.

Edited by Ak1nney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its all gone quiet on the DC front people in the know are hinting too wards Feb/March with what ever is too come 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Its all gone quiet on the DC front people in the know are hinting too wards Feb/March with what ever is too come 

I wonder if angus will retire acdc after whatever album/tour this lineup does and works with axl under a different band name from nowon....or keep the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wonder if angus will retire acdc after whatever album/tour this lineup does and works with axl under a different band name from nowon....or keep the name.

He is 63 still loooooooooads left in the tank im sure he will have other things lined up people just want what ever too drop people are holding back on Hols all sorts for this only time will tell i guess & i my self am holding back £££££ for what ever is too come.

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×