SBD recordings of Axl/DC?

RageKage

7 minutes ago, viruzzz said:

Today I was remembering these, and watching those "short pro shot clips".

Wow... I think we seriously need a DVD of one of those concerts. Considering Axl probably won't sing with ACDC again, that tour was a grear one-of-a-kind wonder, and Axl's voice was on point.

Agreed, the outro on FTATR from September 2nd is Axl at his best, so fucking killer

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

Do we know if there was any demo/pre-recording stuff with Axl in vocals before Brian come back for new album?

As far I'm aware, no unfortunately. I think back in 2017, Angus' idea was to keep Axl as the vocalist, but after Mal died that changed. AC/DC doesn't hit the studio until a album is fully written, so they can record it in about 6 weeks to keep the sound on the album "fresh".

On 12/19/2019 at 6:58 AM, djones1225 said:

As far I'm aware, no unfortunately. I think back in 2017, Angus' idea was to keep Axl as the vocalist, but after Mal died that changed. AC/DC doesn't hit the studio until a album is fully written, so they can record it in about 6 weeks to keep the sound on the album "fresh".

honestly i dont think malcolm passing away was a thing to do with it, he was in bad shape. I think angus realised he had to respect the AC/DC legacy and bring back brian. who knows, he could bring axl back after they give AC/DC fans proper closure, we cant count anything out anymore.

On 19/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, Majestic Beast said:

Do we know if there was any demo/pre-recording stuff with Axl in vocals before Brian come back for new album?

Unlikely, but it's not that out of the question for Axl to be on the rumoured AC/DC record in some capacity, he could easily have recorded vocals in his home studio and sent it to them in Toronto. I would be more interested to hear the results of that ATM, than GNR news.

Edited by Tom2112

• 1 month later...

A long time ago a downloaded the Buffalo show because I was there. The recording just seemed Ok. Last week, I decided to get a physical copy from a Japanese/Asian bootleg site. Even though it was a CD-R pressing, it was a huge upgrade - not sure if this source is circulating.

1 hour ago, cantoms said:

A long time ago a downloaded the Buffalo show because I was there. The recording just seemed Ok. Last week, I decided to get a physical copy from a Japanese/Asian bootleg site. Even though it was a CD-R pressing, it was a huge upgrade - not sure if this source is circulating.

If it's good and you are up for sharing, you might want to consider making a rip of it.

On 20/02/2020 at 9:57 AM, cantoms said:

That was posted on dime in 24 bit

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 4:24 AM, Tom2112 said:

Unlikely, but it's not that out of the question for Axl to be on the rumoured AC/DC record in some capacity, he could easily have recorded vocals in his home studio and sent it to them in Toronto. I would be more interested to hear the results of that ATM, than GNR news.

Vancouver Byran Adams Studio