No more AXL/DC? Looks like AC/DC have reunited with Brian Johnson.

Ace Nova

Please try to understand that this is not a major project. It`s not gonna be a full album and when it comes to touring the best we can hope for is a few shows here and there.

Maybe Angus decide to retire after this but maybe not. If he decide to continue it will be with Axl after this project and after the Not In This Lifetime Tour is over.

Picture sure seems to tell a clear story. If those two are back, I wonder if Cliff is back? Since he described the Axl/DC lineup of AC/DC as being "a changed beast" and said thats why he felt it was time for him to pack it in.

I'm very disappointed as well.  Would have been cool to hear Axl sing on a pure rock record.  I got to see Axl/DC at MSG and the fans were all really into the show and surprised at how good Axl could sing.  The thing that made me want this to happen is the improbability of a new GnR album ever happening.  Happy for Brian though.  He seems like a nice guy and hopefully he goes out on a good note.

• Like 1

I saw that this morning. So I guess I should have gone to see Axl / DC last tour. Looks like that was my only chance. To me, Brian is the real AC/DC singer anyway. Although everything that I saw from Axl was awesome in the videos I watched.

On another note, I guess this means that we will see Guns get back together earlier than planned. So this could be a good thing. I was thinking Slash would do a full World Tour with SMKC, while Axl/DC recorded or toured. But I guess not. This world of gn'r is always so unpredictable.

• Like 1

This is simple. Brian is not able to do a full tour and he is also sick of touring. Axl want to tour and he is also fit for it.

But let Brian sing for his fans one last time.

AC/DC fans loves Brian just as much as Guns`n`Roses fans loves Axl.

23 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Good!  AC/DC should be with Brian Johnson.

Axl should stick with GNR, and a new record with Slash n Duff.

Yeah especially when slash is in SMKC now and they won't do any new music till the end of SMKC tour. Axl/DC album was the fastest and safest way to hear current Axl in studio. 

But I hope he will, and that he will improve his vocals for GnR like he did for AC/DC

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1

if they do an ac/DC record, Brian on vocals is a logical and good decision. axl making guest appearance or contributing to a song as a writer would be great to listen to.

if Angus wants to to something with axl, or the other way around, the result would not be ac/dc and would better be labelled as a separate project cause axl would not give up creative control of the music but in ac/dc Angus is the boss. even axl is a fan of ac dc, i dont think he will do a full record as a hired gun.

additionally, I don't think Angus takes the risk that the album vocalist is only available sporadically. the axl/dc thing was a great and surprising trek, but it also was possible or fitted in the schedule at that time. this ain't likely the case the next 2 years. at least I hope that axl will somehow occupied with gnr.

whatever is going on in Vancouver I look goddamn forward to the product

Fair enough. Axl did a great job helping the band out to finish a tour they had already booked when their own lead singer got ill. Now Brian is taking back his place in AC/DC and Axl hopefully has more time and energy for GNR. As both bands and their respective fanbases will most likely remain on good terms with each other, I suppose that might open the door to a co-headlining tour with two legendary bands and a crazy good crowd of rock fans. Everybody wins.

I'm just hoping GNR gets a performance of the magnitude Axl delivered in AC/DC. The fact he nailed that gig yet keeps going through the motions in his own band makes you wonder what the fuck is wrong with that dude. Whatever his issues might be, the AC/DC gig proved singing like a motherfucker sure isn't one of them.