No more AXL/DC? Looks like AC/DC have reunited with Brian Johnson.

Ace Nova

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t know, this sounds pretty rough. Objectively I do think Axl is better suited to this song now than Brian is.

They're tuned a half step down from the original recording and he's still not hitting the right notes a good deal of the time. Axl was nailing the stuff in standard tuning. I reckon Brian could still sound ok if they just do a short run of shows and have the best technology available for him to hear himself without risking further damage. I'd love to hear Axl do more stuff with the band (or even something else with Angus) but at the same time it'd be nice for Beano to get a proper farewell.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

I wonder if that album would be a farewell for Brian and Phil or AC/DC? 

This is a very good question.

Is this the end of AC∕DC ?

Brian will probably sing for the last time and we have to wait and see if Angus want to continue with Axl and if so will that be AC∕DC or some supergroup?.

• Like 2

Just now, shocker said:

Brian will probably sing for the last time and we have to wait and see if Angus want to continue with Axl and if so will that be AC∕DC or some supergroup?.

Angus seems to the be on a mission to continue AC/DC as long as possible, due to the wish of his brother Mal. I think that he will tour until the age 70, 75. But honestly, who knows. Everything is possible now.

4 hours ago, shocker said:

Axl should concentrate on GnR he won't be part of AC⚡DC if BJ is back on board and that's the way it should be ,all this talk of Axl and Angus doing something is ridiculous, Axl and Slash should be doing new music and hopefully that will happen in the next year .AC⚡DC will be best advised to keep Axl out of the studio we know what a control freak he is with Chinese Democracy taking nearly 14 years to come out.Angus and co will have their album finished in 3 months no messing around with 20 producer's and hiring and firing multiple guitarists.

Edited by Bass Demom

11 hours ago, Bass Demom said:

Axl should concentrate on GnR he won't be part of AC⚡DC if BJ is back on board and that's the way it should be ,all this talk of Axl and Angus doing something is ridiculous, Axl and Slash should be doing new music and hopefully that will happen in the next year .AC⚡DC will be best advised to keep Axl out of the studio we know what a control freak he is with Chinese Democracy taking nearly 14 years to come out.Angus and co will have their album finished in 3 months no messing around with 20 producer's and hiring and firing multiple guitarists.

Doubt that would happen with ACDC. It's not his band. 

Ill be actually glad if AxlDC never happens tbh, of course I want to listen to new Axl vocals but do I want it to be AC/DC? Nah, i rather have him do GNR or a solo project than doing something that will never be his own and that he'll be criticized for the rest of his life. 

AC/DC needs to finish their legacy as the band their fans supported all these years, it would be as disrespectful as NuGNR to end one of the last and most loved rock n roll bands out there with some random aliens like Axl and a new bass player.

And Axl isnt getting any younger either, its time to focus on what really maters. It's GNR or burst. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

I mean they’ve always looked pretty rough as it is but I will say that Phil looks a little better now than he did just after his arrest. At that time he was totally unrecognizable. Now he looks like I’d expect an older Phil to look.

Also interesting that there’s nothing from Cliff yet. My instinct tells me he’s there but who knows. Maybe he’s really staying true to his retirement.

37 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Looks like the guys just go outside for smoking breaks, maybe Cliff is there but he just dont smoke?

Cliff may have sent his bass lines via the internet or it maybe like you've suggested. As to what's going on who knows ? My theory is a new album & to back this there'll probably be a short farewell  world tour of very big gigs I'm thinking big festival type venues. That way it'll end the band properly & will be a fitting tribute to Mal. I guess we'll know soon enough.

12 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Good call a few years ago I you could have added The Farmers or The Haymarket lol

I had in mind The Percy and Three Bulls Heads, which are both next to each other on Percy Street. Whenever you go by - even at 10am ish, early morning - there is a wrinkled up jeans wearing AC/DC looking geezer smoking a fag outside.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I had in mind The Percy and Three Bulls Heads, which are both next to each other on Percy Street. Whenever you go by - even at 10am ish, early morning - there is a wrinkled up jeans wearing AC/DC looking geezer smoking a fag outside.

Yeah that's right in the late 80's early 90's I used to spend many a Saturday afternoon in the Percy playing pintball drinking cans of Red Stripe