No more AXL/DC? Looks like AC/DC have reunited with Brian Johnson.

Ace Nova

Just now, AFD5 said:

Yeah that's right in the late 80's early 90's I used to spend many a Saturday afternoon in the Percy playing pintball drinking cans of Red Stripe  

It is not such a bad pub really. It isn't outright old manish as it has juke boxes and things in, a sort of American retro decor thing. It usually has lots of people waiting for buses because it is opposite the Haymarket. The Three Bulls Heads is however a quintessential ''old mans' boozer''. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not such a bad pub really. It isn't outright old manish as it has juke boxes and things in, a sort of American retro decor thing. It usually has lots of people waiting for buses because it is opposite the Haymarket. The Three Bulls Heads is however a quintessential ''old mans' boozer''. 

Yeah the Percy's gone a bit up market over the years it wasnt always like that though friday & saturday nights there used to be loads of bikes parked up outside it was a proper bikers pub 

On 8/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, Bansidhe said:

They're tuned a half step down from the original recording and he's still not hitting the right notes a good deal of the time. Axl was nailing the stuff in standard tuning. I reckon Brian could still sound ok if they just do a short run of shows and have the best technology available for him to hear himself without risking further damage. I'd love to hear Axl do more stuff with the band (or even something else with Angus) but at the same time it'd be nice for Beano to get a proper farewell.

It's not just the notes either - his timing is a bit off here and there. I agree, it doesn't sound good. Not even close to Brian in 2015. 

IF this is all true, the biggest mystery to me is the Chris Slade interviews. He never said anything outright, but seemed to be heavily hinting that something would be coming. Now all of a sudden he's out of the picture again too? Something seems funny about that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

It's not just the notes either - his timing is a bit off here and there. I agree, it doesn't sound good. Not even close to Brian in 2015. 

IF this is all true, the biggest mystery to me is the Chris Slade interviews. He never said anything outright, but seemed to be heavily hinting that something would be coming. Now all of a sudden he's out of the picture again too? Something seems funny about that. 

"Loose lips sink ships"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, James Bond said:

I mean they’ve always looked pretty rough as it is but I will say that Phil looks a little better now than he did just after his arrest. At that time he was totally unrecognizable. Now he looks like I’d expect an older Phil to look.

Also interesting that there’s nothing from Cliff yet. My instinct tells me he’s there but who knows. Maybe he’s really staying true to his retirement.

Cliff said he's done with AC/DC. Why do you think he's not sticking to his words?? It's pretty obvious why there is no pic of Cliff. He is not there.

4 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Cliff may have sent his bass lines via the internet or it maybe like you've suggested. As to what's going on who knows ? My theory is a new album & to back this there'll probably be a short farewell  world tour of very big gigs I'm thinking big festival type venues. That way it'll end the band properly & will be a fitting tribute to Mal. I guess we'll know soon enough.

^^^This. Angus is very aware of his fans and the legacy of his band.

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Yeah the Percy's gone a bit up market over the years it wasnt always like that though friday & saturday nights there used to be loads of bikes parked up outside it was a proper bikers pub 

Hendrix played above on Percy St.

http://www.readysteadygone.co.uk/club-agogo-newcastle-2/

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah that was in the old "Handyside Arcade" next to the 3 Bulls. When they demolished the Handyside Arcade they pulled down the 3 Bulls by mistake & had to start re-building it as it was a listed building 

Edited by AFD5

5 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Cliff may have sent his bass lines via the internet or it maybe like you've suggested. As to what's going on who knows ? My theory is a new album & to back this there'll probably be a short farewell  world tour of very big gigs I'm thinking big festival type venues. That way it'll end the band properly & will be a fitting tribute to Mal. I guess we'll know soon enough.

This is exactly the opposite of what a member from AC/DC would do. There are two tracks on every AC/DC song: The band and the singer. Nothing else, not even overdubs.

Edited by Sosso

57 minutes ago, Sosso said:

This is exactly the opposite of what a member from AC/DC would do. There are two tracks on every AC/DC song: The band and the singer. Nothing else, not even overdubs.

Angus overdubs his solos. Rock Or Bust probably had the most overdubs of all their albums but nevertheless. It’s a practice he’s done from at least Highway To Hell onwards. I think they still do the basic tracks live off the floor though.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Cliff said he's done with AC/DC. Why do you think he's not sticking to his words?? It's pretty obvious why there is no pic of Cliff. He is not there.

Because two years ago we also had Brian gone and Slade around. Shit happens, things change. Signs are pointing to Angus wanting to go out on a higher note so I don’t see why Brian wouldn’t have been able to convince Cliff to come back. Brian and Phil gone are/were part of the reason he left (according to the man himself). Yeah it’s possible that he’s not there and Angus is simply putting together the most original line-up possible, but I’m inclined to believe that if he’s got Brian back and is giving Phil another shot then Cliff can be lured back as well.

39 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Angus overdubs his solos. Rock Or Bust probably had the most overdubs of all their albums but nevertheless. It’s a practice he’s done from at least Highway To Hell onwards. I think they still do the basic tracks live off the floor though.

Because two years ago we also had Brian gone and Slade around. Shit happens, things change. Signs are pointing to Angus wanting to go out on a higher note so I don’t see why Brian wouldn’t have been able to convince Cliff to come back. Brian and Phil gone are/were part of the reason he left (according to the man himself). Yeah it’s possible that he’s not there and Angus is simply putting together the most original line-up possible, but I’m inclined to believe that if he’s got Brian back and is giving Phil another shot then Cliff can be lured back as well.

But none of them ever said they were done with AC/DC. Both of them wanted to be there but where forced out. Whereas Cliff decided out of his own free will that he was done. If Brian and Phil were the reason, he simply could have waited to see whether they would come back and not make that public statement.

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I think you'll find technology has moved on,  Back  In Black was produced by Mutt Lange i'm sure overdubs would be used.

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

"Does the prospect of an AC/DC album without Brian bring you out in a rash?"

I'm sorry, but this is nonesense. The only key members are the Youngs.

Rubbish Brian's been a member of ac/dc for nearly 40 years i'm fairly confident he'd be classed as a key member of the band. Tbf to Brian, Angus & Mal were ready to call it a day after Bon's passing. When Brian joined it re-ignited them & with Brian the band went on to record the 2nd biggest selling album of all time "Back in Black" So i'd class Brian very much a key member of the band. You do know Axl only joined D.C. to help out I doubt he was ever to become THE lead singer. He did it as a favour to Angus & the other members of the band as they were heavily committed to the "Rock Or Bust Tour" It would have cost the band a fortune had they cancelled the tour. Axl helped out as a favour & because he was a fan of the band. I doubt he ever saw himself as Brian's replacement  due to his commitments to Guns

Edited by AFD5
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Rubbish Brian's been a member of ac/dc for nearly 40 years i'm fairly confident he'd be classed as a key member of the band. Tbf to Brian, Angus & Mal were ready to call it a day after Bon's passing. When Brian joined it re-ignited them & with Brian the band went on to record the 2nd biggest selling album of all time "Back in Black" So i'd class Brian very much a key member of the band.

100%

Don't get me wrong, I went to see AC/DC purely to see that ginger cunt belt out those tunes. However, you ask any die hard AC/DC fan, especially the ones that lived through Bon's death, about Brian Johnson and they'll tell you that he was instrumental in that band staying together. I personally don't think AC/DC would have reached the heights they did without him joining. That voice + Back In Black changed everything. I've had several arguments with ACCA DACCA fans on various social media platforms about how sub par Brian's performances were during his last run and they weren't having any of it. They're a hard bunch to crack. 

I personally would have loved to have seen an Axl/DC release, but I know the majority of their hardcore fans wouldn't have been happy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dean said:

I personally would have loved to have seen an Axl/DC release, but I know the majority of their hardcore fans wouldn't have been happy.

It would be cool to have a live album or a dvd with a concert from the tour with Axl. At least that, it would be nice to have pro recording with Axl singing the ACDC tubes. I love ACDC, not as much as guns, and it would be the perfect combo.

25 minutes ago, MJRemastered said:

It would be cool to have a live album or a dvd with a concert from the tour with Axl. At least that, it would be nice to have pro recording with Axl singing the ACDC tubes. I love ACDC, not as much as guns, and it would be the perfect combo.

I was hoping for a live album, the professional shot snippets of Rock or Bust and Shoot to Thrill are outstanding. However with them all back in good terms, I unfortunately can't see it happening anymore.