Guns N' Roses rehearsal 2002 VMA

On 12-8-2018 at 8:55 AM, SoulMonster said:

Try this on for size: "So the crazy fanatics over at mygnrforum, who have been hurling abuse our way since it was first known we were connected to Axl, now want us to comment on something? Okay, I will do that but it is at the bottom of my to-do pile."

I wonder what will happen if something seriously goes wrong and it comes out this guy was claiming to work for TB and TB knew but didn't do anything because they don't care about whining fans.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

I wonder what will happen if something seriously goes wrong and it comes out this guy was claiming to work for TB and TB knew but didn't do anything because they don't care about whining fans.

I'll NEVER EVER BUY A GUNS N' ROSES ALBUM AGAIN!!

Rather easy boycott really considering they never release anything which one can boycott!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think that is pretty much exactly where we are now. 

Edit: Oh, you probably mean if someone got hurt. I am sure TB would argue they had nothing to do with it, even if it involved someone on their payroll. 

Edited by SoulMonster

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll NEVER EVER BUY A GUNS N' ROSES ALBUM AGAIN!!

Rather easy boycott really considering they never release anything which one can boycott!

there's still a chance that the next GNR release will be AFD 40th anniversary super box set.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I think that is pretty much exactly where we are now. 

Yes, but now only us diehard nerds know about it and we clearly don't matter. If something real happened, more media will pick it up and it would be a pr nightmare for TB, and for GNR. That's why I don't get why they don't come out and say 'This guy is not affiliated with us in any way.' (Except of course if he is, and I'm still hoping he isn't.) Look at Tommy Stinson, or his social media person. Seems like they wasted no time.

Don't forget this has been going on for years. This is a person who had TB believe he was Izzy, right? Would they really work with him after that? I know nothing's impossible with TB, but still, hard to wrap my head around that.

I know they don't care about him posting personal stuff about multiple forum people in the past, but this person has been terrorizing the community for years and years now. I'm sure they know of him. Why not simply come out and say they have nothing to do with him? Nothing could be easier. Who wants to associate themselves with a person like that? Surely you'd want no one thinking they were working for you?

Also, @zombux: where did those PM's come from? Or from when are they? A few months back?

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes, but now only us diehard nerds know about it and we clearly don't matter. If something real happened, more media will pick it up and it would be a pr nightmare for TB, and for GNR. That's why I don't get why they don't come out and say 'This guy is not affiliated with us in any way.' (Except of course if he is, and I'm still hoping he isn't.) Look at Tommy Stinson, or his social media person. Seems like they wasted no time.

Don't forget this has been going on for years. This is a person who had TB believe he was Izzy, right? Would they really work with him after that? I know nothing's impossible with TB, but still, hard to wrap my head around that.

I know they don't care about him posting personal stuff about multiple forum people in the past, but this person has been terrorizing the community for years and years now. I'm sure they know of him. Why not simply come out and say they have nothing to do with him? Nothing could be easier. Who wants to associate themselves with a person like that? Surely you'd want no one thinking they were working for you?

Also, @zombux: where did those PM's come from? Or from when are they? A few months back?

It is obviously not how I would have handled public relations, or how most companies would have handled it. Usually you have people who are responsible for this kind of communication, even with challenging and rather small segments of your customer base. For some reason GN'R don't have that.

I am sure TB will publicly deny any relations with the Walker guy if something awful happened, or if for some reason they start to get real pushback about the YT takedowns from the entire fan community, and not just from us. And that goes for both the scenario where he has been acting entirely independently and just claiming to have TB's blessing, and the scenario where TB has approved of him taking down videos and he is basically operating with their blessing. They would likely say they are appalled by what happened and that they either never meant or condoned that particular action (if Walker did something awful), or that he went too far and that they will look into the practice of protecting copyrighted material. Or something to that effect. Wash their hands of the whole thing and imply a change of practice.

Unless, of course, they are behind it all including this undefined "awful thing" -- which is a completely surrealistic scenario -then it comes down to whether it can be proven or not (professional crooks dont leave paper trails, but I somehow don't think they would be). If it can't be proven, they are in the clear and can continue their nefarious business. If it can be proved, in this highly unrealistic scenario, I guess they'd flee and take up refuge in Vicky Hamilton's apartment until the police stopped looking for them.

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am sure TB will publicly deny any relations with the Walker guy if something awful happened, or if for some reason they start to get real pushback about the YT takedowns from the entire fan community, and not just from us. And that goes for both the scenario where he has been acting entirely independently and just claiming to have TB's blessing, and the scenario where TB has approved of him taking down videos and he is basically operating with their blessing. They would likely say they are appalled by what happened and that they either never meant or condoned that particular action (if Walker did something awful), or that he went too far and that they will look into the practice of protecting copyrighted material. Or something to that effect. Wash their hands of the whole thing and imply a change of practice.

Yes, but then it will be too late. Because they've been sitting on this information for weeks (LOL, but you know, let's pretend they had no idea about it all up until downzy sent them all the information). Their reputation will be ruined forever. And forget about TB, no one except us knows them, this is GNR's reputation at stake. So in a way also Duff's and Slash's.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

One day he says he works for TB and is taking everything down on YT...the next day he says he doesn’t work for TB and isn’t behind the strikes, he’s been getting strikes too (from himself? :lol:)! 

What a head trip! 

What? Now? Maybe TB has told him not to say he's working for TB. Problem solved! :lol:

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Yes, but then it will be too late. Because they've been sitting on this information for weeks (LOL, but you know, let's pretend they had no idea about it all up until downzy sent them all the information). Their reputation will be ruined forever. And forget about TB, no one except us knows them, this is GNR's reputation at stake. So in a way also Duff's and Slash's.

If we are only talking about taking down YT videos (and no "awful thing"), then their reputation will not be ruined even if it comes out they employed some loser to take down videos on their behalf. Metallica survived Napstergate. It will blow over if they just admit it was wrong and stop the practice. Or even if they continued taking down videos but claimed they do it because they have plans of releasing that material officially. They will survive it if they handle it correctly. Things blow over.

If something awful happened, then it really comes down to whether they can distance themselves from it. If they can, all is good; if they can't, they have a serious problem.

So I don't think they risk anything at the moment. 

But on the other hand, let's say Walker contacted Beta over social media and said he intended to take down YT videos on their behalf and wanted her consent, and she something that could be interpreted as an approval, then it could make things worse IF they made a public statement about it now. Because if they denied any involvement, Walker might publish a screenshot of the chat and they WOULD risk losing all -- they'd both be evil anti-bootleg people AND liars. Alternatively, they could admit having talked to the fellow and that there is a misunderstanding because they never expected it to go this far, but people are likely not to believe them after seeing the screen shot. In either case, they have a problem, a big problem, a problem that would reach the media, so it might make sense to just wait and hope it remains contained in this forum so they never have to make any statement about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But on the other hand, let's say Walker contacted Beta over social media and said he intended to take down YT videos on their behalf and wanted her consent, and she something that could be interpreted as an approval, then it could make things worse IF they made a public statement about it now. Because if they denied any involvement, Walker might publish a screenshot of the chat and they WOULD risk losing all -- they'd both be evil anti-bootleg people AND liars. Alternatively, they could admit having talked to the fellow and that there is a misunderstanding because they never expected it to go this far, but people are likely not to believe them after seeing the screen shot. In either case, they have a problem, a big problem, a problem that would reach the media, so it might make sense to just wait and hope it remains contained in this forum so they never have to make any statement about it.

Yes, I could totally imagine something like that. He has a pic with Beta on his social media, so he can prove they met at the very least.

Oh Axl, I know you love having your family around, but I wish you'd employ professionals as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lio said:

What will happen is the truth of this awful management will come out and they will get what they deserve.

I just unpinned by open letter as it seems neither the people who were threatened want to contact the proper authorities nor does Team Brazil want to acknowledge the issue. Looks like the whole thing will end up just being one giant non-issue.

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just unpinned by open letter as it seems neither the people who were threatened want to contact the proper authorities nor does Team Brazil want to acknowledge the issue. Looks like the whole thing will end up just being one giant non-issue.

Oh well. I still appreciate your efforts.

To be continued, no doubt, as I'm sure this saga will get another episode at some point in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

oh well. what else could be expected honestly. thanks for your HUGE effort anyway! :)

since TB prefers not to deny any affiliations with the psychoes, we have to consider them unofficially hired tools cuz TB doesn't want to get their own hands dirty, so they use those freaks.

fair enough.

f1739488c2bc009a93329a209237910e--jurass

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

It's probably time for someone to take all the known info to the press and see what happens...

if you have some contacts to the press, you're welcome :) so far this got only onto Alternativenation and Blabbermouth (if I remember correctly), which is not very "solid and trusted" platform :)