walter22

Guns N' Roses rehearsal 2002 VMA

13 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Also loved the rants and his general crowd engagement.  NITL-Axl feels like a hostage in some way.  Was there even 1 rant on this 2016/2018 tour?

I think Axl hasn't really ever ranted on stage since 2002 (with the exception of a couple of times in 2006), has he? After 2010 it's been just a few words or little stories between songs that can't be considered "rants".

He has told some short stories (about songs mainly) during the NITL tour.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl hasn't really ever ranted on stage since 2002 (with the exception of a couple of times in 2006), has he? After 2010 it's been just a few words or little stories between songs that can't be considered "rants".

He has told some short stories (about songs mainly) during the NITL tour.

I wonder if that is a sign of a more mentally stable Axl?  At least in the Illusion days it seemed like a lot of his rants were him getting his own personal demons out there - and his 2002 rants were filled with his unresolved feelings towards Slash and the old band lol

Considering how he said the last few years have been great when he was on Kimmel in 2012, to me I can see how a mentally happier Axl means less stuff to rant about

13 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Axl talked to us a lot in St. Louis. That was a fuckin awesome show and the vibe was great. 

Dude I was there. The whole story about the meat locker and the FBI was pretty fuckin funny. Best show I've ever been to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Dude I was there. The whole story about the meat locker and the FBI was pretty fuckin funny. Best show I've ever been to

It was an amazing memory. I still slightly prefer the KC show I went to in 2016, but I will always cherish both shows. I still keep my ticket on my desk.

FoC2vJk.jpg

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, History2010 said:

It was an amazing memory. I still slightly prefer the KC show I went to in 2016, but I will always cherish both shows. I still keep my ticket on my desk.

FoC2vJk.jpg

Nice! I framed all of my tickets and my floor wristband from STL. The only one missing is Chicago 1 from 2016. Can't remember where I put it. 

20180814_075150.jpg

• Like 2

On August 12, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Amir said:

This is all so sad. If there is a single human being on this earth who would pay $10,000 for that I pity them. Even if I were a billionaire I wouldn't waste my time or money on this.

I'd pay like $10 tops and the only reason would be to leak it to people that want it. I just don't get the mass appeal

• Like 3

On 8/9/2018 at 1:29 PM, NeonKinight said:

I was thinkin' about usin' it as a coin in further tradings/negotiations. 
But thanks to some lameass leaker (and many thanks to GNRSudamerica) Now we lost another good coin.

Good for you, buddy. Good for you.

Yes.

But I guess everything is pretty blown up now. 

for 1 Grand you could have bough the whole 40 minutes at one time and now its 10 Grand talk about inflation

On 14/08/2018 at 12:41 PM, Blackstar said:

I don't know if it's a sign of that. It could be that he "grew up". Or that he saw the rants as part of a past he wanted to put behind. Or that he regretted that he had opened up too much in the past (not only with his rants, but also with his interviews) and "silence" was his new way to deal with things. This is someone who suddenly went from being accused of "talking too much" to disappearing from the public eye for years.

And I'm not sure if the years before 2012 were really great. It doesn't look like they were in that alleged e-mail list leak.

-------

Some stories Axl told during NITL:

When we recorded that song [Don't Cry] originally, we were driving the engineer nuts in Hollywood, and Steven wanted more high hat. And finally the guy cracked and he pulled a gun on us. Unlike Ryan Lochte and his gun, our gun was real. [Onstage in Sao Paolo, Brazil, November 11, 2016]

I heard that in the Cheap Trick song that says "they are out to get you". Yet, when this was in our song, I was the paranoid fucker. But you know, I didn't write it; that was the only line I didn't write in that song, "out ta get me". That was Izzy's [Onstage in Lisbon, Portugal, June 2, 2017]

The person I wrote that song [This I Love] for, said "thank you for the gift of your soul". Well, it took a while but I got that fucker back. [Onstage in Copenhagen, Denmark, June 27, 2017]

I wanna introduce the band, but before I do that I want to share a little piece of trivia on the song Coma. When we recorded that song, when we recorded Use Your Illusions, everybody was involved in different parts of writing it but only one person came down, once, to help with the vocals. And that was the help with one word. Slash came down to make sure I got the word "God dammit!" right. Just sharing that with you. It was very, very, very important to him that I got the right pronounciation and the right inflection on the word "God dammit". Just saying. [Live on stage, Buffalo, USA, August 16 2017]

I remember when we wrote that Used To Love Her song. It really, really wasn't about misogyny or anything. It was just that... there was another band in town, and they had written a song; and Izzy and I were sitting around, and it was all about how a woman kicked the guy's ass. And we were like "wow, what a bunch of pussies!" [Onstage in Hartford CT, October 23, 2017].

http://www.a-4-d.com/f8-gn-r-song-archive

Im under the impression  TIL is about slash?.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:30 PM, bdinan said:

I enjoyed to 2002-06 era. It seemed more organic. The shows were actually "shows" - Axl's banter was entertaining, and part of the adrenaline of whether or not he will show up, whether or not he would throw a tirade, or start a riot was kind of enjoyable in some sick, twisted way. It all seems manufactured. It seems like a bunch of employees doing their "job." Don't get me wrong, the shows have been pretty solid for the most part, despite Axl not being his best vocally, but there's just something off about it. It's hard to compare eras - you're never gonna have the illusions era again. I just think you're looking at a bunch of guys cashing in on a huge opportunity. 

I don't blame the band one bit for cashing in on opportunity. I think most of us would do the same. I don't consider Axl or anyone "sellouts." They're just doing what's right by them and their loved ones. 

I just think the excitement of this "NITL" tour wore off rather quickly. 

Might be a product of modern technology. Nowadays it is impossible to prevent bootlegs. Everyone has a high def recording device in their pocket, so you're getting the shows real time. Back in 02-06, you had to wait hours - sometimes days, weeks or months for even low quality clips. The thrill of actually going to the shows was something more that doesn't exist anymore - but I guess that can apply to any live act.

Maybe I'm just a cantankerous old man... lol

1) Izzy and

2) New music(classic, modern or both)

On 8/13/2018 at 12:07 PM, marunic said:

not gonna be a popular opinion but i also think 2006 was the 2nd best time for GNR/Axl. The 2000s in general were great for GNR (live wise), realistically 2006 axl could match up to 90s axl

Cocaine Axl.

Everyone’s favorite Axl.

Grandkids, kids, parents and grandparents align

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2018 at 8:50 AM, RageKage said:

Why not just share it?

The whole idea of hoarding is to trade for other materiel but looks like this guy just wants to cash in 

On 8/9/2018 at 3:53 PM, GNR 1991 said:

Believe it or not, people actually enjoy that era of the band.

Me. It was something new and different, they were getting ready to tour the U.S, I thought CD was getting ready to come out, followed by a couple albums, videos. It was a great time imo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly have no idea why anyone is still interested in this. I can't believe that it has any perceived monetary value. 

It really can't. Especially now that there's real members back in the band.

Edited by moreblack

Guys, come on. Don’t forget how we all loved it back then, desperately waiting for any snippet of anything, footage- or event-wise.

As for the voice, he was half-assing it, obviously; it’s just a sound check.

Let’s be a bit humble, maybe? It kind of reminds me of today’s fans who at first were all over the reunion, and all they do now is bitch about the setlist or Axl’s voice or whatever. Sure, it basically sucks, but... how about not being such smartasses, huh? :D

You know what I mean.

• Like 2

I mean, I'd love to see the whole thing one day. I'm intrigued. Definitely can't believe how much money it's being hoarded for though. It's not THAT big a deal IMO.