Guns N' Roses rehearsal 2002 VMA

As for the hoarders waiting for this stuff to gain even more value – they might have waited a tad too long. Given the mood going around recently regarding the pseudo-legal internet stuff as well as the merchandize prices (just look at the reactions here – this wouldn’t have happened years ago), they might have missed the boat. 

But as George Carlin would say: Good, fuck ‘em! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Late to the party, let me just share one thought. Not to defend a lousy performance, but I believe lots of the not so great performances of that era are rooted in bad management. I can't put all the blame on Axl as for any lousy performance of that era you can find ten amazing ones.

If your band was invited by Neil Young or had the opportunity to perform at RIR or the VMA's - would you pass or take it on no matter what? To some level, it probably also depends on the ambition and the pressure. A good manager should be a brave consigliere but Axl just seems to have had people pushing him to suck more exposure and money out of him and musicians not giving two shits either - resulting in embarassing performances.

I find you quite delusional. But, to each its own.

8 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I was just saying how tragic it is there isn't more Axl and Buckethead leads.

It's funny when Paradise City kicks in, Bucket goes, hey kids, hold my beer.

Then proceeds to embarrass all humans who have ever attempted to play the guitar. 

I always found it bizarre how Bucket was playing 2nd fiddle to Finck in that lineup. 

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

It's a tragedy.

I was listening to this majestic performance of November Rain in 2002 the other day. 

Maybe from a stolen soundboard... maybe not. Maybe fuck yourself.

Any who, I was listening to this gloriousness - a backing choir of angels, soft melodic piano, some nice deep groove drums, and then all of the sudden Finck comes in like a screeching child.

Totally ruined it.

Russ' gonna ban your ass.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, killuridols said:

How in the hell Jason Voorhees ended up playing for Guns N' Roses is beyond my fuckin' comprehension and I have the IQ of Einstein (or quite close)

:facepalm:

Leatherface. You are not a fan of horror films, right? 

22 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The terms "first lead guitar" and "second lead guitar" are fan made. 

definitely. there was not really such thing like "lead guitarist" and "rhytm guitarist". there was more like "lead guitar dueling" with guitarists fluidly taking leads.

I'd say it was like... Robin Finck at ordinary lead guitar, Richard Fortus at occasional lead guitar, and Buckethead at stunt lead guitar. all depending to situation.

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

Team Brazil hard at work!

well they have a minion to do their job :) and since TB doesn't bother telling us and let someone else to get his hands dirty... we can easily assume that they are indeed behind it all.

38127538_10216975602048126_9069330131385

Buckethead's introduction into the band actually is pretty baffling, in the sense that I wonder how Axl knew about him to begin with. Same with Bumblefoot. I'm inclined to believe that he knew of BH via his work with Viggo Mortensen for some reason

44 minutes ago, Stro said:

Buckethead's introduction into the band actually is pretty baffling, in the sense that I wonder how Axl knew about him to begin with. Same with Bumblefoot. I'm inclined to believe that he knew of BH via his work with Viggo Mortensen for some reason

Josh set the band up with Bucket. Josh and Bucket are old friends. 

1 hour ago, zombux said:

well they have a minion to do their job :) and since TB doesn't bother telling us and let someone else to get his hands dirty... we can easily assume that they are indeed behind it all.

38127538_10216975602048126_9069330131385

Man, what a loon. I hope someone vouches to get him the professional help he desperately needs.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Josh set the band up with Bucket. Josh and Bucket are old friends. 

Interesting. I read somewhere that Matt Sorum was the one to put Bucket on Axl's radar, after they worked together on the Power Rangers movie soundtrack which was recorded at Rumbo.